I Don’t Get Some of You

ppl typed this same post after shannon... oh he's a former cane the players want him he can recruit blah blah blah

ppl typed this same post after golden.... oh he learned from jopa he can coach, he has a 500 page notebook plan blah blah blah

ppl typed this same post after Manny... oh he's a miami local, he can recruit, he has swag, his defense that one year was amazing, he understands miami blah blah blah

so forgive some of us for being slow to jump... some of us have seen the hype before.

it doesn't mean we aren't excited or haven't already bought season tickets/called the ticket office to know when we can...

just means we are tempered.

Advertisement
Some of us are tired. We've heard the same song and dance for twenty years now. We're tired of talk. That's all anyone has ever given us.

Now we're on the hook for 80 million for Mario. You can't blame a single person on here for wanting instant and championship level results from day 1.

If we're ok with keeping our expectations in kilter like Coker wanted from us all those years ago, then why didn't we just hire a "lesser" coach like Kiffen for 30 million and put 50 million into an NIL fund?

Anyways, Mario should be judged by these metrics:

1. Close on Kelly, Moss, Stewart, Bissainthe, Rogers, Graves and Florence to address gaping holes at end, backer and corner.
2. Grab portal guys who can fill in the rest of our holes and contribute immediately in 2022.
3. 10-2 in 22. No excuses for next year.

I've been skeptical of Mario for several reasons but the major overriding one is the sheer size of his contract. If he fails by year 3 to have us contending for titles, what is our recourse? He has a 10 year contract for 80 million. How large will his buyout be? He has the ins with the Columbus mafia. What in **** can Miami do if Mario turns out to be fools gold?

before anyone posts they should ask themself: would mario cristobal, coach of the miami hurricanes, call me a pusc after he read my post? if yes, do not post. if no, porst away

Advertisement
South Florida mentality.

Most Americans have a “can do” roll up your sleeves and just get it done mentality.

Not South Florida.

People immigrated here from poor countries where it’s just beaten in to them that accomplishing anything is impossible.

Now you have some who rise above that, and that’s why the greatest entrepreneurs are immigrants, (Ruiz family) but they are the rare and special few. Most just carry over the loser mentality that made their home country broke to begin with.

Guy is willing to buy us a stadium at no cost to us, and South Florida still ***** on the idea because “Coral Gables” and “traffic”….honestly it’s more funny than sad. Good thing is that loser mentality means they have no pull or say, so if the stadium will happen, these naysayers won’t be the ones stopping it

Are you really this stupid? Or is it just an act?

Like seriously, I don’t. Maybe it’s a desensitization, apathy, PTSD, whatever it is, ya’ll need to stop wearing tighty whiteys or super snug bras, & let ‘eem hang!

We just made our best hires this side of the Year 2000, and I still see the same traits:

-“I’m not sold on Mario b/c, b/c, b/c while at FIU he….but at Oregon he didn’t win a Nat’l Championship.”
What in thee blue ****?? U’re not sold on a proven recruiter and coach of a P5 program who won their division 3 of his 4 yrs there, winning their conference 2 of his 4 yrs there, yet, u were sold on a former Congressmen’s son, that proved to be a worthless recruiter w/ no HC experience?? So let me get this str8; some of you have doubts on a 2x National Championship player here at The U, but u had faith in a guy who didn’t even qualify for The Madden League?? Seriously?

-“But, but, but we don’t need new facilities b/c in the 80’s….but, but, but Blake got us new dorms & and he help get donors for an IPF. But, but, but, why o why r they talking about a stadium?? I don’t wanna deal w/ traffic, and that, that, that, that ONE game in 2017, it was loud.”

What r u talking about?? This ain’t the 80’s anymore. They released an article back in I believe in 2018, and it talked about the top 10 factors that affect recruiting; of course coaching, relationship, playing time, and conference were the top of the priorities, but facilities, uniforms, S&C were apart of that top 10. That chit matters.

We have an AD who oversaw a meteoric rise in Clemson, not just from an football standpoint, but from an infrastructure, and revenue standpoint. We FINALLY have an AD who’s about Football, and business, & out of his own mouth, he said it would be good if we had our own stadium. Why? Maybe b/c he knows the importance of it. We FINALLY have boosters behind a movement; YET, we got ppl on here fighting against it b/c they’re concerned about their personal convenience. Lol Some have said, “I don’t ‘want’ The University to just spend $ just to spend it.” We’ve been crying broke for decades, but now, we got fans saying don’t spend “just to” spend??! Lol, u literally can’t make this up.

