I can't believe Michigan sucked so bad

paksat

Junior
Banned
pathetic showing, anyone else surprised at how that game went?

I felt for sure uga was gonna have a hard time moving the ball on them but just LOL at all of that. Terrible showing, and it makes me cast an even more watchful eye towards ryan day and osu over there in the north.

uga could have went into a wishbone offense if it wanted to, man i'm still steamed about that game. Turned it off halfway through the second quarter and passed out cuz sec sec sec. Man what happened to this sport? No parity at all and I know it's not shocking but damnit we are losing our sport.

Advertisement
Advertisement
pathetic showing, anyone else surprised at how that game went?

I felt for sure uga was gonna have a hard time moving the ball on them but just LOL at all of that. Terrible showing, and it makes me cast an even more watchful eye towards ryan day and osu over there in the north.

uga could have went into a wishbone offense if it wanted to, man i'm still steamed about that game. Turned it off halfway through the second quarter and passed out cuz sec sec sec. Man what happened to this sport? No parity at all and I know it's not shocking but damnit we are losing our sport.
I thought they'd do MUCH better in the trenches, **** I thought they'd improved their speed on the edge as well (knew they'd still have a disadvantage there but not to that extent). I was definitely wrong. I would say we've lost the sport, we're not losing it. USC and Miami HAVE to come back or it won't get better.

Advertisement
Bad match up as well for Michigan.
UGA’s defensive strength is stopping the run, and Michigan depends on its run to set up the pass. Michigan does not have dynamic receivers so they aren’t winning 1 on 1 match ups against SEC corner backs. if you noticed, UGA had 10 guys within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage with only 1 safety back. UGA was not worried about being beaten deep so they could devote a lot of people to stopping the run.
In the Big 10 Michigan’s receivers are better than most of the corner backs they face so the Big 10 defenses can’t load up to stop the run.

Bama was able to dismantle UGA by just passing. UGA has to play zone to deal with the speed of the Bama receivers and Bryce Young can pick the zone apart. UGA will have to play man to man underneath with 2 safeties over the top against Bama and hope that they can stop the run with 7 to have any chance of beating Bama.

Nor really surprised tbh. Georgia recruits a different breed of athlete. Considering a battle of two head corches and unspectacular qb's I thought it'd be closer than a blowout but Michigan looked slow and unimpressive overall. The poor gameplan and lack of downfield passing game made it a mismatch. Lanning and Schumann had those boys ready to go and they took care of business.

Advertisement
UGA has a good defense and capitalizes on teams that don’t have great qb play and turn th ball over. Bama has great qb play and doesn’t turn the ball over much. And Bama also has a legit defense that’s almost as good as UGA. Their defense didn’t play consistently great this year but they are still in championship game and they are that good now. I honestly don’t see much of a different game than the sec champ game. Bama didn’t completely dominate them because it was some fluke. That’s a reason UGA didn’t look bad against anyone else they just don’t match up well with the very best offenses in the country meaning Bama and Ohio state. Ohio state would’ve given them trouble cause they have a dynamic passing attack.

Georgia played that SEC Championship game like they knew they were in the playoffs. D line barely tried in that game. Go ahead and watch it. It was all a plan to get 2 SEC teams in the playoff. Then OF COURSE they get split up in the semis. The SEC is that corrupt.

Now all that said. are the 2 best teams in the Championship? Yes Probably.

Now that said, just because Georgia and Bama r are the 2 best teams in the Country doesnt automatically make everyone else in the SEC good.

Tenn
Kent
Florida
Aub
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Miss
Texas A n m
Whoever else; are all middling teams, the only difference with those teams is they have 3 letters attached to their name.

S
E
C

I am convinced if you swap the SEC East with ACC Coastal, those ACC Coastal teams would have that SEC cache.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back