I Don’t Get Some of You

Mark my words, someday we will be back at the apex and win a championship again--our athletes and coaches will go on to win seasonal awards and such; and we will still have the mope brigade on here whining about something.

It is an unfortunate reality that we have miserable people to deal with on this forum.

Advertisement
And she’s a bad, bad one. Puerto Rican & Black from Miami. 👀👀
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

A couple of observations:

1. Just because some may have questions about Mario's gameday coaching does not mean they were sold on a politician's son who had no HC experience. Does anyone on here really prefer Manny over Mario? Does anyone not see that Mario is an upgrade? There is no question regarding Mario's ability to recruit. Yet, there have been a few bad losses each year during Mario's tenure at Oregon. If that continues here, there will be complaining, and at $8 million a year deservedly so.

2. Is there anyone who says they should not build a new stadium if a donor is willing to pay for the whole thing himself and will gift it to the university to run? That's a no brainer. It allows Miami to take advantage of the profits from parking and concessions that they do not get currently. People who are more familiar with Coral Gables government say it will be difficult, if not impossible. I'm not sure if that is being a downer or being realistic? Honestly, I couldn't care less. Let Ruiz and his group do what they can and hopefully they can get it done.

However, you can't look at records from 1980 - 2007 vs. 2008 - present and use that as some proof that it shows the effect of Miami having its own stadium. First of all you are comparing teams from one of the best stretches of success in college football to a mediocre mess over the past 14 years. If those early teams played in Hard Rock, they would have a similar record and conversely, if recent Miami teams played in the OB, they would not have as great a record. Plus, I notice that you don't mention the Canes record in the OB prior to 1980 when it was much like the Hard Rock record (probably even worse).

Also, the OB was not owned by the Canes. It was the City of Miami's property. And for 7 seasons in your example, the Canes did share it with the Dolphins.

Like seriously, I don’t. Maybe it’s a desensitization, apathy, PTSD, whatever it is, ya’ll need to stop wearing tighty whiteys or super snug bras, & let ‘eem hang!

We just made our best hires this side of the Year 2000, and I still see the same traits:

-“I’m not sold on Mario b/c, b/c, b/c while at FIU he….but at Oregon he didn’t win a Nat’l Championship.”
What in thee blue ****?? U’re not sold on a proven recruiter and coach of a P5 program who won their division 3 of his 4 yrs there, winning their conference 2 of his 4 yrs there, yet, u were sold on a former Congressmen’s son, that proved to be a worthless recruiter w/ no HC experience?? So let me get this str8; some of you have doubts on a 2x National Championship player here at The U, but u had faith in a guy who didn’t even qualify for The Madden League?? Seriously?

-“But, but, but we don’t need new facilities b/c in the 80’s….but, but, but Blake got us new dorms & and he help get donors for an IPF. But, but, but, why o why r they talking about a stadium?? I don’t wanna deal w/ traffic, and that, that, that, that ONE game in 2017, it was loud.”

What r u talking about?? This ain’t the 80’s anymore. They released an article back in I believe in 2018, and it talked about the top 10 factors that affect recruiting; of course coaching, relationship, playing time, and conference were the top of the priorities, but facilities, uniforms, S&C were apart of that top 10. That chit matters.

We have an AD who oversaw a meteoric rise in Clemson, not just from an football standpoint, but from an infrastructure, and revenue standpoint. We FINALLY have an AD who’s about Football, and business, & out of his own mouth, he said it would be good if we had our own stadium. Why? Maybe b/c he knows the importance of it. We FINALLY have boosters behind a movement; YET, we got ppl on here fighting against it b/c they’re concerned about their personal convenience. Lol Some have said, “I don’t ‘want’ The University to just spend $ just to spend it.” We’ve been crying broke for decades, but now, we got fans saying don’t spend “just to” spend??! Lol, u literally can’t make this up.

-But, but, but, I thought Mario was a great recruiter, our class sucks right now.”

