I hope JT doesn't think he can leave early

Red flags continue to anound with this young man.

I want to see this kid become CFB's #1 WR and #1 NFL draft pick.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't finish out with Miami before he enters the draft.
Yes, exactly. I sincerely hope he gets his head around what he needs to do to become the player he can be. Problem is how many times have we seen potential that never gets realized?

Advertisement
I already tried explaining this him and others about a month ago. All I heard was how "elite" he was. He's not even close right now. He has elite athleticism, and COULD put it all together, but other than a few games in his career he hasn't done much more than disappear. Not to mention seeming to be incredibly immature. He's not going anywhere but back to Miami for his Senior season.
in fairness, the amount of times this kid has gotten open and not received the ball the last couple seaons has to be frustrating.

But it was the UF game.. I know what you wrote, you made it sound like it's just another game, no it was our biggest game of the year, by far.
Dude, do you know any football? biggest game of the year? Yeah its a rivalry game but the biggest game of the year no freaking waayyy! its non-conference, this lost wont have any meaning or significance if miami is able to win out and play for the ACC if we can make it there. the only significance right now is PRIDE! but being the most important or biggest game pleaaaseee?

Red flags continue to anound with this young man.

I want to see this kid become CFB's #1 WR and #1 NFL draft pick.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't finish out with Miami before he enters the draft.
Keep the awesome posts coming cupcake

Advertisement
Seriously. With the amount of question marks behind his attitude, commitment, and effort I wouldn't be surprised if he went the way of Willis. And unlike Willis, I don't think he's shown the mental fortitude to grind it out and make it at the next level. Willis came on and got his **** together. He came back after some missteps and actually dominated and made plays, not **** up like Jeff did twice in that game after the highly publicised drama last year. It also seems like he doesn't give every play his 100%.

Overall most disappointed in him more than anything. He needs to get his **** together, and stay another year to show he can stick with it and grow as a player rather than relying on raw talent alone or the NFL gonna chew him up and spit him out. He can be an all time great, or he can be the greatest "what if". His choice.

***** it’s one game..stfu

Yes, exactly. I sincerely hope he gets his head around what he needs to do to become the player he can be. Problem is how many times have we seen potential that never gets realized?
Have you seen the QBs he’s played with and the offense he was a apart of the last two years?

Big players make big plays in big games. The muff and dropped TD were uncharacteristic. We should've went to him earlier and more often. C'mon Enos.
That's exactly what I was going to say. Stop with the it was a difficult catch. Stop with he was open other times. Sometimes you get one opportunity and you have to seize it.

He catches that td that is one he uses for the draft. Now it's a film Henderson gets to use to get him drafted high.

That's life.

Advertisement
Dude, do you know any football? biggest game of the year? Yeah its a rivalry game but the biggest game of the year no freaking waayyy! its non-conference, this lost wont have any meaning or significance if miami is able to win out and play for the ACC if we can make it there. the only significance right now is PRIDE! but being the most important or biggest game pleaaaseee?
LMAO, ok Kid!

My overall point is he probably leaves no matter how he does this year, when he should be staying no matter how he does.

He's flashed big time no one is denying that, but he's terribly inconsistent. He's had great games but lol if you think NFL teams are gonna look at his track record of quitting on his team, having attitude, or takings reps off lightly. If those are the habits you have good luck, it's not going to get any easier. Oh, he's frusterated with the coaching or play calls? Tough ****, you're not gonna have either of those be perfect at the next level either.

Advertisement
Have you seen the QBs he’s played with and the offense he was a apart of the last two years?
Yes, but what part of any of that involves catching a punt?

The drop in the end zone is all too reminiscent of all the drops of last year, but that punt was the most basic of catches.

The scoreboard doesn't handicap for last year's bad coaching.

Seriously. With the amount of question marks behind his attitude, commitment, and effort I wouldn't be surprised if he went the way of Willis. And unlike Willis, I don't think he's shown the mental fortitude to grind it out and make it at the next level. Willis came on and got his **** together. He came back after some missteps and actually dominated and made plays, not **** up like Jeff did twice in that game after the highly publicised drama last year. It also seems like he doesn't give every play his 100%.

Overall most disappointed in him more than anything. He needs to get his **** together, and stay another year to show he can stick with it and grow as a player rather than relying on raw talent alone or the NFL gonna chew him up and spit him out. He can be an all time great, or he can be the greatest "what if". His choice.
I don't get this at all. Kid made one bad play and now he isn't ready? He has glue for hands and has made crazy catches over the years. The play to make those guys miss yesterday was amazing at a key time. I know he is a time bomb but I didn't see anything wrong with his attitude during that game. Are you hearing otherwise.

Advertisement
One game doesn’t determine anyone’s draft status. Plus, there are several teams are driven on selecting kids based on potential. That’s that a part of the fabric of recruitment and evaluation. I can most certainly bet he is heavily woven back into the game plan and goes OFF for the rest of season play. Hopefully, his play will make us forget this plunder and get us all W’s the rest of the way. After that, HE GONE. 💨

Yes, but what part of any of that involves catching a punt?

The drop in the end zone is all too reminiscent of all the drops of last year, but that punt was the most basic of catches.

The scoreboard doesn't handicap for last year's bad coaching.
It involves nothing with the punt. I’m not disagreeing that the muff was bad because it was really bad and took all momentum away from us and screwed us out of 7 points.

Thomas dropped like 1 ball last year and muffed a punt at Ga Tech. He’s pretty sure handed but makes me nervous on punts. That’s why you always appreciate Berrios. For the 800th time, that play in the endzone was extremely difficult and not many guys make that catch.

Advertisement
Back