I’d rather lose to NC State...

I'll tell you what, you need to spend some money on a banner truck to drive around your house telling you not to start stupid threads.

Don't type dumb **** and then get all uppity about everyone else reading your garbage porsts.

Tyler is hurt. He has three different injuries. And, sure, Emory may be more popular with his teammates.

But Tyler is still our best shot to win. Full stop.

End thread.
Tyler is not our best shot to win, full stop. That’s the only thing this thread is about. He’s figured out, has the yips, is injured etc. He would have lost us the game against Clemson guaranteed, Emory played well enough for us to win it. He almost lost us the Virginia game, and got bailed out by the team. The chances of that happening again are slim. Anyone saying otherwise is just willfully ignoring all objective evidience.

Advertisement
Tyler is not our best shot to win, full stop. That’s the only thing this thread is about. He’s figured out, has the yips, is injured etc. He would have lost us the game against Clemson guaranteed, Emory played well enough for us to win it. He almost lost us the Virginia game, and got bailed out by the team. The chances of that happening again are slim. Anyone saying otherwise is just willfully ignoring all objective evidience.

IMG_3887.jpeg

This is just so bizarre..I like Emory's potential but if that stat line was TVD's from the Clemson game you'd be as apoplectic as you were on Sunday. If the defense didn't play great and we didn't run the ball late most you guys calling for Emory would be calling him a bust.

This is just so bizarre..I like Emory's potential but if that stat line was TVD's from the Clemson game you'd be as apoplectic as you were on Sunday. If the defense didn't play great and we didn't run the ball late most you guys calling for Emory would be calling him a bust.
24-33, 151 YDS, 1 TD, 1 INT vs Clemson

VS

20-33, 163 YDS, 0 TD, 2 INT vs Virginia

And

24-36, 288 YDS, 1 TD, 3 INT vs GT

What’s so bizarre is people still insisting TVD gives us our best shot to win playing worse than a true freshman. No one is saying Emory is guaranteed to be a world beater. TVD just looks that bad. The numbers don’t lie, the eye test doesn’t lie, the team attitude around him doesn’t lie. How many more interceptions does this guy need to throw for folks to admit that?

Advertisement
The purpose of this season is to survive with the most wins, so that we have a positive for use in recruiting sales. In no way, shape, or form do you trade a win for anything this year.

Then again, our "fans" root for FSU, so I'm surprised by nothing anymore.
Your HC traded a win for a few extra yards, but I guess he gets a pass and the same moral support as #9

The fact is TVD is capable of being better because his past has shown us he can be. If he returns to form, he’s much better, especially right now, than any other QB on our roster. Add in that he’s played against FSU various times including at Doak. That would be a lot for Emory.

It’s up to Tyler whether he in fact returns to form however.
How has he done against the team in tally? The board says they want to win but he hasn't proven he can win against the noles. But y'all will find every reason to not play another just to show support for " can't get right"

Thanks for Kam's pick 6 or there would not have been an OT

Advertisement
How has he done against the team in tally? The board says they want to win but he hasn't proven he can win against the noles. But y'all will find every reason to not play another just to show support for " can't get right"
We hadn't proven we could win against Clemson until we did. You can say it was Emory or whatever but what it really was, was the talent gap had been diminished. Emory getting the start on the road, in Tally, when they're the #3 ranked team in the country and that place is buzzing is a tough first road start for Emory. My choice is that he stands on the sideline, soaks it all in, while Tyler is, at minimum, managing the game and not turning the ball over. That doesn't mean you let Tyler throw 3 picks in the first half.

But when Tyler is on, he can make throws that I don't believe Emory can right now, especially in that environment. Watch the tape of the 2021 game up there. Tyler throws two picks and a strip sack in the first quarter. Settles down and makes some very good throws, got bailed out a couple times also gotta stay objective here, but had the game won until the great Defensive Genius Manuela gives up a 1st down on 4th and 14 which leads to the game winning TD for them. Gotta play complimentary football if you want to beat the good teams.

