I have been wrong about our closes in the past, BUT...

OP is always wrong so this thread does not make me feel good at all

QP extrudes other men's ***** when he farts.

Lookin got more and more wrong by the day

gzmyBsj.gif

Advertisement
If we close:
Mcfarland
Dean
Thomas
Henderson
Herbert

The class moves up to a B-

If we also get:
Smith
Edwards

Class is a B+

Add an unexpected highly regarded DT and we are talking A- territory

You're crazy or expecting waaay too much. If we get all those guys you listed this is how I'd grade our class:

QB: A
RB: A- absolutely need to get McFarland though.
WR: B+ with Thomas, Njoku, Harley and Pouncey. But if we replace Pouncey with Smith its an A
TE: C
OL: A- if we get slaton this is an A to an A+
DE: B+ arguable to be an A-
DT: C hopefully we can get that LSU transfer Logan or whatever his name is.
LB: B+ and losing Wilder wouldn't hurt this grade all that much.
CB: A- just with Dean, Bandy, and Henderson. If we get Edwards it stays A- or raises to an A
S: C+, Edwards may play safety if needed so he could technically raise this grade a bit.

So this is at least a B+ class no matter how you look at it.

If we finish like I suspect ( Dean , Thomas , Smith , Mcfarland , Edwards , Henderson and maybe another one of those OL guys ) it has be an A+ . I mean that is a top 4-8 class for sure and the best UM has had in a long time .

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hardwork and tenacity usually always prevails. Richt and Co. have absolutely grinded since the dead period. If they can finish this class with an amazing close, then they deserve all the credit in the world. With that being said, I agree with OP and think they will.

If we close:
Mcfarland
Dean
Thomas
Henderson
Herbert

If we also get:
Smith
Edwards

Class is a B+

You're crazy or expecting waaay too much. If we get all those guys you listed this is how I'd grade our class:

WR: B+ with Thomas, Njoku, Harley and Pouncey. But if we replace Pouncey with Smith its an A
CB: A- just with Dean, Bandy, and Henderson. If we get Edwards it stays A- or raises to an A
S: C+, Edwards may play safety if needed so he could technically raise this grade a bit.

You just gave a class 3 c's out of 10 position groups. That is out of the discussion for an A class.
With Mcfagland out that makes 4 position groups. B is now the ceiling.

If we close:
Mcfarland
Dean
Thomas
Henderson
Herbert

If we also get:
Smith
Edwards

Class is a B+

You just gave a class 3 c's out of 10 position groups. That is out of the discussion for an A class.

Sure you can look at is like that and just say no matter what we can't get an A. But you also need to know what is important. And the most important thing this class was QB and OL by far and We loaded the **** up there.
Safety I said you can also list Edwards there, which would raise this grade to a B. But even if he doesn't I expect Carter to be a starter at some point this season. TE isn't too important so only getting Polendey is fine. McFarland is a very good talent, but RB is the 2nd least important position for us to recruit this yr (only LB was less), and Deejay can fill in there if needed.
Honestly the thing I like least about this class is that we only get 1 DT. That is the only real fail in this recruiting class. But even then if we get that LSU transfer who has 3yrs of eligibility left, I'm fine with this.

The most important thing is we got beasts on the OL and 2 QBs who could be our future. Outweighs mcfarland by a mile.

Advertisement
If we close:
Mcfarland
Dean
Thomas
Henderson
Herbert

If we also get:
Smith
Edwards

Class is a B+

using a 4.0 grading scale (GPA Scale) class came out to a solid B (3.1) if you drop RB down to say a C+ its a 2.99 which is still right about the solid B range.

If we close:
Mcfarland
Dean
Thomas
Henderson
Herbert

If we also get:
Smith
Edwards

Class is a B+

DE is an A+..other then that you're pretty dead on.

I expect to be quite happy overall but there's sure to be a tough pill or two to swallow.

When Herbert, Edwards, Slaton, Henderson all sign with UF we'll all be wondering wtf is going on down here locally.

But closing with McFarland, Thomas, Dean, Harley will make things seem just fine.

ROADKILL strikes again!

Advertisement
If we close:
Mcfarland
Dean
Thomas
Henderson
Herbert

If we also get:
Smith
Edwards

Class is a B+

using a 4.0 grading scale (GPA Scale) class came out to a solid B (3.1) if you drop RB down to say a C+ its a 2.99 which is still right about the solid B range.

yes, But also you probably are using the same credits in this calculation(3?), when in fact the more valuable/needed positions like Qb and OL deserve more (4 or 5), and positions like RB and TE deserve less(2).
And since we did well at the 3 positions we needed most (QB, OL, DB) and did worst at 2/3 of the positions we needed least (RB, TE) it would raise our GPA.

If we close:
Mcfarland
Dean
Thomas
Henderson
Herbert

If we also get:
Smith
Edwards

Class is a B+

yes, But also you probably are using the same credits in this calculation(3?), when in fact the more valuable/needed positions like Qb and OL deserve more (4 or 5), and positions like RB and TE deserve less(2).
And since we did well at the 3 positions we needed most (QB, OL, DB) and did worst at 2/3 of the positions we needed least (RB, TE) it would raise our GPA.

i don't feel like going that deep into it right now but that's a fair point

i don't feel like going that deep into it right now but that's a fair point

haha thats why I didn't do it in the first place.

Advertisement
Back