I’m not reading any other threads.

If we fire Diaz then we just prolong our cycle of being a mid tier ACC coastal team. Our best bet is to see how it plays out for a good 3-4 more years as long as it doesn’t get to losing to FIU bad again.

The process is simple, recruit well and win the coastal and win your bowl game. Then you consistently win the coastal and compete more and more with Clemson in title game and keep trying to close that gap. The Clemson ACC title game should be our championship until we are good enough to beat them and can aim for a national championship.

Let’s be real though. We aren’t winning an ACC title or NCAA title for another 5 years or more, our rebuild is going to take time and it’s going to require us and other schools to chip away at the massive blue chip advantage Bama, Clemson, UGA, and OSU have over everyone else. We can definitely be a top 10 team for the time being, but we aren’t sniffing Bamas jock strap for a few more years (optimistic).

Advertisement
If we fire Diaz then we just prolong our cycle of being a mid tier ACC coastal team. Our best bet is to see how it plays out for a good 3-4 more years as long as it doesn’t get to losing to FIU bad again.

The process is simple, recruit well and win the coastal and win your bowl game. Then you consistently win the coastal and compete more and more with Clemson in title game and keep trying to close that gap. The Clemson ACC title game should be our championship until we are good enough to beat them and can aim for a national championship.

Let’s be real though. We aren’t winning an ACC title or NCAA title for another 5 years or more, our rebuild is going to take time and it’s going to require us and other schools to chip away at the massive blue chip advantage Bama, Clemson, UGA, and OSU have over everyone else. We can definitely be a top 10 team for the time being, but we aren’t sniffing Bamas jock strap for a few more years (optimistic).
LOL you have to see progress before committing to another 5 years of this ****. You can see right now there is an 85% chance Diaz isn’t the guy. Good coaches turn things around in 2/3 years. If Diaz wins out or gets 10 and a bowl win then we can talk but this team is closer to 7-5 than a major bowl appearance.

LOL you have to see progress before committing to another 5 years of this ****. You can see right now there is an 85% chance Diaz isn’t the guy. Good coaches turn things around in 2/3 years. If Diaz wins out or gets 10 and a bowl win then we can talk but this team is closer to 7-5 than a major bowl appearance.
You have your opinion, which i think is bad and overreacting, and i have mine. You can’t name me a coach available that we can hire that would give us better results than Diaz can right now and that’s just a fact. Our fans beloved cristobal almost lost to ******* Fresno State and everyone else would just be a shot in the dark and a prayer to be the next best thing…. Which even if we hit on a up and coming HC, they will leave within a year or 2 of positive seasons and revert us back to mediocrity… we NEED Diaz to succeed here whether you mopes like it or not.

Advertisement
I thought the OL was clearly outmatched. Particularly RT, RG, and specifically C.

DL got bullied when it mattered and generated no pressure until the game was past over.

They played soft zone because they knew they didn’t have the straight line speed or hips to play tight. They also played off with no rush to see if a rookie QB could throw. They found out quickly he could.

As for the dives, I can assure you running to the edge would have faired far worse. In any event, I think they like the inside run to draw in backers when they go screen or quick slant.
Gaynor has always been a weak link and a scaife got abused by nfl DEs. I expected us to chip those ends more but I get your point.

DL did not generate much pressure but what do you expect with Neal on one side and Mccloud rushing on the other side. Not that 13 makes much of a difference but 33 & 12 held their own.

I get the dbs not having the hips or speed to play press. 26, 21 and 8 need to play WAY less than 24, 0 and 23.

All in all, yes we are far from Bamas talent but Manny and Lashlee need to get their heads out of they’re asses and play to their strengths on both sides of the ball.

On a positive note, our Lbs are better than we thought.

There's a difference between reasonable takes and predicting a losing season. It was the pure moping that was annoying.

98% believed there was a reasonable chance of us losing, but they were optimistic. I said we have a puncher's chance because of the unknowns. That's what most have said.
People put up predictions that said we had no chance and would lose by 30 and got blasted for it. We got dominated and pushed around like children from kick. Those people were right. The ones who were wrong will do the same, over and over and still get preferential treatment. There is no room for realism here.

Advertisement
OSU and A&M got beat down by bama last year too. My beef is Manny plays upper classmen who arent good. on a positive note, we have young kids who showed they can play with bama.
I saw JW playing towards the end… never saw LT

figured since Johnson and co weren’t giving much pass rush we’d at least give him a look

You have your opinion, which i think is bad and overreacting, and i have mine. You can’t name me a coach available that we can hire that would give us better results than Diaz can right now and that’s just a fact. Our fans beloved cristobal almost lost to ******* Fresno State and everyone else would just be a shot in the dark and a prayer to be the next best thing…. Which even if we hit on a up and coming HC, they will leave within a year or 2 of positive seasons and revert us back to mediocrity… we NEED Diaz to succeed here whether you mopes like it or not.
I can’t name a coach because the game has moved past us economically. Mario would 59th on my list so miss me with that. The reality is there isn’t any point getting upset. We are somewhere above wake and probably below UNC for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
People put up predictions that said we had no chance and would lose by 30 and got blasted for it. We got dominated and pushed around like children from kick. Those people were right. The ones who were wrong will do the same, over and over and still get preferential treatment. There is no room for realism here.
You're not wrong, but a big part is because it's a Canes fan site and trolls come here just to post that sort of thing. Do fans of the team honestly want to go on a site that constantly puts the team down? Who would stay with a girlfriend who constantly pointed out your every flaw?

That's not to say live with your head in the sand, but there has to be a balance.

If Lashlee gets his head out his ***, we should be fine. We won’t face this level talent for the rest of the year.

We just aren’t in Bama’s radius at this time. If people were honest, they would have expected worse than today

Will that ever happen? Remember, we wished if Folden would fire D'Onofrio , it would make us better.
Some things just don't happen...

You're not wrong, but a big part is because it's a Canes fan site and trolls come here just to post that sort of thing. Do fans of the team honestly want to go on a site that constantly puts the team down? Who would stay with a girlfriend who constantly pointed out your every flaw?

That's not to say live with your head in the sand, but there has to be a balance.
80% of this board has their head in the sand. And just bc somebody puts the team down doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to post. If they are right, they should be commended. For the most part this should be purely a fan site. But without facts it’s worthless.

Advertisement
OSU and A&M got beat down by bama last year too. My beef is Manny plays upper classmen who arent good. on a positive note, we have young kids who showed they can play with bama.
i need highlights cause i didnt watch it after 20-0 i wasnt putting myself through that

I can’t name a coach because the game has moved past us economically. Mario would 59th on my list so miss me with that. The reality is there isn’t any point getting upset. We are somewhere above wake and probably below UNC for the foreseeable future.
Yea so miss me with any fire the HC talk because that would literally make us worse for years to come. Also i still believe we are 2nd/3rd in ACC and 1/2 in Coastal. We just played the likely back to back national champs with 34% more blue chips than us or some ****. Their RB weighed more than our LBs and still runs a 4.5 most likely…. So what we witnessed today shouldn’t happen until maybe Clemson in ACC title game

THANK YOU!!! No shame in getting blown out but we didn’t put our best players on the field. Atleast the young guys who did play can learn a lot from this game.

Advertisement
Back