Uhhhh, No duh! The class sucked b/c the coach some of ya’ll slurped on had 8 guys committed in December & justified it by saying the quality is over quantity. LMAO

NEWFLASH FRESH OFF THE PRESS: Mario has been here for 2 secs! Lol. He’s a Coach, Jim, not a Magician. Our rep is trashed & the recruiting class was trashed. And don’t u dare even remotely compare the class of ‘19 when Richt retired to now. One, Diaz was already on staff during the recruiting process, & two, that class was full besides some kids de-committing towards the end; The class of 2022 was a complete abomination, & poorly managed. Cristobal is not Houdini.

Ladies & Gents, I get it…we’ve been neutered as a fan base. To stay sane, we’ve had to justify, reason, excuse, and ultimately accept what we’ve been exposed to; but, it’s time to let go of ur fears. In order to do that, patience needs to be exercised. We are a mess; we’ve had probably the worst combination of AD + coach leadership over a 18 yr stretch in all of CFB. That’s not going to be changed over night. Allow Rad & Cristobal to do them. We FINALLY have professionals & a support system behind them, so stop nitpicking on chit unless they give us a reason to, like hiring Chud. Lol.

Last point:

Regarding having our own stadium, here’s a fun fact-

From 1980 - 2007 (27 yrs), The U lost a total of 24 games at the OB:
Howard (1980 - 83): 18-2
Johnson (1984-88): 28-4
Erickson (1989-94): 34-1
Davis (1995-00): 27-8
Coker (2001-06): 33-6
Shannnon (2007); 3-3

From 2008 - present (13 yrs), The U have lost a total of 22 games at Sun Life/Hard Rock:
Shannon (2008-10): 11-6
Golden (2011-15*): 22-8
Scott (2015*): 2-0
Richt (2016-18): 16-3
Diaz (2019-21): 13-6

TIFWIW
This! You said some **** here my boy! ****!!

Btw..... In all honesty.... I am SHOCKED by our home records. To lose only a total of 24 games at the OB is freaking INSANE.

The current home record is sad because it shows how far ahead Richt was....and also the fact that Golden was really better than Danny Miaz.

A couple of observations:

1. Just because some may have questions about Mario's gameday coaching does not mean they were sold on a politician's son who had no HC experience. Does anyone on here really prefer Manny over Mario? Does anyone not see that Mario is an upgrade? There is no question regarding Mario's ability to recruit. Yet, there have been a few bad losses each year during Mario's tenure at Oregon. If that continues here, there will be complaining, and at $8 million a year deservedly so.

2. Is there anyone who says they should not build a new stadium if a donor is willing to pay for the whole thing himself and will gift it to the university to run? That's a no brainer. It allows Miami to take advantage of the profits from parking and concessions that they do not get currently. People who are more familiar with Coral Gables government say it will be difficult, if not impossible. I'm not sure if that is being a downer or being realistic? Honestly, I couldn't care less. Let Ruiz and his group do what they can and hopefully they can get it done.

However, you can't look at records from 1980 - 2007 vs. 2008 - present and use that as some proof that it shows the effect of Miami having its own stadium. First of all you are comparing teams from one of the best stretches of success in college football to a mediocre mess over the past 14 years. If those early teams played in Hard Rock, they would have a similar record and conversely, if recent Miami teams played in the OB, they would not have as great a record. Plus, I notice that you don't mention the Canes record in the OB prior to 1980 when it was much like the Hard Rock record (probably even worse).

Also, the OB was not owned by the Canes. It was the City of Miami's property. And for 7 seasons in your example, the Canes did share it with the Dolphins.

1. What r u talking about? Obviously u don’t post a lot on here, so I’m not sure how often u lookie-loo or what, but there were clear support & justification to keep Manny, to support Manny, and that he should be given another year…he just needs a better staff, and he tries. There were actual fans openly hoping Cristobal failed at UO this season to thump their chest, so what r u talking about?

2. What r u talking about? There’s HELLA ppl complaining about a donor who wants to build a stadium closer to the school. They don’t give a fck about who’s doing it; they literally r complaining about potential traffic & commute hazards! Again, what r u talking about?

3. What r u talking about? I most certainly can look at our record since 1980, b/c others who r in favor of us getting a stadium (many who are NOT Miami fans) have all said since we’ve become The U, moving to Sun Life/HR doesn’t have the same feel or energy.

