i just want to know

DuffleBagYoda

TBayCane RELOADED
Want to know what some of you expected.

The team isn't quitting. The 2nd stringers are overall mediocre except DL.

The OL literally gets choked and pushed backwards EVERY play. Watching the ND game, every OL is getting ragdolled with their chin strap showing.

Our QB, needs to see the game from the bench. Honestly, on replays he doesn't look off coverage doesn't read both sides of the field AND is missing high, overthrowing recievers and has bad feet.

Our LBs are just young, thats it. Over achieving for typical freshman.

The DBs are bad besides Corn. Malek Young dodnt dive for that fumble. We play off every play with a different zone blitz under the same shell...

I see promise but i see a lot of mediocrity that was masked by just how bad they were coached since 2011.

So now we know exactly why we haven't won 10 games and are coming off 6 and 8 win seasons.

Richt has blame here, but turn on tape and players are getting whooped.

Remember jimmy said it aint about x's and o's, its about jimmy's and joes.

Advertisement
We need another good recruiting class or two. This team would easily be 3-5 with blow out losses under Goldie. The team is still trying, therefore there is still hope.

I agree. But you aren't allowed to blame the players around here. It's the coaches fault for not calling plays to coverup their weakness. No one can tell you what those plays are but they do exist and only Tom Herman, Dino Barbers, Mike Leach, Fuentes, Petrino and a few other coaches know them.

I would hope we would have seen Richt produce a better offense then James Coley. Coley was a bad OC, but he's better then Richt.

A decent offense and the team is 7-1, FSU, UNC and ND losses are squarely on Richt

You will notice that the loudest complainers are the ones who said there was no excuse for less than 10+ wins this year. They had unrealistic expectations and now are mad as **** they were wrong.

Advertisement
You will notice that the loudest complainers are the ones who said there was no excuse for less than 10+ wins this year. They had unrealistic expectations and now are mad as **** they were wrong.
Too many Tender azzes on this board. Still waiting for some key names to show up and post now. Probably too busy with the prep H and sitting on a bag of frozen peas.

I woke up thinking one thing. As disappointing as this season and the play of our QB has been, we would be 7-1 if we had just a decent o-line. Never mind the injuries and roster losses for disciplinary reasons to an already undermanned team. That said I'm tired of all the "reasons" we suck.

I only wish Coley and Golden were here so the Richt bashers could see what a mess this team could really look like (yeah, it could be worse). Coley is not, and would not do better. We are deviod of elete players, ****, even good players in many spots on the offense. Give me two very good tackles, Dalvin Cook and and another very good WR and what do you think this O would be doing?

I read on this site, that Walton has no vision, Yearby is slow, Gus is soft, Coley is fragile, and our Oline is the worst in college football. Richt did not recruit one of them, he inherited them, but somehow with all of their fault as this board and others describe, it is Richt that is the issue. Perhaps it is a case of only being able to do so much with what you have. And no, James Coley would not be doing any better.

You see NFL guys fail due to underpreforming talent. It happens, even to great minds. But, get the great talent and even the lesser of a coach can work miricles, see Larry Coker, Jimbo Fisher...

Get some players in here on the OL, WR, RB, CB, S and let's get back to UM football Go Canes!

Advertisement
I didn't think 10 wins was realistic, but I did think we would play better (at least on Offense) than we have. I am not happy, but I am not in the doom and gloom camp... yet.

All that being said, Vegas either knew something that we didn't or was just looking at the team w/o the orange and green classes as they pegged Miami at 6.5 wins and that was before losing Grace and AQM.

For the most part, at least this far in, Vegas has been pretty spot on

TeamWin TotalPrices
Clemson10.5Over -110 Under -110
Florida State9.5Over +100 Under -120
Louisville9Over +110 Under -130
North Carolina8.5Over -125 Under +105
Pittsburgh7Over +100 Under -120
Boston College6.5Over -110 Under -110
Georgia Tech6.5Over +100 Under -120
Miami6.5Over -125 Under +105
Virginia Tech6.5Over -130 Under +110
NC State6Over -110 Under -110
Duke5.5Over -110 Under -110
Wake Forest5.5Over +110 Under -130
Virginia4.5Over -130 Under +110
Syracuse4Over -110 Under -110

Want to know what some of you expected.

The team isn't quitting. The 2nd stringers are overall mediocre except DL.

The OL literally gets choked and pushed backwards EVERY play. Watching the ND game, every OL is getting ragdolled with their chin strap showing.

