I don't like how Kaaya pats the ball.

Ryan Williams should be starting because Kaaya isn't ready. 9 INT's through the soft part of the schedule already, 6 of which have come on the road in key situations. And this is with a healthy Duke Johnson. It'll be interesting to see how he plays against Va Tech and FSU.

I know he's our future, but he's just not ready yet.

and this whole defense isn't ready to compete, so why would u delay the inevitable. why not give kaaya, who has a future here unlike williams, the experience and games under his belt to be a star next year (he's on his way to that and if ur going by stats then ur really not looking at him throughout the game). kaaya has been good for a true freshman without a D and incompetent coaching. does he make mistakes? sure he does bc he's a true freshman and this is what what we all wanted in the summer. we can live with the mistakes as long as he shows promise and he does show that.

Advertisement
No complaining about Kaaya remember this is what everyone wanted....so your gonna have to live with true freshman mistakes.

No, since Baby Jesus became a false savior we now have the right to expect the Second Coming to be perfect as a true freshman.

Jameis Winston hasn't lost a game yet. How was his performance as a true freshman?

When you have a capable senior at QB, you play him and let the true freshman redshirt. Kaaya has exceeded our expectations as a "true freshman", but he hasn't exceeded our expectations as a University of Miami quarterback.

Ryan Williams should be starting because Kaaya isn't ready. 9 INT's through the soft part of the schedule already, 6 of which have come on the road in key situations. And this is with a healthy Duke Johnson. It'll be interesting to see how he plays against Va Tech and FSU.

and this whole defense isn't ready to compete, so why would u delay the inevitable. why not give kaaya, who has a future here unlike williams, the experience and games under his belt to be a star next year (he's on his way to that and if ur going by stats then ur really not looking at him throughout the game). kaaya has been good for a true freshman without a D and incompetent coaching. does he make mistakes? sure he does bc he's a true freshman and this is what what we all wanted in the summer. we can live with the mistakes as long as he shows promise and he does show that.

How much experience did Jameis Winston have before he led FSU to an undefeated season?

off topic and didnt want to start a new thread for it but some moron on twitter goes ryan williams should be starting bc he's a senior and he deserves it

That guy on twitter is right. Ryan Williams should be starting because he hurt his knee and is sad over it and making him starter will cheer him up. Ryan Heaps (or whatever his name is ) should be co-starter because he transferred thinking he was going to start and he's disappointed and needs to be cheered up too.

everyone gets a participation trophy at Als Used Car lots

LOL

off topic and didnt want to start a new thread for it but some moron on twitter goes ryan williams should be starting bc he's a senior and he deserves it

That guy on twitter is right. Ryan Williams should be starting because he hurt his knee and is sad over it and making him starter will cheer him up. Ryan Heaps (or whatever his name is ) should be co-starter because he transferred thinking he was going to start and he's disappointed and needs to be cheered up too.

Advertisement
But I haven't seen enough of Williams to see if (and how) he pats the ball....did Ryan Heaps show any patting in pre-season practice?

As long as the kid is patting out there, and not fapping, I'd let it go.

No complaining about Kaaya remember this is what everyone wanted....so your gonna have to live with true freshman mistakes.

No, since Baby Jesus became a false savior we now have the right to expect the Second Coming to be perfect as a true freshman.

Jameis Winston hasn't lost a game yet. How was his performance as a true freshman?

When you have a capable senior at QB, you play him and let the true freshman redshirt. Kaaya has exceeded our expectations as a "true freshman", but he hasn't exceeded our expectations as a University of Miami quarterback.

LOL how do u know ryan williams is even capable? in his mop up duty against USF last year, he showed he can lead this team? EJ was a multiple year starter at FSU and has shown his ability. when u have a top 5 team entering the year like FSU did w EJ then u play the senior qb. when u have what we have entering the year, u go w the future rather than a stop gap.

Last edited:

How much experience did Jameis Winston have before he led FSU to an undefeated season?

Let me serious here for a minute--while I have what they call in the law a lucid interval--and say that the coaches must feel that, despite the inevitable freshman mistakes, that Kaaya has the ability to make good things happen on offense that perhaps Ryan Williams might not. Ryan might be a very solid move-the-chains kind of guy but might not give us the chance for big plays especially the ability to utilize the explosive potential of somebody like Phillip Dorsett. I think Dorsett might be the fastest player in college football this year and I want to see him go deep over and over again. He might be doing that--I don't know--it's hard for me to tell watching on TV. Even if they blanket him deep, it should open up the stuff underneath.

What did Kaaya throw last night--two picks? I'm willing to live with that. I'm a hundred times more concerned with our run defense. That has me puzzled and deeply disturbed--although to paraphrase Ted Hendricks at his HOF induction--I might be deeply disturbed anyway.