4. Everyone knows The OB was owned by the city of Miami, just like the Rose Bowl is owned by the city of Pasadena & The LA Coliseum owned by the city of L.A. Do you think anyone don’t think, feel or the Universities claim those as their own? Fun fact: SC played at the Coliseum w/ The Raiders; what’s ur point?

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's a shame you'd **** on @Rellyrell excellent post with this anti-immigrant BS. South Florida is vibrant and booming AND culturally diverse. Most economies in the United States that are expanding have significant immigrant populations (MIA, NYC, LA, SF, DFW, just to name a few). And most immigrants come to the U.S. not because they want to sit on their *** and collect a handout - it's because they seek opportunity and are willing to work their asses off for it.

Run your post past Ruiz - who you referenced - or Mas, or Lemonis, or Cristobal all 1st or 2nd generation Americans and I guarantee they tell you to GTFOH.

And if you don't mind me asking - what is your ancestral background? Because unless you're Native American Indian, it isn't that far back that your family tree had someone who came from "Loser Countries" and had to overcome ignorant bigots like you who didn't want "their kind here" either.

My background? I’m a first generation immigrant myself. Lived in South Florida for a long time as well. Wouldn’t have posted what I did otherwise.

I had to tell an old college friend who thought Manny was unfairly treated what was up.
He gave me the ole “close games” and I told him our schedule was awful. We lost to bowl ineligible teams! We beat the conference CHAMPION! Manny was NEVER winning a Pac12 title let alone 2!!

1. What r u talking about?

2. What r u talking about?

3. What r u talking about?

4. Everyone knows The OB was owned by the city of Miami, just like the Rose Bowl is owned by the city of Pasadena & The LA Coliseum owned by the city of L.A. Do you think anyone don’t think, feel or the Universities claim those as their own? Fun fact: SC played at the Coliseum w/ The Raiders; what’s ur point?
Read it again. I typed enough and explained enough. If you have a specific question about what I wrote, I will be more than happy to respond.

Just pointed out a couple of holes in your argument (IMO). Basically, most think Mario>Manny and if someone has some questions about Mario it does not mean that person thought Manny was better as you stated "yet, u were sold on a former Congressmen’s son, that proved to be a worthless recruiter w/ no HC experience??". Questioning Mario does not mean you were sold on Manny at any time.

The stadium should be done if Ruiz pays for it and gives it to the university just based on additional revenues from parking, concessions, etc. It has nothing to do with what Miami's home record was in the OB during one of the most prolific eras in college football by a university.

Read it again. I typed enough and explained enough. If you have a specific question about what I wrote, I will be more than happy to respond.

Just pointed out a couple of holes in your argument (IMO). Basically, most think Mario>Manny and if someone has some questions about Mario it does not mean that person thought Manny was better as you stated "yet, u were sold on a former Congressmen’s son, that proved to be a worthless recruiter w/ no HC experience??". Questioning Mario does not mean you were sold on Manny at any time.

The stadium should be done if Ruiz pays for it and gives it to the university just based on additional revenues from parking, concessions, etc. It has nothing to do with what Miami's home record was in the OB during one of the most prolific eras in college football by a university.

I edited my reply to ur reply.

Advertisement
It's a shame you'd **** on @Rellyrell excellent post with this anti-immigrant BS. South Florida is vibrant and booming AND culturally diverse. Most economies in the United States that are expanding have significant immigrant populations (MIA, NYC, LA, SF, DFW, just to name a few). And most immigrants come to the U.S. not because they want to sit on their *** and collect a handout - it's because they seek opportunity and are willing to work their asses off for it.

Run your post past Ruiz - who you referenced - or Mas, or Lemonis, or Cristobal all 1st or 2nd generation Americans and I guarantee they tell you to GTFOH.

And if you don't mind me asking - what is your ancestral background? Because unless you're Native American Indian, it isn't that far back that your family tree had someone who came from "Loser Countries" and had to overcome ignorant bigots like you who didn't want "their kind here" either.
Homie took an extra dose of stupid pills. Found the ignore button and the problem is solved.

