I’m home

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gerald Willis is signed with Ariz and Co. Surprise surprise.
tenor (2).gif

Going through this thread clarifies 2 things to me: You guys don't want to see people progress if it doesn't benefit you directly and there's a lot of weirdos on this site. Make your money Peter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The disliking for Pete here is not based on the fact he left to pursue a different professional goal.

It's also not all real. Nothing wrong with trolling a troll.

Look, Pete brought lots of good times to this site. He made it something it probably would not have been without his input. It turns out, he had an opportunity to turn his connects, skills and knowledge that he gained here into an opportunity with practically unlimited upside. There are definitely some signs that he may not have shown 100% solid ethics in his first year where he's at now, but I don't think any of us know 100% for fact what happened there. One thing I don't doubt is that he is 100% Cane fan. I also have a pretty good feeling that his fandom for himself and for money comes before his fandom for the Canes. How many of us can really say we wouldn't be the same?

Look, if you want to hate on Ariz and have some fun with it, I'm right there with you. If just the mere sight of his name gets your blood pressure up for the rest of the day, then you're giving him way too much credit and letting him live in your head rent free, which is just what he wants. If that's the case, I strongly urge you to find a way to get over it.

All of that said..., Pete who?

Advertisement
Correct. So it's not about people here not wanting to see another progress, which is what you said above.

That's not basis of what I said, that's only part of it. I stated "you guys don't want to see people progress if it doesn't benefit you directly.

That's not basis of what I said, that's only part of it. I stated "you guys don't want to see people progress if it doesn't benefit you directly.
Ok, let me try again then...

Correct. So it's not about people here not wanting to see another progress if it doesn't benefit them directly, which is what you said above.

I'm being a wise a-s, Cane4Life, but my point is that people don't have anger towards Pete simply because he decided to join a sports agency. I'm an entrepreneur myself and I think it's great anytime someone pursues their dreams. The animosity towards him stems from the widely shared sentiment that his agency intentionally mislead those two families in order to get them to declare so that they could make a quick buck off them. The advisory committee and everyone with a pulse told Rocky and Kendrick they would not be drafted highly, at all. Yet the rumors are certain people (you can choose yourself who you think certain people are) blatantly lied to them that they were locks to be drafted highly, that bogus advice (which whoever told it to them unquestionably knew it was self-serving bogus advice.... i.e. lies) played a large part in Norton choosing to leave and in turn lead to Rocky also choosing to leave, and in doing so really hurt both of their earning potential. Look at where they both currently are now. Yes, Rocky got hurt, but Norton made a terrible decision to leave and, sadly, he made end up down the Joe Yearby road. I hope not, but he's struggling to stay in the league right now. If this rumor is true (and of course, I don't know for sure as I don't have any first-hand knowledge, but there was a **** of a lot of smoke about it!) then I'd think you'd understand that the resentment isn't about people here not wanting to see another person progress if it doesn't benefit them.

Advertisement
Back