I can't find a scenario where we DON'T win the Coastal

citizenkane

Redshirt Freshman
After watching this abortion, there is no way we can lose the coastal.

UNC has no defense to speak of.
Pitt and Virginia look average.
Duke is Duke
VT get dominated by the OLLLLLLD Dominion.
Georgia Tech should drop football after that disaster last night.

Barring an implosion or catastrophic injuries, we have to win the Coastal this year. PERIOD!

Advertisement
Actually, the ACC seems to be much better then I had thought. I now don’t think it’ll be as easy of a road then I originally thought.

Still, with that said. We have more then enough talent, and the staff to get to the ACC championship. Injuries will be key.

Advertisement

Duke is Duke

Barring an implosion or catastrophic injuries, we have to win the Coastal this year. PERIOD!
GT played hard last night, and the defense was tough and without the 2 special team mistakes Clemson would have been lucky to win

Advertisement
Hydro you have a another account?
Avoiding Issa Rae GIF by Insecure on HBO

Duke is Duke

Maybe the last 15 years of scenarios will help you out.

Advertisement
UNC game is gonna be a challenge and then it may come down to the last game of the season. We can't start ACC play with a L. But we are gonna be tested v Texas A&M and I expected massive improvements again after the bye week.

I rather take the season 1 game at a time than continuously worry about what things mean in a long term way.

Advertisement

Duke is Duke

Losing at Clemson and ****ing away a standard ACC game (at Virginia, letdown against FSU, fall to Pitt in season finale, etc.) can be the culprit.

Pitt has Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, @louisville, @North Carolina, Syracuse, @Virginia, Duke and @Miami.

Coastal could very easily come down to Pittsburgh at Miami, where a Panthers win (putting UM at 6-2 in the division) would cost UM a shot in the championship.

Miami has looked like a clear-cut Coastal favorite many times and found a way to **** the bed. Until they prove they can win the winnable ACC games they need to prevail in, history isn't in the Canes' favor—now 1-for-17 in reaching the conference title game and 0-for-18 in winning the ACC.

Also, the Panthers are no juggernaut—but they look better than "average" and Virginia is always a tough out in Charlottesville, Miami 3-5 there since joining the conference in 2004, I believe.

Duke is Duke

Joo talkeng crazee mang.

What does Clemson have to do with the coastal.

Losing to Clemson counts as an ACC loss—and if Miami stumbles elsewhere, an easy scenario where 6-2 isn't enough to take the division.

Look at Miami's 1-for-18 record in Coastal Division titles for further proof of if it can go wrong, it will scenarios over the years.

Need to win head-to-head against the biggest division threats, which are North Carolina, Pittsburgh and possibly Virginia.

Based on schedule, could very easily see the Tar Heels or Panthers being one-loss teams (in conference) if either can beat the Canes.

Upside, both games are in Miami—but at Clemson and road games in Charlottesville always loom big (Miami now 3-5 at Virginia since 2004).

Advertisement
Back