Hypothetical

Bro, we have sucked since Dec 30th 2005. Looser talk is the folks that continue to b!t<h any time there is a possibility of some momentum being built. The hard on for Manny being gone out weighs the ability to be optimistic. I am not a Manny slurper, but let I do feel we should let the season play out.
There is no momentum from being 3-4, 1-2 in conference play.

I guess halting an embarrassing losing streak to power 5 opponents is the benchmark now for building momentum.

Two seasons ago we stopped the bleeding and beat a ranked UVA at home.

We ripped off a few more wins later in that season only to then lose to fiu and la tech.

You all come up with dumb hypotheticals after a game like tonight as if we can’t see with our own eyes that this is an incompetent staff that need to be shown the door NOW

Last edited:
Advertisement
There is no momentum from being 3-4, 1-2 in conference play.

I guess halting an embarrassing losing streak to power 5 opponents is the benchmark now for building momentum.

Two seasons ago we stopped the bleeding and beat a ranked UVA at home.

We ripped off a few more wins later in that season only to then lose to fiu and la tech.

You all come up with dumb hypotheticals after a game like tonight as if we can’t see with our own eyes that this is an incompetent staff that need to be shown the door asap
No different than people thinking Mario is coming to the U...

Advertisement
He gets no credit, because his team wins DESPITE the way they are coached and led. Guy gives the opposition points by being incompetent at basic clock management.

All it shows is that a competent coach would be able to win 9+ games with little actual effort. Just don't beat yourself and you'll win 10 games at Miami, especially if Dabo goes back to being the mediocre coach we all knew him to be.

Canes go 8-4 or 7-5.
Maybe win Coastal
Or simply win bowl game
Do you guys give Manny any credit for keeping team together and salvaging the season or are we still bringing back Butch and Mario?
Doesn't matter. He is not the guy. Every year you will be back asking if he should get credit for salvaging the season after going 7-5 because thats who he is.

There is a chance, but it’s not a statistically significant chance.

Manny isn’t getting us anywhere, he needs to be fired. But if he got us to 9-4 after starting 2-4 he earns another year.
That is all i am getting at. The Manny but go people rather the Canes loose out than this thing somehow turning around. Don't misunderstand me. I think it is more likely that we go 6-6 than 9-4, but i would never root for that. This delusion that the Canes loosing out will result in a food thing is silly.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter. He is not the guy. Every year you will be back asking if he should get credit for salvaging the season after going 7-5 because thats who he is.
TBH, what makes anyone "the guy". Is Dabo the guy this year? Or Orgeron? Took Bobby over 30 years to become "The guy". It is silly. I share ALL the frustration many have with Blake and the coaches. But hoping for failure in order to turn things around is silly. Given zhe choice I'd rather Manny get his ***** together and be "the guy"

Advertisement
No Way Reaction GIF

Not falling for it, sorry.

Canes go 8-4 or 7-5.
Maybe win Coastal
Or simply win bowl game
Do you guys give Manny any credit for keeping team together and salvaging the season or are we still bringing back Butch and Mario?
I literally predicted 7 or 8 wins while Manny continued to “win the offseason” as he often does.

It might buy him a 4th year, but hopefully this school is not so stupid to extend yet another horrid coach.

Advertisement
It’s actually quite different.

The staff sucks and you can’t spin that no matter how many hypotheticals you dream up tonight after one conference win. The AD and HC both deserve to be canned.
Not in disagreement. But they have not been. Which posses the hypothetical. Do I think they will win out. Absolutely not, do I think one or both will be fired if they continue to perform as they have, yes. But that does not meen I root for failure or discredit anything positive they do. Ie. playing the young kids..

Week in and week out has been one of the worst fundamentally unsound and un-discipline football team ever saw at the U from day one. I’ve said it once, it a leaking pipe that needs replacement, patching up not fixing it, it’s only prolonging the inevitable.

I literally predicted 7 or 8 wins while Manny continued to “win the offseason” as he often does.

It might buy him a 4th year, but hopefully this school is not so stupid to extend yet another horrid coach.
Frankly, it all went to crap since joining the ACC. Had a friend of mine that played ball at UF tell me that the U would struggle when zhey announced they were joining the ACC. Not just in football, but in all other sports. Thought it was a Gator being a Gator, but he turned out to be prophetic. Because it has been a bear since we joined...

Advertisement
Back