I hope this is the one, because ...

As I recall Manny was recognized for his defenses, and seemed an ideal person to slide into the HC slot...unfortunately the league figured out his defense and he didn't adjust plus his hire of Enos drew accolades, what a mess that became but you must admit Lashlee was a quick and successful change. I am encouraged with the squad Mario is inheriting and he should succeed right away with the current talent and a few defensive recruits or portals. Believe me, no one wants Mario to succeed more than I do. I've still enjoyed watching our players but the losses (and not the blow outs but the close ones have been painful.
Not many outside the Diaz family was excited about his hire. The rest of us saw Shannon part duh.

Advertisement
When I opened this thread, I briefly believed it would read:

"... Lord knows I won't be around for the next one." That would have easily been the best @fraggle thread in the history of CIS. Instead, we get this. Big sigh, OP. Big, big sigh...

No one was happy when Coker took over for Davis, we hated to see Davis leave and we were right. But then an alum and great defensive coach took the team, Randy Shannon and we were glad, except he made things even worse. Our new hero was Golden and golden except he sucked and fortunately he got canned and a very experienced coach joined the U. Another alum with great credentials and he was loyal to his son and under pressure quit. His DC was hired away and in a desperate move the U brought Manny Diaz back. He was a Miami guy and MOST expected better than what THEY got. But NOW we have another alum, our hero has arrived to rescue the mess the previous coaches could not. Ignore the Utah 76 Oregon 17 debacle he coached against Utah TWICE, he is the knight on a green and orange horse (sorry to refer to horses per the nolies). Not one to denigrate the new hire just want to walk into this with open eyes and recognize the previous 5 were also greeted with enthusiasm. I am rather burned out on change for change sake and as most know I believe Manny deserved one more year except the pressure to fire him neutered his recruiting.

Now the positives. Mario is a solid if not great coach. He has access to more assistants via the found money for the u. It looks like some of his Oregon recruits could come here. Diaz left him a sound foundation at many positions, especially QB. I am sad for Manny but happy for the U and thank Herbie for his pressure to get the U to invest more into our programs. I am anxious to see how the team responds and how the administration plays out as far as football AND baseball. The future looks bright and I am as excited as other fans yet pray that Manny finds a good position as he is a good man, just unlucky in close games, those 4th and longs killed him.

Oh, I enjoyed my vacation and when banned you cannot even read the board so got some real R&R, now lets all agree that we have a new regime and pray they gather some great recruits and win, win, win! IT'S GREAT TO BE A MIAMI HURRICANE!
Welcome back, Fraggle!!!!!!

DB63B8B7-0A5F-4BCB-8F5F-4075ACEE6624.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back