I Don’t Get Some of You

Who are these people that are upset about anything that MIami has done recently?

If anything, I think some people may need to scale back expectations. I mean, I'm looking forward to an improvement but let's hold off on being undefeated national champions for a few years.

I guess there's always gonna be "that guy" who wanted a different coach and now he's going to complain about everything Mario does but we're talking about less than 1% of this board which is usually full of people looking for a reason to complain.

Also, UM's road record between 1980-2007 was significantly better too.
Might have something to do with the teams just being way better.

Advertisement
I am far from sold on the new stadium idea. Being a 15 min drive from Hard Rock makes me biased but the point is, if we win, the stands will fill and that gives us the home edge we need. I think Ruiz just wants to stamp his name on something.

Fair criticism from you, if I didn’t know me and I just read what I wrote I would think the same. I actually regret posting it to be honest because it’s a message board and context goes out the window. I’m a 1st generation immigrant to South Florida myself, so I’m speaking first hand to people just like me, and I think you’re always hardest and toughest on your own people because you want to see them do well and succeed.

We overcame **** to get here and didn’t let anyone tell us no. So keep that fight alive when you’re here as well. It frustrates me when I see people just rolling over before the fight even has begun. It’s why I hope Ruiz builds his stadium right in the middle of the **** Gables.
Context was definitely lost. I agree and applaud the personal responsibility piece and being tough on your own people (as long as you are from that group and understand their dynamic). My issue was only that no people collectively choose to be broke and disenfranchised. The other piece is finding out how the “crabs got inside that bucket”, how your country was destabilized, who destabilized it and how this country became so advantageous socially, economically and politically enough for your group to come here.

I respect your response. Maybe be softer with your people in public settings/forums and hard on them privately. When you do it publicly insincere people jump on your talking points and think they can use them on your people as well. While being out of context and devoid of your sincerity concerning what’s truly best for them.

Advertisement
Back