LOL how do u know ryan williams is even capable? in his mop up duty against USF last year, he showed he can lead this team? EJ was a multiple year starter at FSU and has shown his ability. when u have a top 5 team entering the year like FSU did w EJ then u play the senior qb. when u have what we have entering the year, u go w the future rather than a stop gap.

No one really "knows". Yes I was impressed with Williams after the USF game, and he was all the rave of spring camp. Has Kaaya showed he can lead the team this year? Kaaya was the better choice over Heaps, but I'm not convinced he is the better choice over Williams.

Advertisement

Let me serious here for a minute--while I have what they call in the law a lucid interval--and say that the coaches must feel that, despite the inevitable freshman mistakes, that Kaaya has the ability to make good things happen on offense that perhaps Ryan Williams might not. Ryan might be a very solid move-the-chains kind of guy but might not give us the chance for big plays especially the ability to utilize the explosive potential of somebody like Phillip Dorsett. I think Dorsett might be the fastest player in college football this year and I want to see him go deep over and over again. He might be doing that--I don't know--it's hard for me to tell watching on TV. Even if they blanket him deep, it should open up the stuff underneath.

What did Kaaya throw last night--two picks? I'm willing to live with that. I'm a hundred times more concerned with our run defense. That has me puzzled and deeply disturbed--although to paraphrase Ted Hendricks at his HOF induction--I might be deeply disturbed anyway.

I'm sorry, and Kaaya DOES utilize the explosive potential of Dorsett? Had him wide open yesterday and underthrew him by 10 yards. I don't think we'll ever really know what Williams looks like in this offense unless Kaaya gets hurt, because they are definitely not going to bench him.

Of course the run defense is far more concerning, but I think that's obvious to everyone. No one is really talking about Kaaya vs. Williams, although I think it's something that should be discussed. We need a guy that "moves the chains" with this kind of defense. Keep them off the field.

I rather run with Kaaya... I dont think he'll get the 30 tds he was on pace to get, I'll say more along the lines of 18 or 19 because we're going to face some tough defenses... However, I think he'sbetter than Williams... Williams has been here for 3 years snd the only reason we heard about him because there was no talent until Kaaya enrolled... If he was what many of you hoped he would have seen the field last year... Kaaya is the man...

I rather run with Kaaya... I dont think he'll get the 30 tds he was on pace to get, I'll say more along the lines of 18 or 19 because we're going to face some tough defenses... However, I think he'sbetter than Williams... Williams has been here for 3 years snd the only reason we heard about him because there was no talent until Kaaya enrolled... If he was what many of you hoped he would have seen the field last year... Kaaya is the man...

At what point do you think Williams would've started over Morris last year? After the Duke game? Because Morris won the next 2 games.

Either way, if Williams doesn't play this year I hope he can get another year of eligibility because we don't have crap after Kaaya. Give Rosier and Lawson another year to develop.

You start whoever gives you a chance to win against Cinch and go from there. If that's BK, so be it, but you don't throw away games for future experience. The first game of next year BK could be knocked out of the game and lost for the season. Those losses the previous year then mean nothing besides you looked like a bunch of chumps.

Advertisement

At what point do you think Williams would've started over Morris last year? After the Duke game? Because Morris won the next 2 games.

Either way, if Williams doesn't play this year I hope he can get another year of eligibility because we don't have crap after Kaaya. Give Rosier and Lawson another year to develop.

Too be honest I never thought he was thst talented to play... There were apparent reports that Morris was hurting but we never saw Williams... I mean rest him up and let Williams play against Wake before we head to FSU...

The kid was never that talented... Moving the chains sound good but you have to make plays as well and I think Kaaya does that better although I agree he's not ready... He's going to struggle as the year goes on.... UVA, VT and FSU is going to give him a hard time...

Another thing, Dorsett isn't the fastest guy in college football. My money is on a guy at Oklahoma St.

Secondly, if Williams is a chain mover and our down the field passing suffers a little, so be it. That's what we need, yards, in particular on third down. I don't care one bit if it's a gain of 4 every time or 24 since the added TOP would possibly help this abortion of a defense out.

Advertisement
You dont bench the kid now, you ride with him the rest of the year, this season is basically over anyway, as for patting who gives a sh¡t QBs do it all the time

If I didn't respect D$ so much this is where I'd say you are dancing around like a Kansas City ***alah.

Williams has seen game action against exactly ONE decent team and he was awful. Can't run a downfield offense at all with him. Yet, he is th latest message board God. This is the same board that wanted Jacob Coker to come in and start right away.

Advertisement
Back