i couldnt tell the REFS were from the BIG 12

They might as well let the WWE referee the game. One of the worst one sided officiated games I have see in a long time.

Advertisement
Another excuse for Al, refs is why he blew 23 point lead in 8 mins.

# Cloud
# scholly reductions
# no indoor practice facility
# night games
# wind

And the new one to the list # refs

The hits keep comin

The only bad call I saw by the book was the hold on second called back td.

Dobards hold was bs.

Sunnys hold will get called everytime.

Al deserved his penalty , his fat *** waddled on the field knowing the refs were told to not allow that. NCAA wants that enforced this year because all the ref injuries on sidelines .

Scott's catch was a judgement call, could've went either way.

So lets chill on the refs, lets keep the blame where it belongs . On the guy who has a habit of blowing games. I mean we blew a 23 point lead in 8 minutes. No excuse.

Wrong!

I'm not so sure that Sunny's penalty was a hold. In the NFL, the rule of thumb for holding is extension of the arms. Sunny did not appear to reach out to grab the defensive player. I thought he kept his hands close to his body as he latched onto the player and then steamrollered him. He certainly didn't do anything much different than what the Nebraska linemen were doing against the UM pass rushers.

Advertisement

Dobards hold was bs.

Al deserved his penalty , his fat *** waddled on the field knowing the refs were told to not allow that. NCAA wants that enforced this year because all the ref injuries on sidelines .

So lets chill on the refs, lets keep the blame where it belongs . On the guy who has a habit of blowing games. I mean we blew a 23 point lead in 8 minutes. No excuse.

I think we watched different games....

Hard to hold a 23 point lead when the refs take pretty much all your points and critical third downs away for a whole quarter. Not to mention, let their O-line do whatever they want.

Another side note... This is the same conference, whatever it was called then, that didn't call A SINGLE holding penalty against Nebraska the ENTIRE 1995 season. Conference officials are far too biased, and today was a wonderful example of that.

Dobards hold was bs.

I'm sure we did . I'm not the typical blind fan crying about every call.

Hard to hold a 23 point lead when the refs take pretty much all your points and critical third downs away for a whole quarter. Not to mention, let their O-line do whatever they want.

Another side note... This is the same conference, whatever it was called then, that didn't call A SINGLE holding penalty against Nebraska the ENTIRE 1995 season. Conference officials are far too biased, and today was a wonderful example of that.

Lmao

Advertisement
The refs were horrible. Several of the Nebraska's O-Line should be arrested for sexual assault they way they held some guys. What part of 'No' don't you understand? ;)

That catch was a catch. Had possession, knee was down. Can't wait to hear the excuse why it wasn't.

5 yard Roughing the Kicker? Oh, because it was incidental contact? THEN WHY IS IT EVEN A ******* PENALTY!?!

BS calls on the 'sideline encroachment' nonsense. Refs need to man up and realize this is a mans game.

They managed to stabilize the point spread. Good for them.

Dobards hold was bs.

And neither am I. We've been an absolute awful team with penalties under Golden and deservedly so, but tonight, the 4th quarter, the refs were ******** the game up with their officiating. A pancake is a hold now, a shoulder to the back with neither players helmet touching the other player anywhere is a targeting now, I can chalk Scott's catch up to judgement at first, but the review showed the football moves, the tuck, and going to the ground with possession, but still, let's not count that.

So let's only count the two TD's taken off the board in the 4th, the running into the punter when our guys is hit by 3 Huskers in his plant leg which is roughing by rule, then Golden is flagged for hurting the official's feelings for being upset at the call. Let's count how Nebraska didn't get called for a hold one time when they were literally tackling our pass rushers when they got any leverage. Defending Al is weird, but in this case, I have to. The Pac 12 would be embarrassed for these officials.

Al's two penalties were awful on his part. He knows the refs were told to enforce that strongly this year. But he still waddled his fat *** out there.

I guess those were bad calls too?

# refs not # ****** coaching

In that underachiever's first 4+ years I don't think we've ever been hit more than once for a sideline warning in a game. They hit us with 3 in one game..Their cheating really knew no bounds. They gave their punt returner an extra three yards on a fair catch in the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's how I feel. Defending Golden feels weird, but had his team not manhandled Nebraska for most of the game, we'd have lost that game.

Dobards hold was bs.

And neither am I. We've been an absolute awful team with penalties under Golden and deservedly so, but tonight, the 4th quarter, the refs were ******** the game up with their officiating. A pancake is a hold now, a shoulder to the back with neither players helmet touching the other player anywhere is a targeting now, I can chalk Scott's catch up to judgement at first, but the review showed the football moves, the tuck, and going to the ground with possession, but still, let's not count that.

So let's only count the two TD's taken off the board in the 4th, the running into the punter when our guys is hit by 3 Huskers in his plant leg which is roughing by rule, then Golden is flagged for hurting the official's feelings for being upset at the call. Let's count how Nebraska didn't get called for a hold one time when they were literally tackling our pass rushers when they got any leverage. Defending Al is weird, but in this case, I have to. The Pac 12 would be embarrassed for these officials.

The call on dobard was bs. Sunny pancaked the dude. You could call those on every play. They roughed our punter. If that's UM, we get a roughing.
Bush led and hit with his shoulder pad. 15 yard late hit? Yes.
Our dline never gets held. It's amazing.

In that underachiever's first 4+ years I don't think we've ever been hit more than once for a sideline warning in a game. They hit us with 3 in one game..Their cheating really knew on bounds. They gave their punt returner an extra three yards on a fair catch in the the 4th quarter.

Also, I've never seen THAT many 'Illegal Formation - Five Men In The Backfield' penalties in one quarter. What was it? Four? Five?

Sorry *** refs.

Advertisement
Al's two penalties were awful on his part. He knows the refs were told to enforce that strongly this year. But he still waddled his fat *** out there.

# refs not # ****ty coaching

Well, at least he showed some balls,a dne energy and got ****ed off. I would have been furious if he didn't. I still am at the reffing. You aren't?

The call on dobard was bs. Sunny pancaked the dude. You could call those on every play. They roughed our punter. If that's UM, we get a roughing.
Bush led and hit with his shoulder pad. 15 yard late hit? Yes.
Our dline never gets held. It's amazing.
even with all that we still should have crushed them. we cant control refs but we should be able to control our play. the team looked lost out there the whole 4th

Completely agree. Golden HAS to know the rules. He cost the team 2 first downs. One kept a Nebraska drive alive which resulted in a TD and the running into the kicker would have resulted in a first down if not for Golden's penalty. The announcers were rightfully ripping him for it too.

Completely agree. Golden HAS to know the rules. He cost the team 2 first downs. One kept a Nebraska drive alive which resulted in a TD and the running into the kicker would have resulted in a first down if not for Golden's penalty. The announcers were rightfully ripping him for it too.

No it wouldn't have. It would have just offset the illegal formation penalty from the previous attempt.

Advertisement
Back