-But, but, but, I thought Mario was a great recruiter, our class sucks right now.”

Uhhhh, No duh! The class sucked b/c the coach some of ya’ll slurped on had 8 guys committed in December & justified it by saying the quality is over quantity. LMAO

NEWFLASH FRESH OFF THE PRESS: Mario has been here for 2 secs! Lol. He’s a Coach, Jim, not a Magician. Our rep is trashed & the recruiting class was trashed. And don’t u dare even remotely compare the class of ‘19 when Richt retired to now. One, Diaz was already on staff during the recruiting process, & two, that class was full besides some kids de-committing towards the end; The class of 2022 was a complete abomination, & poorly managed. Cristobal is not Houdini.

Ladies & Gents, I get it…we’ve been neutered as a fan base. To stay sane, we’ve had to justify, reason, excuse, and ultimately accept what we’ve been exposed to; but, it’s time to let go of ur fears. In order to do that, patience needs to be exercised. We are a mess; we’ve had probably the worst combination of AD + coach leadership over a 18 yr stretch in all of CFB. That’s not going to be changed over night. Allow Rad & Cristobal to do them. We FINALLY have professionals & a support system behind them, so stop nitpicking on chit unless they give us a reason to, like hiring Chud. Lol.

Last point:

Regarding having our own stadium, here’s a fun fact-

From 1980 - 2007 (37 yrs), The U lost a total of 24 games at the OB:
Howard (1980 - 83): 18-2
Johnson (1984-88): 28-4
Erickson (1989-94): 34-1
Davis (1995-00): 27-8
Coker (2001-06): 33-6
Shannnon (2007); 3-3

From 2008 - present (13 yrs), The U have lost a total of 22 games at Sun Life/Hard Rock:
Shannon (2008-10): 11-6
Golden (2011-15*): 22-8
Scott (2015*): 2-0
Richt (2016-18): 16-3
Diaz (2019-21): 13-6

TIFWIW
Yea Relly... it's nice to see that a guy who lives 3000 miles away from campus still has his finger on the pulse of Canes sanity... God Bless You!

Yea Relly... it's nice to see that a guy who lives 3000 miles away from campus still has his finger on the pulse of Canes sanity... God Bless You!

I follow this team closer than literally ALL of my other sports teams, b/c this is the only team I CHOSE to be a fan of vs. born into. So **** yeah I have my finger on the pulse.

Advertisement
Like seriously, I don’t. Maybe it’s a desensitization, apathy, PTSD, whatever it is, ya’ll need to stop wearing tighty whiteys or super snug bras, & let ‘eem hang!

We just made our best hires this side of the Year 2000, and I still see the same traits:

-“I’m not sold on Mario b/c, b/c, b/c while at FIU he….but at Oregon he didn’t win a Nat’l Championship.”
What in thee blue ****?? U’re not sold on a proven recruiter and coach of a P5 program who won their division 3 of his 4 yrs there, winning their conference 2 of his 4 yrs there, yet, u were sold on a former Congressmen’s son, that proved to be a worthless recruiter w/ no HC experience?? So let me get this str8; some of you have doubts on a 2x National Championship player here at The U, but u had faith in a guy who didn’t even qualify for The Madden League?? Seriously?

-“But, but, but we don’t need new facilities b/c in the 80’s….but, but, but Blake got us new dorms & and he help get donors for an IPF. But, but, but, why o why r they talking about a stadium?? I don’t wanna deal w/ traffic, and that, that, that, that ONE game in 2017, it was loud.”

What r u talking about?? This ain’t the 80’s anymore. They released an article back in I believe in 2018, and it talked about the top 10 factors that affect recruiting; of course coaching, relationship, playing time, and conference were the top of the priorities, but facilities, uniforms, S&C were apart of that top 10. That chit matters.

We have an AD who oversaw a meteoric rise in Clemson, not just from an football standpoint, but from an infrastructure, and revenue standpoint. We FINALLY have an AD who’s about Football, and business, & out of his own mouth, he said it would be good if we had our own stadium. Why? Maybe b/c he knows the importance of it. We FINALLY have boosters behind a movement; YET, we got ppl on here fighting against it b/c they’re concerned about their personal convenience. Lol Some have said, “I don’t ‘want’ The University to just spend $ just to spend it.” We’ve been crying broke for decades, but now, we got fans saying don’t spend “just to” spend??! Lol, u literally can’t make this up.

