I can’t believe I’m actuary starting a uniform thread, but....

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)
Are we looking at a possible alternate helmet for LSU or whenever they trot out the alternate uniform this year?

2B9503D4-647F-4790-9730-0B16F164B2E9.jpeg

Someone sent me this to ask if I had heard anything. It’s a Riddell mini helmet that is being sold in retail sites. My friend collects these and said that all the other officially licensed mini helmets are based on actual helmets used in actual games. I thought it might be that “ice” abomination we wore at Cincinnati, but it isn’t.

Have we ever worn this? I sure don’t remember it.

So, anybody out there that is familiar with the alternates this year?

It’s not a big deal, but I just thought maybe it’s possible that the cat was let out of the bag by licensing the style and Riddell putting it out on sale for retail earlier than it should’ve been, i.e. when it was introduced at an actual game.

Advertisement
Dear God...I hope not

It might be.

If it actually is an alternate then it’s a major fūckup by Riddell in conjunction whoever gave them, or communicated to them, the logistics of putting this up for retail sale. It’s officially an NCAA licensed item, so I’ll blame those 2 parties if that’s the case.

Whether it’s liked or not, this is one of those things that the equipment room and Adidas likes to introduce before the general public has seen it.

Advertisement
How's a guy like me supposed to continue daydreaming about this game if I don't even know what uniforms we're going to be wearing??
I need finality on this subject pronto..

Advertisement
I'm old school as **** and don't care for the one-off special uni's or helmets. Prefer that we stay with our white helmets with the classic U and white uni's with green and orange adornments. I also dislike the all one color uni's either green or orange.

I realllllllllly hope we don't go with an alternate uni for LSU.

Advertisement
It’s definitely odd looking, but what I like less is when they mess with the :neonu: which they didn’t do here.

Some of our alternates that messed with the U like the ice white ones were just plain wrong. That U should always be orange and green. If you want to wear a U T-shirt with a camo U, fine, but don’t change from orange and green on the helmets as far as the symbol of our university goes. That defeats the purpose of the branding.

Advertisement
Someone mentioned in another thread about a lot of grey t-shirts being sold by Adidas this year. Not sure if it’s the norm or has correlation

I heard About a Silver helmet with a white face mask on tos. Maybe this is where that rumor came from

I don't feel to good.

Between this (which is fine) and the blue cleats Adidas is in for a ****up. I just feel it.. Like when they put us in all black uniform with brown socks/cleats when they could have just gone with green sock/cleats.

Advertisement
Back