I Don’t Get Some of You

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Like seriously, I don’t. Maybe it’s a desensitization, apathy, PTSD, whatever it is, ya’ll need to stop wearing tighty whiteys or super snug bras, & let ‘eem hang!

We just made our best hires this side of the Year 2000, and I still see the same traits:

-“I’m not sold on Mario b/c, b/c, b/c while at FIU he….but at Oregon he didn’t win a Nat’l Championship.”
What in thee blue ****?? U’re not sold on a proven recruiter and coach of a P5 program who won their division 3 of his 4 yrs there, winning their conference 2 of his 4 yrs there, yet, u were sold on a former Congressmen’s son, that proved to be a worthless recruiter w/ no HC experience?? So let me get this str8; some of you have doubts on a 2x National Championship player here at The U, but u had faith in a guy who didn’t even qualify for The Madden League?? Seriously?

-“But, but, but we don’t need new facilities b/c in the 80’s….but, but, but Blake got us new dorms & and he help get donors for an IPF. But, but, but, why o why r they talking about a stadium?? I don’t wanna deal w/ traffic, and that, that, that, that ONE game in 2017, it was loud.”

What r u talking about?? This ain’t the 80’s anymore. They released an article back in I believe in 2018, and it talked about the top 10 factors that affect recruiting; of course coaching, relationship, playing time, and conference were the top of the priorities, but facilities, uniforms, S&C were apart of that top 10. That chit matters.

We have an AD who oversaw a meteoric rise in Clemson, not just from an football standpoint, but from an infrastructure, and revenue standpoint. We FINALLY have an AD who’s about Football, and business, & out of his own mouth, he said it would be good if we had our own stadium. Why? Maybe b/c he knows the importance of it. We FINALLY have boosters behind a movement; YET, we got ppl on here fighting against it b/c they’re concerned about their personal convenience. Lol Some have said, “I don’t ‘want’ The University to just spend $ just to spend it.” We’ve been crying broke for decades, but now, we got fans saying don’t spend “just to” spend??! Lol, u literally can’t make this up.

-But, but, but, I thought Mario was a great recruiter, our class sucks right now.”

Uhhhh, No duh! The class sucked b/c the coach some of ya’ll slurped on had 8 guys committed in December & justified it by saying the quality is over quantity. LMAO

NEWFLASH FRESH OFF THE PRESS: Mario has been here for 2 secs! Lol. He’s a Coach, Jim, not a Magician. Our rep is trashed & the recruiting class was trashed. And don’t u dare even remotely compare the class of ‘19 when Richt retired to now. One, Diaz was already on staff during the recruiting process, & two, that class was full besides some kids de-committing towards the end; The class of 2022 was a complete abomination, & poorly managed. Cristobal is not Houdini.

Ladies & Gents, I get it…we’ve been neutered as a fan base. To stay sane, we’ve had to justify, reason, excuse, and ultimately accept what we’ve been exposed to; but, it’s time to let go of ur fears. In order to do that, patience needs to be exercised. We are a mess; we’ve had probably the worst combination of AD + coach leadership over a 18 yr stretch in all of CFB. That’s not going to be changed over night. Allow Rad & Cristobal to do them. We FINALLY have professionals & a support system behind them, so stop nitpicking on chit unless they give us a reason to, like hiring Chud. Lol.

Last point:

Regarding having our own stadium, here’s a fun fact-

From 1980 - 2007 (27 yrs), The U lost a total of 24 games at the OB:
Howard (1980 - 83): 18-2
Johnson (1984-88): 28-4
Erickson (1989-94): 34-1
Davis (1995-00): 27-8
Coker (2001-06): 33-6
Shannnon (2007); 3-3

From 2008 - present (13 yrs), The U have lost a total of 22 games at Sun Life/Hard Rock:
Shannon (2008-10): 11-6
Golden (2011-15*): 22-8
Scott (2015*): 2-0
Richt (2016-18): 16-3
Diaz (2019-21): 13-6

TIFWIW

Last edited:
Advertisement
1639340943463.gif

Welcome to 2021 where people just ***** to *****. This fan base has been so sideways for so long, many have forgotten how to not be miserable.

Mario was always the best answer for this program; not because he played for Miami—but because he's a quality coach, a stellar recruiter, learned from Davis / Schiano / Saban and he's a former player that gets the brand.

This whole thing is bigger than Mario—the paradigm shift with Miami becoming a big money player in college football; I expected to grow a third arm out of my forehead before I ever saw the Canes involved in a $25M package to lose one coach and pull in another, not to mention an $8M annual salary, an ACC-most $8M for assistants and $3M for the highest-paid AD in the game—poached from Clemson.

This is beyond unprecedented; it's as if the University of Miami literally just won the lottery. NOBODY saw this coming.

Let the miserable stay miserable; enough of us realize how big this hire is, how seismic the shift was with these finances and that Miami is officially "back" as it's a legit contender again.

You think all of this is bad now, just wait until Mario loses his first game—you'll never hear the end of it from the jaded detractors.

Advertisement
Mario was not my first choice but I think he has potential to turn this ****show around. I will root for him to succeed like I did with all the other coaches except 1. I didnt like dIAZ being hired at DC and said so from the beginning. Same as when he was hired as HC.
I just hope Mario makes good hires at OC/DC

Like seriously, I don’t. Maybe it’s a desensitization, apathy, PTSD, whatever it is, ya’ll need to stop wearing tighty whiteys or super snug bras, & let ‘eem hang!

