I have a feeling Enos is Whipple

Status
Not open for further replies.
If enos was like wipple saban wouldn't of had him on his staff.wherever enos has coached his offenses have produced.

Advertisement
I just have to say that I don't get the comparison, but whatever.

I swear though, some of you do realize this is the Canes we're talking about? I know, we've been down for a while and we've gotta start somewhere, but some of the comments on this thread are disturbing or just an attempt to deflect that it was a somewhat uninspiring hire.

I don't just want an average OC. I don't want someone who is just going to get us to 10 wins. I want a return to greatness. I want a top 10 offense. We are smack dab in the middle of the richest talent producing area for offensive players in the entire country.

I will give him time, but there is no reason him or anyone else shouldn't be able to produce some serious results. Our expectations should never be as low as they are for some apparently.
You don't need a Bill Walsh to be a Successful OC at UM with the talent we have/had....A decent OC and we should Win 9-10 games in the Coastal....A Good to Great OC and your talking 10-12 Wins...

All we need is an offense in the top 30...

Again, take a look at the Offense in the Richt era, fckin horrendous even in 2017. The Defense carries this team, our problem has been the Offense doesn't pull it's own weight & in 2017 where they were halfway decent in a few games we railroaded teams.

We've never really had elite offensive scheme, we always won games due to just flat out having better players, but now the playing field is even & the game has modernized to where you can manufacture offensive productivity at high level without having a roster full of 4/5-star players.

The Offense just needs to gives us 30+ a game, sustain some long drives converting 3rd downs & not handicap the Defense. We're not asking for Oklahoma, Oh St, TTech type production, just don't ruin the game with 3 & outs and don't turn the ball the over.

We were 105th overall in Total Offense, 108th in passing, 41st in rushing, 105th in yards per game, 94th in total yards & 63rd in points. Enos doesn't have to be an elite OC for us to win games, just literally be better than 105th, 108th, 94th & 63rd & we'll win a lot more.

Just go rewatch the games from last year, it's takes real hard work to be that bad on Offense, if we manage to get top 30 in any of those categories we win 10+ games in year 1.

Advertisement
I am taking the wait and see approach from this point on. No way will I fall for coach speak again, no matter who that coach is. I didn't like the Enos hire initially, but as others have said, he just needs to be competent. I wanted explosive, creative, etc. Now, he might be that. I will wait and see. We might get competent, with some explosive on the side. I can live with that. What I can not live with is complete ineptitude, like we have seen recently.

In my opinion it is a little dangerous to simply settle for better than the last guy. Lord knows, several of us on this board would have been an improvement over the last guy. We need a real improvement. Here's hoping for the best.

Just caught this thread.

Sincere apologies I’m late with this, please forgive me.

I thought Whipple was okay until Shannon crippled his offense. Wasn't "pro style" enough for him for some reason.

Look, I WANT to believe....I truly do. I’m a hopeful, I’m probably the biggest homer on the board, and I’m as irrational of fan as anyone when it comes to my fandom but what exactly has Enos shown to be looked upon as the God-King Xerxes of offensive playcalling

One year as OC at Arkansas and 1 year as QB coach at Alabama is a small sample size at this level, and it’s not as if his offense at Arkansas was some juggernaut. I think he could be Mark Whipple at best. That’s not awful, but it ain’t special.

Prove me wrong, Enos. I beg you.
Based on your posting record, I can confidently state that this is complete and utter bullsh*t

Advertisement
LOL at this thread and the OP.

FYI, invoking the name of Whipple: after he was fired as HC of UMass, Whipple was hired as the OC of Boston College. We will see him again!

Sabans conversation with himself:

Saban: This Enos Guy, he kinda sucks. I think I should make him my next OC.

Saban: Yes. That will work. Now let’s go bbq orphans, I’m getting hungry.

Saban: But we have thst Hitler youth rally you have to attend. You’re the keynote speaker.

Saban: Dont you tell me what to do.
airplane.gif

Just imagine the difference if he can make the offense get 3 successful 1st downs after a kickoff. No more 3 and outs from within our own 20 followed by a 30 yard punt.
Just an average offense will dramatically improve this team.

.... and an average punt. I am hearing VERY good things about Louis. Dont want to over react but hearing his leg and placement is impressing everyone. Keeping my cool until Aug 24th for the offense and punting.

All I know for sure our tightends gonna eat well, our two young studs at tightends just as talented as the two he had at Arkansas, probably better...

Advertisement
Look, I WANT to believe....I truly do. I’m a hopeful, I’m probably the biggest homer on the board, and I’m as irrational of fan as anyone when it comes to my fandom but what exactly has Enos shown to be looked upon as the God-King Xerxes of offensive playcalling

One year as OC at Arkansas and 1 year as QB coach at Alabama is a small sample size at this level, and it’s not as if his offense at Arkansas was some juggernaut. I think he could be Mark Whipple at best. That’s not awful, but it ain’t special.

Schooooooooooools out, for,ever!

Advertisement

OMG 😲

Enos’s Heavy play action game will work wonders for us.

The multiple formations will keep defenses guessing.

There will be jet sweeps and reverses.

He will attack the entire field and use the tight end mismatch to the fullest.

The qb will almost always have an easy throw to go to when things get hairy. Won’t be much 4 certain with no checkdown.

He will throw to the backs.

He will move the pocket.I don’t believe Enos will hang the o line out to dry.

One thing that impressed me most was he scored 30 on #1 Bama while his offense was COMPLETELY DOMINATED at the line of scrimmage. Bama DESTROYED his offensive line physically, but his playcalling and qb development got them yards and points even though they were wholly overmatched.

The offense WILL be respectable this year. You can bet your bottom dollar on that. By the end of the year, I think we will be explosive.
You the TrueCane from CS?

Saban isn’t known for his Offense’s. Not sure why you would use him as your argument. Now, his Defense? That’s another story.

Imo Saban is known for sparing no expense and yawning at what anyone says about controversial hires.

All he does is hire the best possible coach who at that moment maximizes his chances of winning with whatever he has on his roster.

He went from a street brawl with a QB who couldn’t throw then opened it wide open when he got Tua.

No Enos is not going to be the OC everyone is hyping up to be but it's not bc of his skill, it's bc of his scheme. A team like Miami should run a true spread, no huddle offense. South Florida produces a lot of elite skill position guys (the spread maximizes their impact) and the position that Sout Florida produces the least elite talent at is OL (the spread minimizes their impact). It's only logic that we run a spread.

Regardless, Enos will look like an offensive genius bc of how horrible the offense was last year. He is going to be good enough to win us the coastal. Miami will never maximize its potential on offense until we run a offense that best suits the recruites that normally make up 80% of each class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back