I guess it's not Miami fan's fault ...

Advertisement
Harbaugh says a lot of wacky stuff. He's the same guy who went on a rant about jive turkey gobblers and uttered the indelible phrase "gobble gobble turkey".

He's also getting $6m per year. Pay C A G more, and he'll win more too. You get what you pay for.

Harbaugh says a lot of wacky stuff. He's the same guy who went on a rant about jive turkey gobblers and uttered the indelible phrase "gobble gobble turkey".

He's also getting $6m per year. Pay C A G more, and he'll win more too. You get what you pay for.

There can be no doubt that C A G would coach like Harbaugh if he was paid like Harbaugh. C A G is simply holding back because he feels he's underpaid.

Advertisement
So you think Harbaugh and the Michigan administration are gonna listen to a bunch of "porsters" on fan message boards?
They listen to their big donors, just like Miami does.

ummmmmmmmmm, i believe it was the fans who went down to the AD office to put an ultimatum in front of his doorstep. so yeah, i do believe they listen.

There can be no doubt that C A G would coach like Harbaugh if he was paid like Harbaugh. C A G is simply holding back because he feels he's underpaid.

It's one of those deals where people grow into what you tell them they can be. UM is telling C A G that he's a $2.3M/year HC, which puts him in the bottom half of D1 HCs. As a result, that's what C A G has become. It's like a anything else, dear friend. If you repeatedly tell a kid he can do something he starts to believe it. If you tell a HC that you think he's bottom tier, then that's what you'll get from him.

UM will never get back to where we belong until they pay C A G top dollar. Pay him like a top 5 coach, and you'll get top 5 results. Look at the highest paid HCs in college football. It's no coincidence that they're the same guys fielding top ranked teams every year.

This boards desire to gobble up negativity reminds me of the fox news crowd. The fickle is skrong.

This boards desire to gobble up negativity reminds me of the fox news crowd. The fickle is skrong.

I think we all saw what happened when Fickell was at the helm at OSU. He is in the right place as a co defensive coordinator and should probably not be considered a serious candidate at this point in his career.

Advertisement

And tools like this with a desire to artificially create a sense of positivity despite a decade plus of program mismanagement and incompetence just further proves that there are still several losers hovering this fanbase that have no intention to root for the return of this program to greatness.

this thread is confusing having expectations and demanding excellence, which we should at Miami, versus acting like a 5 year old, which many of you have.

It's one of those deals where people grow into what you tell them they can be. UM is telling C A G that he's a $2.3M/year HC, which puts him in the bottom half of D1 HCs. As a result, that's what C A G has become. It's like a anything else, dear friend. If you repeatedly tell a kid he can do something he starts to believe it. If you tell a HC that you think he's bottom tier, then that's what you'll get from him.

UM will never get back to where we belong until they pay C A G top dollar. Pay him like a top 5 coach, and you'll get top 5 results. Look at the highest paid HCs in college football. It's no coincidence that they're the same guys fielding top ranked teams every year.

I can pay five million for a '74 Pinto, but I promise you, it won't hit a hundred, nor corner like a Ferrari.

No matter how I brag on it.

Advertisement
According to Jim Harbaugh, "fans have a constitutional right to expect success and have high expectations."

UM Coach Jim Harbaugh on expectations: "Fans have a constitutional right to expect success and have high expectations."

Somebody get that information to Dr. Frenk, AD James, and anybody else blaming vocal fans for not accepting the continued mediocrity of the football program.

https://twitter.com/ScottDochterman/status/588751098875248640

Every one on here would agree with that statement... "Fans have a constitutional right to expect success and have high expectations." but sometimes on this site fans take that up 10 notches... to the point of cutting off a nose to spite a face...

According to Jim Harbaugh, "fans have a constitutional right to expect success and have high expectations."

UM Coach Jim Harbaugh on expectations: "Fans have a constitutional right to expect success and have high expectations."

Somebody get that information to Dr. Frenk, AD James, and anybody else blaming vocal fans for not accepting the continued mediocrity of the football program.

And I HATE....HATE (a strong word I know), but I HATE when the refer to the University of Michigan as UM.... I swear they do that **** to ****es me off...

I can pay five million for a '74 Pinto, but I promise you, it won't hit a hundred, nor corner like a Ferrari.

No matter how I brag on it.

From your wonderful analogy, I now understand that cars and people respond very similarly based on how you talk to them and treat them emotionally, dear friend. I appreciate you teaching me that.

Advertisement

Every one on here would agree with that statement... "Fans have a constitutional right to expect success and have high expectations." but sometimes on this site fans take that up 10 notches... to the point of cutting off a nose to spite a face...

And the majority of us would further agree that sometimes *** kissing apologist take the opposite stance up about 47 notches...the point where they seem oblivious to the decade of incompetence which has sunk this ship to the depths where we presently reside.

And the majority of us would further agree that sometimes *** kissing apologist take the opposite stance up about 47 notches...the point where they seem oblivious to the decade of incompetence which has sunk this ship to the depths where we presently reside.

The apologists, Gorldenites, slurpers, sunshine pumpers, and pole smokers are the reason our admin never gives a puck. Anytime anyone with any common sense brings that up the aforementioned ****** and odd folk seem to crawl outta the woodwork like bedbugs.

The apologists, Gorldenites, slurpers, sunshine pumpers, and pole smokers are the reason our admin never gives a puck. Anytime anyone with any common sense brings that up the aforementioned ****** and odd folk seem to crawl outta the woodwork like bedbugs.
Anybody on this site that thinks they can influence the admin, bots or coaching staff is a dumb puck.. I APOLOGIZE if anyone is offended... 5 years is a long time for a medicore program .. everybody wants better for UM football.. a new pres is not going to fire nobody on his arrival..Golden is the coach for another year the end. If he wins this season he will live out his contract... I'm a Hurricane fan so I support [not necessarily agree with] all things Hurricane.. if i wasn't.. i **** sure wouldn't frequent a Hurricane fan site crying like a MITCH about **** I can't change... I would find something else to do with my time..by the way... I'm not the droid U wanna puck with...

I hope you don't attend an investors meeting and propose paying a CEO $2 Mil more for a corporation he's leading that is greatly under performing. Especially under the premise that if paid better he and the stock will perform better. That is as asinine as trickle down economics! Neither of these principles or theories ever appeared in any of my undergrad or MBA classes, text or research. Talk about wacky! Dude Golden couldn't see the ocean if he was standing on the beach.

Advertisement
Back