-But, but, but, I thought Mario was a great recruiter, our class sucks right now.”

Uhhhh, No duh! The class sucked b/c the coach some of ya’ll slurped on had 8 guys committed in December & justified it by saying the quality is over quantity. LMAO

NEWFLASH FRESH OFF THE PRESS: Mario has been here for 2 secs! Lol. He’s a Coach, Jim, not a Magician. Our rep is trashed & the recruiting class was trashed. And don’t u dare even remotely compare the class of ‘19 when Richt retired to now. One, Diaz was already on staff during the recruiting process, & two, that class was full besides some kids de-committing towards the end; The class of 2022 was a complete abomination, & poorly managed. Cristobal is not Houdini.

Ladies & Gents, I get it…we’ve been neutered as a fan base. To stay sane, we’ve had to justify, reason, excuse, and ultimately accept what we’ve been exposed to; but, it’s time to let go of ur fears. In order to do that, patience needs to be exercised. We are a mess; we’ve had probably the worst combination of AD + coach leadership over a 18 yr stretch in all of CFB. That’s not going to be changed over night. Allow Rad & Cristobal to do them. We FINALLY have professionals & a support system behind them, so stop nitpicking on chit unless they give us a reason to, like hiring Chud. Lol.

Last point:

From 1980 - 2007 (37 yrs), The U lost a total of 24 games at the OB:
Shannnon (2007); 3-3

From 2008 - present (13 yrs), The U have lost a total of 22 games at Sun Life/Hard Rock:

TIFWIW

All I can add to this is --- all dis, right here...(what Relly said)

Cuz, that’s way too many words and way too much sense. You’ll spoke yourself crazy. A good % of the people on here are a tad delusional which makes for great entertainment and comedy. Enjoy the ride brotha.

Bro, it’s just mind boggling when I go to the recruiting threads, Stadium threads, possible coaching threads, and mofos r really complaining. Lol.

Great post as usual, Relly!

Spitting’ facts and slaying the haters.

One small thing…from 1980-2007 is a 27 year span, not 37 year span. Not trying to be a jerk, just pointing it out so you can edit it.

Bro, good catch. True story; my homegirl just turned 37 today & as I was texting her as I was posting this. Lol. Freudian text. Lol.

ppl typed this same post after shannon... oh he's a former cane the players want him he can recruit blah blah blah

ppl typed this same post after golden.... oh he learned from jopa he can coach, he has a 500 page notebook plan blah blah blah

ppl typed this same post after Manny... oh he's a miami local, he can recruit, he has swag, his defense that one year was amazing, he understands miami blah blah blah

so forgive some of us for being slow to jump... some of us have seen the hype before.

it doesn't mean we aren't excited or haven't already bought season tickets/called the ticket office to know when we can...

just means we are tempered.

What

In

Thee

FCK

Are

You

Talking

About

Willis?

Do u realize Shannon had ZERO coaching experience?
Do you realize Golden was a sub .500 coach at a G5 program?
Do you realize that Diaz was a weaselly, lispy rascal that many hated that he was hired? Oh, and he was The Cuban Shannon, w/o the playing experience or Spanish. Lol
Do you realize we just hired one of the best & most prolific AD in the FBS DI??

Like what r u really taking about? Ur comparison is Apples & Grapes

Last edited:
Advertisement

Last point:

From 1980 - 2007 (27 yrs), The U lost a total of 24 games at the OB:
Shannnon (2007); 3-3

TIFWIW
Preach, fam.

I was kinda hoping for Kiffen the sociopath - less and less the more I learned about him. But surely settled into Mario when the smoke started rising.

That being said I'm all in on Mario. He's a major f'ing upgrade considering the last two decades and I can't wait to see what he does for this university and football team. The timing seemed perfect and the stars seem to be aligning... Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lot of obvious trolls coming out of the woodwork. Anyone not the least bit excited about Ruiz swinging the capital, Frenk supporting the renewed commitment to sports, Radakovich leveraging his Clemson success, Mario leaning on his Oregon/Bama experience, and having TVD back to run the offense…. will never be happy as a Cane.

Advertisement
Back