I can’t believe I’m actuary starting a uniform thread, but....

I like it. It would be super dope to see our kids fly through the smoke wearing that bad boy..

White Jersey with orange pants, or maybe monochromatic anthracite gear (like the Army AA uniforms) with orange numbers.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Are we looking at a possible alternate helmet for LSU or whenever they trot out the alternate uniform this year?

View attachment 62301
Someone sent me this to ask if I had heard anything. It’s a Riddell mini helmet that is being sold in retail sites. My friend collects these and said that all the other officially licensed mini helmets are based on actual helmets used in actual games. I thought it might be that “ice” abomination we wore at Cincinnati, but it isn’t.

Have we ever worn this? I sure don’t remember it.

So, anybody out there that is familiar with the alternates this year?

It’s not a big deal, but I just thought maybe it’s possible that the cat was let out of the bag by licensing the style and Riddell putting it out on sale for retail earlier than it should’ve been, i.e. when it was introduced at an actual game.
I think you're onto something Watson, great investigative work.
Regardless, I'd like to order one for my office if they're available in white.

Why would we want anything different from our stuff from the glory days? That is “alternative” to losing.

Those chrome mini helmets have been around for years.

They have them for every major team.

LOL - I was thinking my friend stumbled onto a major screwup. This would be the first time I’m aware that Riddell’s done an alternate mini that hadn’t been used in the real world I’m told.

But probably they just decided to do a chrome like this...but why? Can’t really see the attraction in someone buying an imaginary alternate. But retailers also sell these, so yea, I guess people do actually buy hideous shlt

F6CF77A0-01B4-48B3-A5AE-90F9146FA7CE.jpeg

Advertisement
As long as they aren’t as bad as the ones from the 2014 Labor Day game at Louisville. Those were frickin horrendous.

gross

why would you finally give us the better jerseys ever only to not wear them in the first game

is anyone that stupid?

Advertisement
These helmets are going to look amazing with the new Adidas UltraWool fabric jerseys

When Oregon preimered the chrome look in their Rose Bowl game I thought it was cool as ****. But like everything else once everyone does it the cool factor is gone.
Now it comes off as lame

Why not leave the helmet alone and just either ice out the face mask or have the face mask all gold? It still leaves the classic helmet alone but adds a touch of Miami swag. (i.e. Sean Taylor’s visor). What y’all think? I think this is at MOST what we could do to the helmets as an alternate and would be Hot! How to get Adidas’s attention?!?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The black alternates were cool, but I don’t think we’d look good with a lot of the suggestions I’ve seen. Just stick to the traditional look and break out the black uniforms once a year.

But the merch!

Somebody gets it.

Adidas is in the business of making money.

If it happens, the ultimate goal is a big bump in Hurricanes merchandise sales. We don’t have to like it, but that’s how it works.

That doesn’t mean people shouldn’t criticize the look if they don’t like it, but believe me Adidas wants everyone to love the look, and for everyone to buy more t-shirts, shoes, socks, jerseys, etc.

It’s never going away. That’s why these companies sign schools for large amounts of money, they have to get their end, too. I may like or not like a design, but I have no problem with them doing this.

And honestly, I like this way of merchandising better than some of the alternatives, like what they do with soccer, racing, and other sports, with players being walking ads.

Advertisement
Back