Yes, Tyler IS our best shot to win. Whether you like it or not, TVD is absolutely our best shot to win RIGHT NOW. There is nobody better RIGHT NOW. Emory may be better down the road, but NOT RIGHT NOW.

This bull**** projection about what TVD would have done against Clemson is just a bunch of nonsense. In fact, we probably would have run the ball BETTER against Clemson BECAUSE with a credible passing threat at QB. And don't tell me about those two good passes that Emory threw, everything else was a wounded duck that Colbie Young saved from near-disaster.

The objective evidence is clear. Tyler throws better and farther and more effectively than any other QB on our roster. He has thrown some picks, yes. But he is the only quarterback CURRENTLY who can make a defense play us honestly, without stacking the box against the run.

Those are facts. I hope Tyler heals soon. The finger/ligament injury is the one that concerns me the most, as it clearly is impacting his accuracy and drive on the deeper passes.

He doesn't have "the yips". That's just some bull**** that you made up to explain away the obvious. Tyler is injured, and Mario won't admit it because we have no depth and he doesn't want Tyler to get killed.

Nobody has "figured Tyler out". I guaran-*******-tee you that if we had played Clemson as Game 1, or UVa as Game 1, Tyler would have torn those defenses apart. But without the ability to run and push deep balls down the field with his normal velocity, he is a wounded QB. For now.

And I don't care who the teammates like more, Tyler or Emory. It's not a popularity contest. You have 83 other teammates who just want to win.

And Tyler's still our best QB. For now.

I hope your prediction record continues as it has been so far.

Here’s one of your latest beauties.
Lets see how the this Saturday turns out, both the Clemson and Virgina Game could of easily went in the the loss column, luck prevailed. NC Sate, and FSU will win their games with ease. Expect the Beat downs in both those games.

Advertisement
Lets see how the this Saturday turns out, both the Clemson and Virgina Game could of easily went in the the loss column, luck prevailed. NC Sate, and FSU will win their games with ease. Expect the Beat downs in both those games.

We talking about what if's? or reality? Could've sworn we had the best rushing attack vs Clem and beat a UVA team despite 3 turnovers.

course diss GIF

Yes, Tyler IS our best shot to win. Whether you like it or not, TVD is absolutely our best shot to win RIGHT NOW. There is nobody better RIGHT NOW. Emory may be better down the road, but NOT RIGHT NOW.

This bull**** projection about what TVD would have done against Clemson is just a bunch of nonsense. In fact, we probably would have run the ball BETTER against Clemson BECAUSE with a credible passing threat at QB. And don't tell me about those two good passes that Emory threw, everything else was a wounded duck that Colbie Young saved from near-disaster.

The objective evidence is clear. Tyler throws better and farther and more effectively than any other QB on our roster. He has thrown some picks, yes. But he is the only quarterback CURRENTLY who can make a defense play us honestly, without stacking the box against the run.

Those are facts. I hope Tyler heals soon. The finger/ligament injury is the one that concerns me the most, as it clearly is impacting his accuracy and drive on the deeper passes.

He doesn't have "the yips". That's just some bull**** that you made up to explain away the obvious. Tyler is injured, and Mario won't admit it because we have no depth and he doesn't want Tyler to get killed.

Nobody has "figured Tyler out". I guaran-*******-tee you that if we had played Clemson as Game 1, or UVa as Game 1, Tyler would have torn those defenses apart. But without the ability to run and push deep balls down the field with his normal velocity, he is a wounded QB. For now.

And I don't care who the teammates like more, Tyler or Emory. It's not a popularity contest. You have 83 other teammates who just want to win.

And Tyler's still our best QB. For now.

Well, you just gave Tyler a bunch of excuses because he is injured... what if he is still injured??
Does that change anything?

Advertisement
Is there a reason your're so high on NC State. Not saying they can't mean Mario's Miami but what did they do that has you so sure of them

Advertisement
Back