I hope JT doesn't think he can leave early

Y'all need to chill, He made mistakes it happens. It ******* sucks it was against UF, I do wonder if we win this game if he is in Illinois tho.

Also this board needs to take off the Canes colored glasses and realize he's not THAT guy atm, he's good, but miss me with he could be one of the greatest. People crying about the "drop" in the endzone are victims of thinking he is THAT good right now. He is a fast guy that can create separation and is explosive with the ball on his hands, he can even make some amazing catches from time to time, but he's inconsistent at his point in his career.
He is more Brandin Cooks than AB, also that catch was VERY though to make, I don't expect him to be able to make many of those.

Advertisement
It involves nothing with the punt. I’m not disagreeing that the muff was bad because it was really bad and took all momentum away from us and screwed us out of 7 points.

Thomas dropped like 1 ball last year and muffed a punt at Ga Tech. He’s pretty sure handed but makes me nervous on punts. That’s why you always appreciate Berrios. For the 800th time, that play in the endzone was extremely difficult and not many guys make that catch.
I agree that it was a tough catch. The problem is that muffed punt amplifies every other mistake.

I like JT. I think he's got a huge upside and I'd love for him to break records here. I'm just ****ed right now so he needs to redeem himself.

Y'all need to chill, He made mistakes it happens. It ******* sucks it was against UF, I do wonder if we win this game if he is in Illinois tho.

Also this board needs to take off the Canes colored glasses and realize he's not THAT guy atm, he's good, but miss me with he could be one of the greatest. People crying about the "drop" in the endzone are victims of thinking he is THAT good right now. He is a fast guy that can create separation and is explosive with the ball on his hands, he can even make some amazing catches from time to time, but he's inconsistent at his point in his career.
He is more Brandin Cooks than AB, also that catch was VERY though to make, I don't expect him to be able to make many of those.

Totally agree, he is not that guy. Yet his past actions and attitude make it clear he thinks he is. That's what this post is about, not a single dropped punt as bad as it was, or dropped catch that a big time player would make.

He has the talent to be that big time player, but he has *a lot* to put together still. I just wish he would do that here by working another year and going round 1, instead of deluding himself that he's too good for us and will somehow be better off jumping to even stiffer competition when he's quit multiple times at much lower levels.

Advertisement
I agree that it was a tough catch. The problem is that muffed punt amplifies every other mistake.

I like JT. I think he's got a huge upside and I'd love for him to break records here. I'm just ****ed right now so he needs to redeem himself.
I agree completely. He’s been sure handed since high school so to see that muffed punt was very disappointing. I’m more ****ed Enos didn’t involve him more. Screens jet sweeps reverses anything. 10 touches my ***. It’s pretty much a first down and more on any of those plays to him.

Totally agree, he is not that guy. Yet his past actions and attitude make it clear he thinks he is. That's what this post is about, not a single dropped punt as bad as it was, or dropped catch that a big time player would make.

He has the talent to be that big time player, but he has *a lot* to put together still. I just wish he would do that here by working another year and going round 1, instead of deluding himself that he's too good for us and will somehow be better off jumping to even stiffer competition when he's quit multiple times at much lower levels.
I disagree with the bold txt for 2 reasons:
1- Unless he is legendary over the next two years he won't go round 1 with his past actions;
2- I don't think he wants to play CFB for another year, IMO this played a major role on him staying at UM, the big money is in that second NFL contract anyway

The rest I think we see eye to eye, I just see some people over here saying he is on a ELITE level, and I just don't see that right now, I do see the potential, but there's a world apart from potential and being elite.

Advertisement
Advertisement
While Jeff caught most of the punts last year he did bobble quite a few. Looks like he took those near misses as a sign he had it under control rather than a sign his hands are not yet reliable. I miss Brax.

I disagree with the bold txt for 2 reasons:
1- Unless he is legendary over the next two years he won't go round 1 with his past actions;
2- I don't think he wants to play CFB for another year, IMO this played a major role on him staying at UM, the big money is in that second NFL contract anyway

The rest I think we see eye to eye, I just see some people over here saying he is on a ELITE level, and I just don't see that right now, I do see the potential, but there's a world apart from potential and being elite.

Fair enough. Round 1 not on the table let's assume, coming back and having solid drama free production for another year could make the difference between round 3-4 and undrafted imo.

Advertisement
Another dropped TD. Sulking all over the place. Looking more and more undrafted or picked up laaaate.

Advertisement
Back