I hope y’all give those 5 stars a break!

Advertisement
Dude. No.

We’re no where near Bama. We’re no where near Clemson.
If you can read I said from what I witnessed tonight! You guys are so anxious to criticize you missed the whole point! I never said we are better than Bama. Only from what I saw on TV tonight! I hope that clear things up for you!

Put on yours! If you guys think we can’t win next year with a little better coaching on offense I guess all hope has been crushed by the last regime!
And the 3 regimes before that. Mr. Homer do not be overly confident that new regime will be any better than the last 4.

Advertisement
Talent wise our WRs, RBs, TEs can compete against anyone but what separates us from those schools are the O-Line and QB. On defense let’s be real... We had a top ranked defense but even it was a bit overrated. Our D-Line had one Elite player in Willis and Joe Jack and Garvin are above average but not truly elite.

Our linebackers are average and our DBs show flashes but aren’t very consistent. We’ve had some really good players like Jaquan but as good as he is I think even with him we were so happy to have a guy back there that could make some plays that a lot of us hyped him way too much. Truth is we don’t have those “Gamechangers” like we used to. I mean guys who could single-handedly take over and dominate a game. True undeniable first round talents.

Our talent with all the recruit misses look better than Bama tonight!

Our defense looks light years better than bama. How can they look so bad with all those 5 star athletes year in and year out? Where are they?

Our starting 11 on offense look on par with Bama except QB and he did not look like much tonight!

If we get the right OC we are not far from a winning program guys, from what I’m witnessing tonight.

Bama has the elite Nick Saban and 200 head coaches on staff, but somehow managed to get completely out-coached. Pathetic!

Advertisement
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-F...edium=ExternalEmbed&utm_campaign=TeamRankings

Clemson is far outnumbered by Bama in terms of 4 and 5 stars. Yet beat the brakes off them. 76 point difference. It's good gameplanning. There is a 90 point difference between Clemson and Miami. We might not beat them, but we should be able to keep it close. If we are undefeated going into the acc championship game, we can still get into the playoffs even with a close loss to Clemson.
My point was and I agree that coaching what you got means more than chasing stars! How many top recruits came to Miami and never showed up on the field? Either we were really unfortunate to grab all the bust or it all came down to terrible coaching and game planning?

Point is, we have some horses if we can get our OF in gear!

Talent wise our WRs, RBs, TEs can compete against anyone but what separates us from those schools are the O-Line and QB. On defense let’s be real... We had a top ranked defense but even it was a bit overrated. Our D-Line had one Elite player in Willis and Joe Jack and Garvin are above average but not truly elite.

Our linebackers are average and our DBs show flashes but aren’t very consistent. We’ve had some really good players like Jaquan but as good as he is I think even with him we were so happy to have a guy back there that could make some plays that a lot of us hyped him way too much. Truth is we don’t have those “Gamechangers” like we used to. I mean guys who could single-handedly take over and dominate a game. True undeniable first round talents.
No Shawn Taylor’s , Ray Lewis’s, Micheal Barrows or even Warren Sapps. But you have to give the defense a little break. Those guys played about 3/4 of every game , put in bad situations, they gave the offense numerous turnovers and a few near the goal and these guy still could not score! The defense had to start on turnovers with their backs against the end zone. As a game goes on it could be very demoralizing to any defense playing their hearts out and getting zero help from the other side.

Love the optimism, especially bc it's realistic. Need more posts of this nature on this message board

Last edited:
Love the optimism, especially bc it's realistic. Need more of this nature on this message board
And just for the record! I said nothing in this thread about a Championship of any kind! My point is we could start winning and build momentum to the next year! Once we win we will have no problem with recruits!

Advertisement
Bama has the elite Nick Saban and 200 head coaches on staff, but somehow managed to get completely out-coached. Pathetic!
They got demolished and embarrassed on National TV. I guess all those guys that jumped ship and went to Bama is wondering what the **** happened?

They left Miami because of sh*ty football and ended up on a team that sh*ted the bed! And they left home for that crap! But it’s only one game. But this one really hurts!

Advertisement
I want some of whatever you’re drinking. Or smoking. Or snorting.
I’m snorting? or drinking (which I am) because I said we looked like Bama? On OF they may have looked better, but I will give our DF the nod TONIGHT! Nothing to snort about on that!

Last edited:
Talent wise our WRs, RBs, TEs can compete against anyone but what separates us from those schools are the O-Line and QB."

BINGO. People always want to talk about the flashy guys, the speedsters, the skill players etc, but football games are won or lost in the trenches, period. I would much rather have recruiting classes full of 4/5 star OL and DL than WR, RB, TE's. We improved tremendously up front on defense the last few year but our OL situation is still deplorable, talent-wise and coaching-wise. Until we get better, MUCH better on the O-line all the Lingard's, Jordan's, Pope's/Hightower's in the world won't make a difference. Also, we need to find a QB, and not just an athletically gifted QB, but I want to see a guy that has the "IT" factor, similar to Dorsey.

Advertisement
Back