I can confirm Miami is working hard on transfers right now..

Omier would make this as pretty great team.

Without him we still need 2 more very solid depth pieces.
Omier didn't really fit the roster once Johnson and Kidd were added and it was clear Cleveland was going to return. We absolutely need another rotational 4/5 to spell Kidd

Advertisement
IMG_9264.gif

Thank you all for the well wishes. I was in a weird place in this recruitment in that I felt UM was the best place for Jalen but I couldn’t push him too hard because in the end it’s his life to live. So I tried to present facts and info on both sides and just equip him with information.
But I always felt UM’s offensive style combined with Coach L’s coaching methods were perfect for Jalen.

I will add more soon about how well UM recruited Jalen relative to other schools

Well we got taller with potentially more scoring and depth now because it seems like Bethea will be coming off the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coach L brought in another guy before this is all said and done.

Seems like we're right back in the top 4 in the ACC.

Well we got taller with potentially more scoring and depth now because it seems like Bethea will be coming off the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coach L brought in another guy before this is all said and done.

Seems like we're right back in the top 4 in the ACC.
Need to sure up the frontcourt

Advertisement
Pops was runner up to Steve Alford for Indiana High School Player of The Year. Good genes.

Pops was runner up to Steve Alford for Indiana High School Player of The Year. Good genes.
Yes he was and still feels he was robbed. Alford was the pre-season player of the year and James felt that once Alford was on the magazine covers the dye was cast. The 2 of them remained on good terms. When they played 2 games as Indiana All-stars against the Kentucky All-stars, Alford was given the #1 jersey since he was the player of the year. When they played the game in Kentucky, Alford gave the #1 jersey to James since he was going to UK.

But if ever introduced you to James, trust me when I tell you that the 2 of you can have a 20 minute conversation on this issue.

Advertisement
Well it’s nice to know coach L was willing to tear it all down and rebuild it for this season… definitely feel like he didn’t like the core group he had last year
The core group from last season just didn't fit together as well as he(or anyone else) thought. Wong and Miller made the entire thing work, once they were gone, you saw the holes in the configuration. Injuries didn't help and once things fell apart, there wasn't anyone there to stop it.

The core group from last season just didn't fit together as well as he(or anyone else) thought. Wong and Miller made the entire thing work, once they were gone, you saw the holes in the configuration. Injuries didn't help and once things fell apart, there wasn't anyone there to stop it.
Agreed. Nice to know coach L isn’t in retirement mode just collecting a check… this offseason he’s definitely been working to get it right

Advertisement
Thank you all for the well wishes. I was in a weird place in this recruitment in that I felt UM was the best place for Jalen but I couldn’t push him too hard because in the end it’s his life to live. So I tried to present facts and info on both sides and just equip him with information.
But I always felt UM’s offensive style combined with Coach L’s coaching methods were perfect for Jalen.

I will add more soon about how well UM recruited Jalen relative to other schools

Congrats!!

Advertisement

I would like to proactively declare Jalen as a cultural fit, goes to class, doesn't have off the court problems and did not hold Miami hostage...

Let's try to give him a few weeks before the protect the shield attacks filter in..... :cool:

I am ******* thrilled for you @AtlAtty !!!

Advertisement
Back