Our QB, needs to see the game from the bench. Honestly, on replays he doesn't look off coverage doesn't read both sides of the field AND is missing high, overthrowing recievers and has bad feet.

Our LBs are just young, thats it. Over achieving for typical freshman.

The DBs are bad besides Corn. Malek Young dodnt dive for that fumble. We play off every play with a different zone blitz under the same shell...

I see promise but i see a lot of mediocrity that was masked by just how bad they were coached since 2011.

So now we know exactly why we haven't won 10 games and are coming off 6 and 8 win seasons.

Richt has blame here, but turn on tape and players are getting whooped.

Remember jimmy said it aint about x's and o's, its about jimmy's and joes.

I expect the Top 5 QB I was sold at CIS.com.

Last edited:
I would hope we would have seen Richt produce a better offense then James Coley. Coley was a bad OC, but he's better then Richt.

A decent offense and the team is 7-1, FSU, UNC and ND losses are squarely on Richt

Run the comparison for Coley's 1st season as an OC. When he didn't know that team any better than Richt knows this team.

And Coley had a QB projected to go high in the NFL draft, a better OL, NFL TE and receivers, and a running back better than Walton and Yearby.

No. You lack basic intelligence. But keep trying to defend a burned out coach who has a top 3 roster in the acc. Keep saying he just needs more 'time'.

Be sure to visit the Georgia boards to get some perspective on our coach. The guy is done.

Advertisement

Run the comparison for Coley's 1st season as an OC. When he didn't know that team any better than Richt knows this team.

And Coley had a QB projected to go high in the NFL draft, a better OL, NFL TE and receivers, and a running back better than Walton and Yearby.

Lol at comparing richts garbage with coleys garbage. That's how bad it's gotten: it's like two homeless guys fighting for the same stale bread in these analyses.

We were overrated at 4-0 and the Board then extrapolated excellence based on FSU getting smoked by Louisville. We struggled against FAU and the offense sucked against GT, but people kept insisting there was a hidden playbook and we could score when we needed to. They were wrong. In the Spring we heard greatness and that Coley coming back was the difference for a great year. Those people were wrong. The people that said the season would come down to OL development were much more accurate in the assessment. Management annointing the Messiah and clamoring about Sundays were wrong. The Sundays argument is sleight of hand. Jenkins and a Carter may play on Sundays, yet people curse their play up and down here at Miami. All of a sudden they will make a play on Sunday and people will scream we had NFL talent the whole time.

We'd like to think we are better than 4-4, but we are not. We have players that will play in the NFL. What we don't have is big time players that make big time plays in big time games.

Ex: Carter needs to secure the fumble. Kaaya needs to not overthrow Coley or take the sacks at key times in the game. Yearby needs to gain that one yard.

Last edited:
Just stop it. We all know it is us, the fans fault. If we would just stop complaining, every 5* would come here and any stupid coach could win here. If Howard had to put up with today's fans he would have never won a game .... wait, there were no fans, well maybe a couple thousand, when Howard took over. What an advantage he had. Mark was here then. Maybe that is his real plan. Get rid of the fans so he can operate free of our negative influence.

Advertisement
Bruh we dont have a top 3 Roster. We have a couple guys who could start other places.( Outside the DL, which has some outstanding talent, and has been the BEST unit on the team.)

Our QB is off at the moment.

Our most consistent RB isn't getting enough burn.

Our OL is getting really good at turning around and reading jerseys, and yelling here he comes.

Our safeties are bad tacklers who are good for a no wrap hit or a penalty.

One of our starters at CB played Safety at another school where he didn't start.

Our best WR is incapable of 100% health.

Did i miss anything

I woke up thinking one thing. As disappointing as this season and the play of our QB has been, we would be 7-1 if we had just a decent o-line.
this!

I think we'd be undefeated with a semi-mobile QB. I'm not even talking about a scrambler, just somebody who can move around in the pocket to and change the launching point.

Brad moves like a Street Fighter character, while all these other QB's are moving around like Tekken.

I woke up thinking one thing. As disappointing as this season and the play of our QB has been, we would be 7-1 if we had just a decent o-line.
this!

I think we'd be undefeated with a semi-mobile QB. I'm not even talking about a scrambler, just somebody who can move around in the pocket to and change the launching point.

Brad moves like a Street Fighter character, while all these other QB's are moving around like Tekken.
U got a point

This.

I can forgive losses due to lack of personnel a la the VT game. What I can't forgive is a lack of imagination and outright stubbornness in play calling that cost us 3 games.

Advertisement
Back