I’m not reading any other threads.

Advertisement
Some wanted to pay Trob all the money but the secondary is the same old same old. Let's not forget he compared Ivey to Jaycee Horn. He must not know who he's coaching. Either that's a serious error in judgement or he's as clueless as the head corch.

SSDD in **** near all other threads. Fire Manny. Fire Lashlee. This guy sucks. That guy sucks. D game plan sucked. O game plan sucked. Errthing and errbody sucks.

That about covers it so all other threads can be closed.

Some wanted to pay Trob all the money but the secondary is the same old same old. Let's not forget he compared Ivey to Jaycee Horn. He must not know who he's coaching. Either that's a serious error in judgement or he's as clueless as the head corch.
TRob’s job isn’t really to fix Ivey. It’s to replace him with talented CBs.

Advertisement
This is dumb. We got raped thoroughly up front. We will never be anything until we fix this. Where has OL and DL recruiting been the past several years? We haven’t recruited enough to fix it.

This program is irrelevant and we’re nowhere close to being back.

Off the top of my head, the ‘no TD then 95 yard bomb’ made it look worse than it was. (Hard to type that bc we got dominated in the 1st half). But it could’ve been 27-10 and we could’ve made them work a little harder. But that was a beat down. Outclassed. As OP said, most teams would be.
It was. It still didn't feel as outmatched physically as we were at Clemson. This felt like an outmatching at game plan and coaching. Conservative on offense and conservative in coverage. There was no wrinkles to the base offense. I wanted Chaney on a wheel route. Throw a screen to him. A little more creativity would've helped king alot.

I did not see a team that was psychically overmatched. I saw an organization who was more stubborn than smart. Why would you come out playing like you have equal talent? Running up the middle and playing soft zone is the opposite of what i expected. What we saw in the second half, spread offense and aggressively attacking the line of scrimmage is what it would’ve taken to keep this respectable. I didn’t expect a win, I just thought our coaches would do better.

I don’t have to point out the guys who aren’t good enough. The young talent is where it’s at on this team and hopefully manny realizes that sooner than later.

I think this game would’ve been much closer had we scored at the 1 on 4thdown. Non the less the season isn’t lost and we can still win the coastal. Someone on this board said we can’t go from losing to fiu and la tech to beating Bama in 2 yrs and that’s facts. Gotta take it one step at a time. When the 21 class are JR and SR we’ll be able to compete in these type of games.

Advertisement
If this was his first bad loss, no one would care, but this happens year after year.
There is no rational way to spin this game or manny’s performance as HC to date. Any attempts to sunshine pump this are 1) retarded or 2) a paid shill.

We are program that got famous off having world class WRs, RBs, and DBs. We have pumped out trash at those positions for 10-15 years. Our best WR over the last ten years got his neck broken; that’s how cursed we are.

I look forward to Manny proving me wrong, but I don’t think we have recruited at a level to be much more than a 9-3 type teamed with the decided schematic disadvantage in charge.

TRob’s job isn’t really to fix Ivey. It’s to replace him with talented CBs.
HIs reputation is not only that of a recruiter. So yes, I expected at least some semi competence. At first the narrative was Ivey looked the best all camp / our best corner and now it's there's no fixing Ivey.

Last edited:
I did not see a team that was psychically overmatched. I saw an organization who was more stubborn than smart. Why would you come out playing like you have equal talent? Running up the middle and playing soft zone is the opposite of what i expected. What we saw in the second half, spread offense and aggressively attacking the line of scrimmage is what it would’ve taken to keep this respectable. I didn’t expect a win, I just thought our coaches would do better.

I don’t have to point out the guys who aren’t good enough. The young talent is where it’s at on this team and hopefully manny realizes that sooner than later.

I think this game would’ve been much closer had we scored at the 1 on 4thdown. Non the less the season isn’t lost and we can still win the coastal. Someone on this board said we can’t go from losing to fiu and la tech to beating Bama in 2 yrs and that’s facts. Gotta take it one step at a time. When the 21 class are JR and SR we’ll be able to compete in these type of games.
I thought the OL was clearly outmatched. Particularly RT, RG, and specifically C.

DL got bullied when it mattered and generated no pressure until the game was past over.

They played soft zone because they knew they didn’t have the straight line speed or hips to play tight. They also played off with no rush to see if a rookie QB could throw. They found out quickly he could.

As for the dives, I can assure you running to the edge would have faired far worse. In any event, I think they like the inside run to draw in backers when they go screen or quick slant.

HIs reputation is not only that of a recruiter. So yes, I expected at least some semi competence. At first the narrative was Ivey looked the best all camp / our best corner and now it's there's no fixing Ivey.
LOL that’s his exact reputation. He’s one of the best DB recruiters in the south.

Advertisement
The gators used to constantly complain about his development skills. Someone with more knowledege than me can disagree, but that is what they said on the Gates board, and that was when he was coaching for them. not after.

LOL that’s his exact reputation. He’s one of the best DB recruiters in the south.
*not only*

The gators used to constantly complain about his development skills. Someone with more knowledege than me can disagree, but that is what they said on the Gates board, and that was when he was coaching for them. not after.
You wouldn’t get that impression after reading off-season CIS. “Is this what it’s like to have real coaching?” Just your regularly scheduled offseason sunshine pumping.

Last edited:
If this was his first bad loss, no one would care, but this happens year after year.
It’s year 3 for the man. If he is garbage after this season, he will most likely get canned. Folden and RADIO got their 3 years. You going to fire the man now? And get who? Who is available right now or after the season who will compete with the same 4 top CFB teams every year? I’m going to remain optimistic these coaches will put these kids in position to do well the rest of the season. Game 1 and I enjoy watching CFB. I ain’t going to throw all to **** after one game. If the man folds against this schedule, then F it, but there still a season to play for.

Advertisement
You are looking at this all wrong. It’s about everybody that complained about the reasonable takes, that said we would get blown out. And now those same people are saying, “well what did you expect,” etc. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t sunshine pump and call everyone who said the truth, is a troll or a cuck and then act like it never happened.
There's a difference between reasonable takes and predicting a losing season. It was the pure moping that was annoying.

98% believed there was a reasonable chance of us losing, but they were optimistic. I said we have a puncher's chance because of the unknowns. That's what most have said.

It’s year 3 for the man. If he is garbage after this season, he will most likely get canned. Folden and RADIO got their 3 years. You going to fire the man now? And get who? Who is available right now or after the season who will compete with the same 4 top CFB teams every year? I’m going to remain optimistic these coaches will put these kids in position to do well the rest of the season. Game 1 and I enjoy watching CFB. I ain’t going to throw all to **** after one game. If the man folds against this schedule, then F it, but there still a season to play for.

I can tell by your username you are going to be incredibly biased. So I'm not going to debate with you.

Advertisement
Back