Hypothetical

TBH, what makes anyone "the guy". Is Dabo the guy this year? Or Orgeron? Took Bobby over 30 years to become "The guy". It is silly. I share ALL the frustration many have with Blake and the coaches. But hoping for failure in order to turn things around is silly. Given zhe choice I'd rather Manny get his ***** together and be "the guy"
Well if you believe he is capable of getting his **** together that's your prerogative.
I respectfully disagree. I don't think anything that he can do this year means anything at all...its just more false hope and we will be in the same place year after year with Manny. Thats why I would rather be be fired but what I want is irrelevant.

Advertisement
One thing for sure, these kids are balling for this dude. IMO, that is worth something right there. Is he a good coach, no. But neither was Butch or Larry. He can recruit though, which is what made the 2000 thru 2005 era happen.
They’re not doing it for him. They’re doing it in spite of him - for themselves and each other.

Frankly, it all went to crap since joining the ACC. Had a friend of mine that played ball at UF tell me that the U would struggle when zhey announced they were joining the ACC. Not just in football, but in all other sports. Thought it was a Gator being a Gator, but he turned out to be prophetic. Because it has been a bear since we joined...
This I’ll agree on.

Advertisement
Canes go 8-4 or 7-5.
Maybe win Coastal
Or simply win bowl game
Do you guys give Manny any credit for keeping team together and salvaging the season or are we still bringing back Butch and Mario?

No I dont... this seasons schedule set up for us to run the coastal and go to the ACC Championship.

Aside from losing to Bama which I had as an L and maybe Michigan St because they seem better than anyone thought they would be, this team should be at worst 5-2 right now and 3-0 in the ACC..

Canes go 8-4 or 7-5.
Maybe win Coastal
Or simply win bowl game
Do you guys give Manny any credit for keeping team together and salvaging the season or are we still bringing back Butch and Mario?
kill them peter dinklage GIF

Canes go 8-4 or 7-5.
Maybe win Coastal
Or simply win bowl game
I give him credit for being a terrible DC and HC. Team makes the same mistakes over and over. Last night was pure luck given NCST dropped at least six, maybe more balls. At least three of those drops would've led to 13 points.

Advertisement
Every remaining game is winnable. That said every game we could lose.

The young guys on this team looked good last night. TVD played a very good game. For his 2nd start those numbers are impressive. 4TD 0INT being a huge stat. And we saw clearly who the best RB on the team is.

First thing I noticed early in the game was holy crap we are actually tackling people rather then trying to knock them down with a shoulder.

One thing for sure, these kids are balling for this dude. IMO, that is worth something right there. Is he a good coach, no. But neither was Butch or Larry. He can recruit though, which is what made the 2000 thru 2005 era happen.
Yeah he's been killing it in recruiting.this year......

You think not having the $$$ to hire the best OC or DC out there might be the issue. Not comparing him to Saben, but dude can pretty much hire Belichick if he wanted to as an advisor...
Maudes, this is clear trolling.

Advertisement
So you are the get blown out by Pitt so Manny gets fired group. That's cool. Is it Schiano, Mario, Butch, Orgeron? Who is your guy..
I am not at all in the “root for losses” camp, but I am done if they don’t make significant changes.

I hope they beat Pitt into the ground, I support the players 1000%. I have no more goodwill or patience left for the admin. I no longer feel pained by the thought of walking away.

Does that make sense?

Advertisement
Back