Like seriously, I don’t. Maybe it’s a desensitization, apathy, PTSD, whatever it is, ya’ll need to stop wearing tighty whiteys or super snug bras, & let ‘eem hang!

We just made our best hires this side of the Year 2000, and I still see the same traits:

-“I’m not sold on Mario b/c, b/c, b/c while at FIU he….but at Oregon he didn’t win a Nat’l Championship.”
What in thee blue ****?? U’re not sold on a proven recruiter and coach of a P5 program who won their division 3 of his 4 yrs there, winning their conference 2 of his 4 yrs there, yet, u were sold on a former Congressmen’s son, that proved to be a worthless recruiter w/ no HC experience?? So let me get this str8; some of you have doubts on a 2x National Championship player here at The U, but u had faith in a guy who didn’t even qualify for The Madden League?? Seriously?

-“But, but, but we don’t need new facilities b/c in the 80’s….but, but, but Blake got us new dorms & and he help get donors for an IPF. But, but, but, why o why r they talking about a stadium?? I don’t wanna deal w/ traffic, and that, that, that, that ONE game in 2017, it was loud.”

What r u talking about?? This ain’t the 80’s anymore. They released an article back in I believe in 2018, and it talked about the top 10 factors that affect recruiting; of course coaching, relationship, playing time, and conference were the top of the priorities, but facilities, uniforms, S&C were apart of that top 10. That chit matters.

We have an AD who oversaw a meteoric rise in Clemson, not just from an football standpoint, but from an infrastructure, and revenue standpoint. We FINALLY have an AD who’s about Football, and business, & out of his own mouth, he said it would be good if we had our own stadium. Why? Maybe b/c he knows the importance of it. We FINALLY have boosters behind a movement; YET, we got ppl on here fighting against it b/c they’re concerned about their personal convenience. Lol Some have said, “I don’t ‘want’ The University to just spend $ just to spend it.” We’ve been crying broke for decades, but now, we got fans saying don’t spend “just to” spend??! Lol, u literally can’t make this up.

-But, but, but, I thought Mario was a great recruiter, our class sucks right now.”

Uhhhh, No duh! The class sucked b/c the coach some of ya’ll slurped on had 8 guys committed in December & justified it by saying the quality is over quantity. LMAO

NEWFLASH FRESH OFF THE PRESS: Mario has been here for 2 secs! Lol. He’s a Coach, Jim, not a Magician. Our rep is trashed & the recruiting class was trashed. And don’t u dare even remotely compare the class of ‘19 when Richt retired to now. One, Diaz was already on staff during the recruiting process, & two, that class was full besides some kids de-committing towards the end; The class of 2022 was a complete abomination, & poorly managed. Cristobal is not Houdini.

Ladies & Gents, I get it…we’ve been neutered as a fan base. To stay sane, we’ve had to justify, reason, excuse, and ultimately accept what we’ve been exposed to; but, it’s time to let go of ur fears. In order to do that, patience needs to be exercised. We are a mess; we’ve had probably the worst combination of AD + coach leadership over a 18 yr stretch in all of CFB. That’s not going to be changed over night. Allow Rad & Cristobal to do them. We FINALLY have professionals & a support system behind them, so stop nitpicking on chit unless they give us a reason to, like hiring Chud. Lol.

Last point:

Regarding having our own stadium, here’s a fun fact-

From 1980 - 2007 (27 yrs), The U lost a total of 24 games at the OB:
Howard (1980 - 83): 18-2
Johnson (1984-88): 28-4
Erickson (1989-94): 34-1
Davis (1995-00): 27-8
Coker (2001-06): 33-6
Shannnon (2007); 3-3

From 2008 - present (13 yrs), The U have lost a total of 22 games at Sun Life/Hard Rock:
Shannon (2008-10): 11-6
Golden (2011-15*): 22-8
Scott (2015*): 2-0
Richt (2016-18): 16-3
Diaz (2019-21): 13-6

TIFWIW
One thing is for sure; we aren't failing now because we won't write a paycheck for a quality coach.

