I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

Thank you all for the well wishes. I was in a weird place in this recruitment in that I felt UM was the best place for Jalen but I couldn’t push him too hard because in the end it’s his life to live. So I tried to present facts and info on both sides and just equip him with information.
But I always felt UM’s offensive style combined with Coach L’s coaching methods were perfect for Jalen.

I will add more soon about how well UM recruited Jalen relative to other schools
So now you can officially say, "Welcome to the U "

Advertisement
Congrats @AtlAtty !!! This is amazing. You must be over the moon right now! I know I am. Blackmon, Pack, and Bethea is a heck of a guard rotation
Its amazing. I just wish we already knew the schedule so I can start buying plane tickets.
To have a family member play at the school you love is more than I could have asked for.

Its amazing. I just wish we already knew the schedule so I can start buying plane tickets.
To have a family member play at the school you love is more than I could have asked for.
Expecting him to average 35 this year. If it’s anything less that’s on you.

Congrats tho! Dream come true for you. Great stuff.

Advertisement
If you had started dropping bags sooner, we wouldn't have had to sweat it out like this

Fr though, congrats to you and your family. This seems like a great match, and we'll all be rooting for him.

Advertisement
Wasnt super productive as a freshman but he’s exactly what we’re missing in the rotation and he’d have 3 years left to play to boot
Only played 8 per game. He would double that total in Miami. Like the idea of bringing a Florida kid home, too.

Advertisement

Kid is an absolute bucket getter and one of the best pure scorers that will play for Miami in some years. Scored 43 points against Austin Peay last month and hit 8 3's in another game against Bellarmine. 2 point FG% could be a bit higher (43%) but went 38% from 3 and is a career 90% FT shooter.

THIS is what i been saying we were missing, when wong left we had no one who can consistently get downhill and create consistent advantages for himself and his teammates. And he can shoot off the catch, on the move and off the dribble. Looks like a complete scorer and can playmake

Advertisement
THIS is what i been saying we were missing, when wong left we had no one who can consistently get downhill and create consistent advantages for himself and his teammates. And he can shoot off the catch, on the move and off the dribble. Looks like a complete scorer and can playmake
I’m biased of course but I think Jalen has as good a mid range jumper as anyone in college basketball. He had a great coach/trainer/parent in his dad who taught all his boys how to score at all 3 levels and with both hands.

Last edited:
I’m biased on course but I think Jalen has as good a mid range jumper as anyone in college basketball. He had a great coach/trainer/parent in his dad who taught all his boys how to score at all 3 levels and with both hands.
I can tell he doesn’t looked rushed at all he’s playing at his pace and isn’t wasting movements to get to his spots. Looks like a very versatile offensive weapon, him and pack will play off each other well. Good game for bethea to learn from too

I can tell he doesn’t looked rushed at all he’s playing at his pace and isn’t wasting movements to get to his spots. Looks like a very versatile offensive weapon, him and pack will play off each other well. Good game for bethea to learn from too
You can’t speed him up.
His challenge, like most players, is against long, athletic defenders like Stephon Castle at UConn who they played in round 1 of the tourney.
Which is why I thought him going to Northwestern and playing iso-ball was a mistake compared to UM where shots are distributed more evenly.

Bethea is obviously a superior athlete to Jalen and Pack, hence the 5 star rating. But if Bethea is willing to work on his skills like those 2 then the sky is the limit.

Advertisement
Back