Hypothetical

Have you seen the ACC? The best team is Wake Forest. Clemson has imploded. UNC has been a massive let down. FSU is basically a D2 program. With the talent we have, this is a layup for any competent coach.

And you want us to crown Manny for going 8-4 or 7-5?
No one is saying crown him. But I’m warning you people that we very likely win out after Pitt. FSU, GT, Duke, and VT are all garbage this year, all are worse than any P5 team we’ve played thus far. That means we finish 7-5 on a 4 game win streak. Zero chance manny gets fired after that. And we likely win bowl game too since no one big is going nfl

Advertisement
You missed the Illini-PSU game then.
sustained-excellent-point.gif

One thing for sure, these kids are balling for this dude. IMO, that is worth something right there. Is he a good coach, no. But neither was Butch or Larry. He can recruit though, which is what made the 2000 & 2002 teams happen.
And that's why all this is such a shame. He's got what it takes to be a good HC if he could just get out of his own way. He needs a little more savagery on the field and to find himself a f#$king DC and he'd be OK.

Advertisement
And that's why all this is such a shame. He's got what it takes to be a good HC if he could just get out of his own way. He needs a little more savagery on the field and to find himself a f#$king DC and he'd be OK.
You think not having the $$$ to hire the best OC or DC out there might be the issue. Not comparing him to Saben, but dude can pretty much hire Belichick if he wanted to as an advisor...

No one is saying crown him. But I’m warning you people that we very likely win out after Pitt. FSU, GT, Duke, and VT are all garbage this year, all are worse than any P5 team we’ve played thus far. That means we finish 7-5 on a 4 game win streak. Zero chance manny gets fired after that. And we likely win bowl game too since no one big is going nfl
You obviously aren't familiar with my rules of trolling, so I'm gonna help you out. First, don't put "Cane" in your name, everybody will see you coming. Second, wait until you have at least 15 posts to start...it'll make you look more legit. Good luck to you.

Sure man sure. If the young guys do the unthinkable and win out in spite of this clown show of a staff then you can go ahead and reflexively somehow give THIS STAFF credit for NOT playing these guys earlier?????

It’s amazing how some of you people think.
I'll admit, I wish we played the young guys sooner. Especially at WR. That being said, when you are starting out the **** season against Alabama, it stands to reason you want experience in there. Also, we lost the last two games with those same young players in there. Do you honestly think we beat Bama with them? Michigan State? I don't.

Let the team grow up. You know good and well Diaz, or any other coach, wasn't going to bench King for TVD early. This team is getting a new chemistry with TVD and some of the young players out there. Sit back and enjoy it.

He would deserve credit. Just like he shoulders the blame for how the season unfolded leading up to this point.

Advertisement
The only way I see your hypothetical coming to fruition is if Miami beats (or at least loses by 1 score) to Pitt and absolutely dominates the other games on their schedule. If they continue to play one possession games against unranked teams, he has to be fired.

So, Manny's gone. lol

Canes go 8-4 or 7-5.
Maybe win Coastal
Or simply win bowl game
Do you guys give Manny any credit for keeping team together and salvaging the season or are we still bringing back Butch and Mario?
We’re not going 8-4. We’re taking an L to a really good Pitt team next week. He’d need to rip off 7 straight wins to finish at 9-4 for him to come back.

We beat an overrated NCST tonight. We’ll probably finish the season at 7-5. It’s a nice win for Manny but that’s it.

Also, UVA or Pitt is winning the Coastal. We’d need to win out and for UVA to lose one more to have a chance.

The only way I see your hypothetical coming to fruition is if Miami beats (or at least loses by 1 score) to Pitt and absolutely dominates the other games on their schedule. If they continue to play one possession games against unranked teams, he has to be fired.

So, Manny's gone. lol
Here is the thing, Manny buffoonary aside. The kids are a missed field goal and batted pass away from being 3-0 in the ACC. Yeah, all the "real fans" that want Manny gone will discredit that. But if you look around college, it truly is any given Saturday.

Advertisement
We’re not going 8-4. We’re taking an L to a really good Pitt team next week. He’d need to rip off 7 straight wins to finish at 9-4 for him to come back.

We beat an overrated NCST tonight. We’ll probably finish the season at 7-5. It’s a nice win for Manny but that’s it.

Also, UVA or Pitt is winning the Coastal. We’d need to win out and for UVA to lose one more to have a chance.
So what you are saying is, that there is a chance?

Here is the thing, Manny buffoonary aside. The kids are a missed field goal and batted pass away from being 3-0 in the ACC. Yeah, all the "real fans" that want Manny gone will discredit that. But if you look around college, it truly is any given Saturday.
You can say the same nonsense about the app state game we squeaked out. It’s loser blood talk.

Advertisement
You can say the same nonsense about the app state game we squeaked out. It’s loser blood talk.
Bro, we have sucked since Dec 30th 2005. Looser talk is the folks that continue to b!t<h any time there is a possibility of some momentum being built. The hard on for Manny being gone out weighs the ability to be optimistic. I am not a Manny slurper, but let I do feel we should let the season play out.

It goes both ways; this team is also two, WIDE OPEN dropped passes away from being 1-6. We can’t play the “what if” game…save that for The Marvel Universe. Fact is the reason we’re 3 - 4, the reason y we’re a batted pass/missed FG from being 3-0 is b/c of the coaching buffoonery we saw today, and every week.

I’ll repeat what I’ve preached all season, TALENT IS NOT OUR ISSUE, COACHING IS. If we face a team that makes more mistakes than us (i.e an unforced off side, dropped passes) we’ve won. When that doesn’t happen, this staph chits its pants & these suck *** teams gets us.

It goes both ways; this team is also two, WIDE OPEN dropped passes away from being 1-6. We can’t play the “what if” game…save that for The Marvel Universe. Fact is the reason we’re 3 - 4, the reason y we’re a batted pass/missed FG from being 3-0 is b/c of the coaching buffoonery we saw today, and every week.

I’ll repeat what I’ve preached all season, TALENT IS NOT OUR ISSUE, COACHING IS. If we face a team that makes more mistakes than us (i.e an unforced off side, dropped passes) we’ve won. When that doesn’t happen, this staph chits its pants & these suck *** teams gets us.
I can accept that...

Advertisement
Back