At the very least, I can live with that, my friend. :)

What

In

Thee

FCK

Are

You

Talking

About

Willis?

Do u realize Shannon had ZERO coaching experience?
Do you realize Golden was a sub .500 coach at a G5 program?
Do you realize that Diaz was a weaselly, lispy rascal that many hated that he was hired? Oh, and he was The Cuban Shannon, w/o the playing experience or Spanish. Lol
Do you realize we just hired one of the best & most prolific AD in the FBS DI??

Like what r u really taking about? Ur comparison is Apples & Grapes

go look at all the threads boasting about those hires....... zzzz

TLDR

It’s cis being cis. Been that way. “But it’s the off season bro “ - no. “But we’re losing bro” - no. Some of it just ******* sucks. We are ego we thought we were….

Let’s ******* go!

Advertisement
1. What r u talking about? Obviously u don’t post a lot on here, so I’m not sure how often u lookie-loo or what, but there were clear support & justification to keep Manny, to support Manny, and that he should be given another year…he just needs a better staff, and he tries. There were actual fans openly hoping Cristobal failed at UO this season to thump their chest, so what r u talking about?

2. What r u talking about? There’s HELLA ppl complaining about a donor who wants to build a stadium closer to the school. They don’t give a fck about who’s doing it; they literally r complaining about potential traffic & commute hazards! Again, what r u talking about?

3. What r u talking about? I most certainly can look at our record since 1980, b/c others who r in favor of us getting a stadium (many who are NOT Miami fans) have all said since we’ve become The U, moving to Sun Life/HR doesn’t have the same feel or energy.

1. I think the number of people on here who supported having Manny come back was miniscule, maybe 5% at the most (and not to throw anyone under the bus, but Fraggle was most of them lol). Plus, I'm not aware of anyone rooting for Mario to fail at Oregon. Why would that make them thump their chest? Maybe because they wanted Lane? If Lane had been the guy, there would be people on here questioning him as well. No one is a perfect candidate.

2. Agreed. Stadiums cause traffic and congestion headaches no matter where they are located.

3. Agreed that Sun Life didn't have the same feel or energy.......until they put on the roof. Since then, Hard Rock does have it. What it doesn't have are the talented teams that played in the 80's and 90's. I'm not sure if you live down here or not, but as a 30 year season ticket holder the 2017 games against ND and VT felt the same as the OB days of yore. Even when the stadium isn't full, it still "sounds" loud. My point was, the special feel at the OB had more to do with the teams playing in it than anything else. Prior to 1980, the OB wasn't exactly magical when it came to the Canes.

4. My point is, we never had our "own" stadium. You stated "Regarding having our own stadium" and proceeded to give home records from 1980 - 2007 and 2008 - present. You were stating the OB was our "own" stadium during that time, but it never was and in fact, Miami had a shared tenant with the Dolphins for 7 of those seasons. Just because the Dolphins own it, doesn't mean it doesn't look like the "Canes" stadium on Saturdays. The Dolphin Honor Roll is replaced with the Canes Honor Roll, outside the stadium there are huge Hurricane banners placed on the entry ramps. The only reminder it is the Dolphins place is the Dolphin log at the end of each aisle of seats. If that bothers you that much, I don't know what to tell you. Fun facts: USC now owns the Coliseum and the Rams were a tenant there when they first moved back to LA a few years ago while SoFi Stadium was being built.

At the end of the day, 95% of this board thinks this was the biggest week in Canes athletics history since the last NC. It is exciting and impressive the hires made at HC and AD. I think we are all excited to see what will happen.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with pointing out areas of concern based on past performance of Mario. Hopefully he has learned from those experiences and continues to grow.

1. I think the number of people on here who supported having Manny come back was miniscule, maybe 5% at the most (and not to throw anyone under the bus, but Fraggle was most of them lol). Plus, I'm not aware of anyone rooting for Mario to fail at Oregon. Why would that make them thump their chest? Maybe because they wanted Lane? If Lane had been the guy, there would be people on here questioning him as well. No one is a perfect candidate.

