I Don't Want To Be Left Out -- TVD

Advertisement
Our staring field position today was as good as you’ll ever see for a team and we had three points at the half. Terrible decisions by the qb and very vanilla play calling. We’re also starting to get very tight with the formations again. The Mario effect has made Dawsons offense look unrecognizable.
I'd say Tyler's audible selections factor pretty high into that as well...

Unacceptable.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. in defending his substandard play.

He's [TVD] a paid professional now and life is harsh.

I guess there's no way to win here. When he says something critical the common theme is he's throwing everyone under the bus and won't take accountability himself. When he takes accountability for players that are playing like **** he's not holding them accountable... Did I get that right?

Since everyone else has a hot take on TVD climbing Suck Balls Mountain, I felt like I was falling behind.

I think he's lost it. He's gone mental. He locks onto X. He doesn't look at other open receivers. Plays golf too much.

His mother dresses him funny.

What do you guys think, I don't know really.

Ok.
There’s that famous knuckleball!

Advertisement
Any DC with half a brain is going to tell his DB just watch the QB when he first drops back.

75% he’ll probably look to, and go to X. Double him quick.. other times guys just rush over help on the coverage if your near.. cause you have a great chance to pick it off.

I’m legit scared of what FSwho is going to do to this dude.
That’s why Emory needs as many reps as possible before then

I'd say Tyler's audible selections factor pretty high into that as well...
90 percent of my posts has been ripping Tvd but there’s also other issues staring us in the face. Like looking like **** on both sides of the ball after a big win. The showed up flat and asleep. We still can’t handle success. We also show up looking like **** after bye weeks. That’s all coaching. There’s pros like they haven‘t quit like previous years but the next step is being smarter , showing up every week and consistency.

I guess there's no way to win here. When he says something critical the common theme is he's throwing everyone under the bus and won't take accountability himself. When he takes accountability for players that are playing like **** he's not holding them accountable... Did I get that right?
Not quite....

With TVD or any other very senior member of the squad, we shouldn't be hearing repeatedly "bad game", "coach him better", etc.

Something isn't right.

Unacceptable.

If a coach comes out and tells you the truth it’s “ what a scum bag , he threw the players under the bus“. If he says this then it’s “no accountability“. He said everything he should’ve said. They all need to be better. That’s what your coach says publicly then what he says in private stays in private.

Advertisement
I get the frustration , TVD played poorly but what do you expect Mario to say ? And realistically you aren’t benching him for Emory . Whatever funk he’s in, we have to do whatever we can to break it before fsu.

Formations has nothing to do with that. It’s all straight drop backs now or runs with no creativity from tight formations. Tvd has always been more comfortable in 11 personnel. That’s no secret.
What do you think? Is there a specific reason for the lack of creativity? Is it just Dawson keeps a vanilla offense? Or is it TVD missing something?

90 percent of my posts has been ripping Tvd but there’s also other issues staring us in the face. Like looking like **** on both sides of the ball after a big win. The showed up flat and asleep. We still can’t handle success. We also show up looking like **** after bye weeks. That’s all coaching. There’s pros like they haven‘t quit like previous years but the next step is being smarter , showing up every week and consistency.
eh. this team lost by 14 to mtsu, 24 to duke, 40 to fsu and 30 to clemson last year. im not mad at 6-2 with squeaker wins.

tyler deserves blame. defense held to 23 points. average game scoring is 27.5. they did enough to win.

Advertisement
Since everyone else has a hot take on TVD climbing Suck Balls Mountain, I felt like I was falling behind.

I think he's lost it. He's gone mental. He locks onto X. He doesn't look at other open receivers. Plays golf too much.

His mother dresses him funny.

What do you guys think, I don't know really.

Ok.
Welcome to catching on hes been doing it for years he got exploited by that mid Tennessee team last year . Everyone made excuses because he got hurt . Few of us who called out the obvious was called a few names . He is a back up at best

unfortunately we don’t have access to all 22. Just bad qb and gameplan on offense. Teams will continue to sit in zone and bracket X. We haven’t exploited outside matchups. We’re letting defenses dictate how we play offense.

Advertisement
Unacceptable.

I don't know WHO in HADES is speaking to the team before taking the field - or what preparations and rituals they go through before taking the field - but that dumb SOB in charge of that - needs to be run off with torches and pitch forks.

I've never seen a team so consistently flat - and acting like they were expecting someone to roll a soccer ball out instead of a football, left wondering why they all carried bats.

TVD - I appreciate what he's done - he's won us some games for sure. I don't know if he's bored to death with football, I don't know if he's feeling so elevated - everything/everyone is below his level - I don't know if he's taking horse tranquilizer before games, and I don't know if he "knows" the plays so well - he just limits himself to just go through the motions - and not be fighting like **** to get downfield.

I rather have a freshman that has fight in him - than a 5th year senior who plays flat, doesn't use due diligence at his position, and has a dour disposition the entire time.

If he's that bored, that miserable - and that repetitive - call yourself injured and wait for the NFL tryouts.

I'm tired of this ****.

What do you think? Is there a specific reason for the lack of creativity? Is it just Dawson keeps a vanilla offense? Or is it TVD missing something?

Fire.

I haven't seen any fire in him since way back when who flung the chunk!

A "decent" QB with lots of fire, determination, and encouraging his team mates - all other things being equal - will beat a flat, isolated, dour SOB no matter how strong his arm may be - or how well he knows the playbook.

There are sandlot QB's that can do better than what we saw today.

I wasn't calling u out on that Incase it came across that way. I agree to an extent about coming out flat etc and that being on coaches. But when a team matures they don't count on coaching to keep from coming out flat. That's the reason we have a leadership committee. Yes without question preparation is all on coaches. Today for me besides Tyler looking like **** out biggest issues should've been corrected through coaching. On defense 12 KEPT losing containment. He'd dive inside over and over and it wasn't designed stunts because our lbers would be right there with him. So we'd lose the edge and they'd constantly run counters or rpo. That should've been corrected on defense. Far as offense goes we can both see with correction/criticism for locking on x Tyler is in a SERIOUS funk. He's lost his confidence and it'll take running some very safe isolated routes to possibly get him back in a groove. Cause right now I'd say NC State,poo & Louisville all take us down with 2 of the 3 getting UGLY. We gotta figure something out asap. That's all I know.

Advertisement
Back