I hate to be that guy, but...

It seems from reading the board lately that people are finally beginning to realize what I’ve been screaming in this thread. Our administration has been cashing checks to keep us mediocre. Bring in a greenhorn or has been....give fans hope....greenhorn/“has been” begins losing because of seemingly simple fixes....(GREENHORN/“HAS BEEN GETS EXTENDED PREMATURELY)...greenhorn/“has been” REFUSES to make necessary changes (stubborn). Greenhorn/“has been” makes no changes- keeps losing.....fans lose their collective ****, stop attending games....program begins losing revenue....STILL NO CHANGES BY THE ADMINISTRATION...fans become COMPLETELY toxic and begin embarrassing the program by flying banners, etc.. Administration Finally cuts ties...administration brings in a new greenhorn/“has been”....give fans hope....FML!!!!!!

Advertisement
It’s like the Illuminati. The **** is right in our faces, hiding in plain sight!!!!!
i have posted several times that when a HC is ignoring OBVIOUS problems and not doing a **** thing to even begin to fix them or find a solution, then the logical conclusion is that this is being done ON PURPOSE !

I mean we hired 4 terrible coaches in a row and let them hang around for way to long. Look at Florida. They canned macelwain the first season he started ******** up.

Coker was a bad hire, but I understand where they were coming from by promoting an inside guy since the team was rolling and they didn't want to rock the boat to much.

Shannon was dumb because we just saw the exact same thing fail with coker, but at least he was cheap. Also, I am sure most people thought a black HC from the inner city would be able to just stack blue chip recruits from Miami and we saw Coker win a ship with that model even though he sucked as a coach.

Golden was dumb. Never hire a G5 coach after only 1 pretty good season. However, atleast they didn't make the same mistake as the last 2 hires and Golden was a cheap hire to just get us through the sanctions and he was cheap.

The Richt hire was mindbogglingly dumb. We hired a terrible coach that just got fired for performance reasons and we made him one of the top 20 highest paid coaches in the nation.

Hi! By what metric exactly do you use to substantiate your claim that at the time we hired CMR...."We hired a terrible coach".

Advertisement
Hi! By what metric exactly do you use to substantiate your claim that at the time we hired CMR...."We hired a terrible coach".

This was my thinking at the time.

Mark Richt had 0 instate competition for recruits in the 4th best recruiting ground in the nation. He had the 2nd best boosters/bag droppers in the nation. He had basically unlimited money for assistant coaches. His AD acted as a second head coach and did the dirty work Richt refused to do such as firing under performing coaches and taking Richt off play calling duties. With all of these advantages he still found a way to lose to ATLEAST 1 less talented team every single year and in most 11 of those seasons he lost to 2-3+ less talented teams. That alone made me very upset that we were hiring him. Even absolute trash coaches could average 3 losses a year with those advantages. That alone made me furious when I heard we were hiring him.

Then I find out he is bringing his inexperience son to coach the most important position. I find out he is going to be calling plays and not hire an OC. I found out he was thinking about retiring prior to accepting the Miami job. At this point I knew we where going to be absolutely fvcked with Richt at the helm.

The problem is every other school knows what the blueprint is for a successful coach. That's why Tom Herman and Jim Harbaugh held out for more and more money. That's why the schools poaching Temple are GT, BC, Baylor and...us. Because we don't have a deep pocket fan base.

Advertisement
Back