2. Agreed. Stadiums cause traffic and congestion headaches no matter where they are located.

3. Agreed that Sun Life didn't have the same feel or energy.......until they put on the roof. Since then, Hard Rock does have it. What it doesn't have are the talented teams that played in the 80's and 90's. I'm not sure if you live down here or not, but as a 30 year season ticket holder the 2017 games against ND and VT felt the same as the OB days of yore. Even when the stadium isn't full, it still "sounds" loud. My point was, the special feel at the OB had more to do with the teams playing in it than anything else. Prior to 1980, the OB wasn't exactly magical when it came to the Canes.

4. My point is, we never had our "own" stadium. You stated "Regarding having our own stadium" and proceeded to give home records from 1980 - 2007 and 2008 - present. You were stating the OB was our "own" stadium during that time, but it never was and in fact, Miami had a shared tenant with the Dolphins for 7 of those seasons. Just because the Dolphins own it, doesn't mean it doesn't look like the "Canes" stadium on Saturdays. The Dolphin Honor Roll is replaced with the Canes Honor Roll, outside the stadium there are huge Hurricane banners placed on the entry ramps. The only reminder it is the Dolphins place is the Dolphin log at the end of each aisle of seats. If that bothers you that much, I don't know what to tell you. Fun facts: USC now owns the Coliseum and the Rams were a tenant there when they first moved back to LA a few years ago while SoFi Stadium was being built.

At the end of the day, 95% of this board thinks this was the biggest week in Canes athletics history since the last NC. It is exciting and impressive the hires made at HC and AD. I think we are all excited to see what will happen.

At the same time, there is nothing wrong with pointing out areas of concern based on past performance of Mario. Hopefully he has learned from those experiences and continues to grow.

Let’s ask the majority on here if they consider The OB our stadium.

Also, I suggest u go & comb through threads & u’ll see exactly why I created this thread.

Tbh, I really don't see the argument of, "OMG they have to drive to a stadium 20 miles away"

LOL, so what? We play in a professional state of the art stadium. If we win national championships and didn't have the last 20 years of ineptitude, no one would care where we play.

Advertisement
South Florida mentality.

Most Americans have a “can do” roll up your sleeves and just get it done mentality.

Not South Florida.

People immigrated here from poor countries where it’s just beaten in to them that accomplishing anything is impossible.

Now you have some who rise above that, and that’s why the greatest entrepreneurs are immigrants, (Ruiz family) but they are the rare and special few. Most just carry over the loser mentality that made their home country broke to begin with.

Guy is willing to buy us a stadium at no cost to us, and South Florida still ***** on the idea because “Coral Gables” and “traffic”….honestly it’s more funny than sad. Good thing is that loser mentality means they have no pull or say, so if the stadium will happen, these naysayers won’t be the ones stopping it
Your endpoint is true, but how you arrived there is an abomination.

Mark my words, someday we will be back at the apex and win a championship again--our athletes and coaches will go on to win seasonal awards and such; and we will still have the mope brigade on here whining about something.

It is an unfortunate reality that we have miserable people to deal with on this forum.
No need to prognosticate. I'm old enough to remember being here in the most recent glory years. People wanted to bench Dorsey, fire Chud (in 2001!), losing their minds when James Jackson got carries over Portis, called Dre a bust because he didn't really get on the field til his 3rd season (Which is insane). It's nothing new. Win or lose we'll always have miserable malcontents.

Threads like this create moper/slurper groupings on the board. Why not just let skeptics be skeptics? How does it hurt any of you if somebody else isn't ready to dive in?

Your endpoint is true, but how you arrived there is an abomination.

Fair criticism from you, if I didn’t know me and I just read what I wrote I would think the same. I actually regret posting it to be honest because it’s a message board and context goes out the window. I’m a 1st generation immigrant to South Florida myself, so I’m speaking first hand to people just like me, and I think you’re always hardest and toughest on your own people because you want to see them do well and succeed.

We overcame **** to get here and didn’t let anyone tell us no. So keep that fight alive when you’re here as well. It frustrates me when I see people just rolling over before the fight even has begun. It’s why I hope Ruiz builds his stadium right in the middle of the **** Gables.

Advertisement
Back