We just made our best hires this side of the Year 2000, and I still see the same traits:

-“I’m not sold on Mario b/c, b/c, b/c while at FIU he….but at Oregon he didn’t win a Nat’l Championship.”
What in thee blue ****?? U’re not sold on a proven recruiter and coach of a P5 program who won their division 3 of his 4 yrs there, winning their conference 2 of his 4 yrs there, yet, u were sold on a former Congressmen’s son, that proved to be a worthless recruiter w/ no HC experience?? So let me get this str8; some of you have doubts on a 2x National Championship player here at The U, but u had faith in a guy who didn’t even qualify for The Madden League?? Seriously?

-“But, but, but we don’t need new facilities b/c in the 80’s….but, but, but Blake got us new dorms & and he help get donors for an IPF. But, but, but, why o why r they talking about a stadium?? I don’t wanna deal w/ traffic, and that, that, that, that ONE game in 2017, it was loud.”

What r u talking about?? This ain’t the 80’s anymore. They released an article back in I believe in 2018, and it talked about the top 10 factors that affect recruiting; of course coaching, relationship, playing time, and conference were the top of the priorities, but facilities, uniforms, S&C were apart of that top 10. That chit matters.

We have an AD who oversaw a meteoric rise in Clemson, not just from an football standpoint, but from an infrastructure, and revenue standpoint. We FINALLY have an AD who’s about Football, and business, & out of his own mouth, he said it would be good if we had our own stadium. Why? Maybe b/c he knows the importance of it. We FINALLY have boosters behind a movement; YET, we got ppl on here fighting against it b/c they’re concerned about their personal convenience. Lol Some have said, “I don’t ‘want’ The University to just spend $ just to spend it.” We’ve been crying broke for decades, but now, we got fans saying don’t spend “just to” spend??! Lol, u literally can’t make this up.

-But, but, but, I thought Mario was a great recruiter, our class sucks right now.”

Uhhhh, No duh! The class sucked b/c the coach some of ya’ll slurped on had 8 guys committed in December & justified it by saying the quality is over quantity. LMAO

NEWFLASH FRESH OFF THE PRESS: Mario has been here for 2 secs! Lol. He’s a Coach, Jim, not a Magician. Our rep is trashed & the recruiting class was trashed. And don’t u dare even remotely compare the class of ‘19 when Richt retired to now. One, Diaz was already on staff during the recruiting process, & two, that class was full besides some kids de-committing towards the end; The class of 2022 was a complete abomination, & poorly managed. Cristobal is not Houdini.

Ladies & Gents, I get it…we’ve been neutered as a fan base. To stay sane, we’ve had to justify, reason, excuse, and ultimately accept what we’ve been exposed to; but, it’s time to let go of ur fears. In order to do that, patience needs to be exercised. We are a mess; we’ve had probably the worst combination of AD + coach leadership over a 18 yr stretch in all of CFB. That’s not going to be changed over night. Allow Rad & Cristobal to do them. We FINALLY have professionals & a support system behind them, so stop nitpicking on chit unless they give us a reason to, like hiring Chud. Lol.

Last point:

From 1980 - 2007 (37 yrs), The U lost a total of 24 games at the OB:
Shannnon (2007); 3-3

From 2008 - present (13 yrs), The U have lost a total of 22 games at Sun Life/Hard Rock:

TIFWIW
Great post.

If things don’t look and feel different then you’re just a pathetic person. We’ve never played the game like this before. So how about being positive until we have a reason to start bleeding everywhere.

Last point:

Shannnon (2007); 3-3

TIFWIW

Seriously, #NoHomo, but I love you a little more e'ryday.

Advertisement

Last point:

Shannnon (2007); 3-3

TIFWIW
Right on!✊🏾

Last point:

Shannnon (2007); 3-3

TIFWIW
If im being positive I dont get how some people aren't at least letting it play out.

Last point:

Shannnon (2007); 3-3

TIFWIW

South Florida mentality.

Most Americans have a “can do” roll up your sleeves and just get it done mentality.

Not South Florida.

People immigrated here from poor countries where it’s just beaten in to them that accomplishing anything is impossible.

Now you have some who rise above that, and that’s why the greatest entrepreneurs are immigrants, (Ruiz family) but they are the rare and special few. Most just carry over the loser mentality that made their home country broke to begin with.

Guy is willing to buy us a stadium at no cost to us, and South Florida still ***** on the idea because “Coral Gables” and “traffic”….honestly it’s more funny than sad. Good thing is that loser mentality means they have no pull or say, so if the stadium will happen, these naysayers won’t be the ones stopping it

Advertisement

Last point:

Shannnon (2007); 3-3

TIFWIW
Where did you get those stats? Their run of 58 straight wins at the Orange Bowl stretched from Oct. 12, 1985, to Sept. 24, 1994. Was there saw that so you must be mistaken.

Last point:

Shannnon (2007); 3-3

TIFWIW
☝️......ding ding ding!

Advertisement

Last point:

Shannnon (2007); 3-3

TIFWIW
1639342271375.gif

Well, except for me and an isolated few almost everyone here hated Manny as HC. Opinions will differ that's why this site exists. Watch what happens when we lose a game.

Bottom line... finally there's lots of positive changes taking place... if you can't muster up some level of excitement you may be suffering from clinical depression.
And for the icing on the cake, we may finally get a real Miami Hurricanes stadium centrally located. Hallelujah!

Advertisement
Back