2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting is always fluid brother. And Mario aint gonna be held hostage by a kid. We'll just have to see how it all plays out. I know that sounds wishy washy. But there's several factors in play here.
Lol hearing this has been a long time coming. **** its good to have him back. When I first messaged you about hating Manny and hoping Mario would come home, I was legit worried that ship had sailed after the way they treated him. If its a relief to me that he's back, I can't even imagine what its like you guys.

Advertisement
Your point is absolutely valid, but I’ll counter with this regarding the bolded part: did they prefer the staff and situation at Miami, purely from a football perspective?

If they did, then you could say the made a very narrow and short-minded decision. If they preferred the situation at Miami, it would have been better for his future, and thus better financially long-term. Now I know that’s hard to do when you have a deal like LSU’s in front of you…
No argument out of me. Bigger picture it's not even close. One thing that may have something to do with it(just my opinion) is where is he needed more at the position he wants to play? Reciever down here are dime a dozen and now with a staff that can close it makes that more obvious. If he's not super confident in himself as a elite reciever he may have seen that writing on the wall. I don't know. But what matters more from the schools perspective. Us landing a kid from our own backyard we're not in desperate need of OR LSU getting what's percieved as an elite recruit out of MIAMI that we wanted. I'd argue LSU needed this ALOT more than us.

Last edited:
There are tons of apartments in Hialeah and Homestead for around $1,500 a month. Have Ruiz pay this and get the kid and his mom a good used car, a 2018 Honda Accord. Get the mom a job at the local Walmart at 216th St in US 1 as well. That will solve the problem, case closed.

I'm glad u chimed in with that last part. Because a verbal means about a shred more than a silent. They're both simply a kids intentions being known. Only difference is they're starved for attention and decide to tell y'all. So what you're putting so much stock into is actually a kid proving how much they want the attention opposed to a kid coming out to a staff and saying this is where I'll be. Until pen meets paper they're both worthless.
I don't think its worthless. Why do people say getting a QB helps with other recruits? We are making excuses that only SO FL kids get to use. And that's where we ending up in problems. Look what Baxter did, one OV to Texas, set commitment date. And we still have people counting him in our class. He aint coming here if he doesn't visit, prolly even if he does. But certainly if he doesn't. And i mean OV.

I'm not gonna get into much, but up until one week out Jalen Brown had gave us a silent and negotiated an nil. Inside of that last week a certain female became a new home owner in baton rouge (like that should mean much)and an issue from Vegas between several kids got blown out of proportion. Myself I'd say if a new trailer & a argument can cheat you out of your future,than this one ain't for u... But y'all feel free to go with whatever version you'd like of the story while the truth will set you free.
This honestly aligns pretty well with how things unfolded, at least publicly anyway. None of it made much sense, even LSU insiders weren’t all that confident about him until that last week or so.

Advertisement
I don't think its worthless. Why do people say getting a QB helps with other recruits? We are making excuses that only SO FL kids get to use. And that's where we ending up in problems. Look what Baxter did, one OV to Texas, set commitment date. And we still have people counting him in our class. He aint coming here if he doesn't visit, prolly even if he does. But certainly if he doesn't. And i mean OV.
Not really sure what you mean out of any of this. Other than u don't think it's worthless yet you acknowledge a verbal can be switched at any moment, the rest just baffles me. BUT I haven't slept and just got to the border at tj. So before I cross & get **** service, I'm gonna leave all this at GO CANES and if y'all still can't simply be positive and enjoy being fans than people just wanna be miserable. Mario doesn't need any of our help and things are gonna be just fine. Fans aren't gonna change this process one way or the other. But positivity can certainly help. Give it a try. VIVA LA MEXICO

There are tons of apartments in Hialeah and Homestead for around $1,500 a month. Have Ruiz pay this and get the kid and his mom a good used car, a 2018 Honda Accord. Get the mom a job at the local Walmart at 216th St in US 1 as well. That will solve the problem, case closed.
Not sure if you're being serious or not. If so do you really think that'll work for this kid? Also I think the Vegas situation (from what I've heard from several other people) played a larger part in this as well.

I don't know who that is or what he said. But I know what Jalen and his mother told us. I know that he had been a silent for going on a month now. I get I don't bother putting things in open threads anymore so I don't have more headaches but it's been an ongoing topic with the several people I speak with in messages. Nothing new here. In the last 2 days before he committed she came to us and said she needed to be closer to her son. Doesn't make sense to me honestly because all that happens with houses anymore is it becomes a company property. She don't own it and once he's gone it will revert to them. I don't know how much of that was an actual issue to us. I just know that's the two things that changed with us
Even under this staff silents don’t mean a **** thing. And that’s not an indictment on the staff it’s just reality

Not really sure what you mean out of any of this. Other than u don't think it's worthless yet you acknowledge a verbal can be switched at any moment, the rest just baffles me. BUT I haven't slept and just got to the border at tj. So before I cross & get **** service, I'm gonna leave all this at GO CANES and if y'all still can't simply be positive and enjoy being fans than people just wanna be miserable. Mario doesn't need any of our help and things are gonna be just fine. Fans aren't gonna change this process one way or the other. But positivity can certainly help. Give it a try. VIVA LA MEXICO
I feel u. Im not even trying to be negative but im seeing stuff in black and white. I dont tweet at the kids or their family or whomever but when i come here im not gonna put on rose tinted glasses and act like what they are doing and have been doing is not what it is.

Advertisement
@Brooklyndee appreciate everything you shared. I do think a public verbal commit has more weight than a silent, but it's only one more step down the funnel to a signed LOI. And we see a ton of flips every year, especially among So FL recruits. As you note, Mario won't concede anything, so this is going to be a fun ride for the next several months.

Any updates on Hykeem? Does he have an announcement date?

Not sure if you're being serious or not. If so do you really think that'll work for this kid? Also I think the Vegas situation (from what I've heard from several other people) played a larger part in this as well.
I was serious. If the kid really wanted his mom here this can be done with minimal funds compared to other NIL situations. I do not know what you mean by the "Vegas situation". I just believe that if a kid wants to be here, there is always a way to work it out-- that was my point. Thank you for your posts and info.

Advertisement
She's lives in Mississippi and property down here right now is not easy. But that's giving us and her an excuse. I only know the side of it from our perspective. I'm sure people that know him and them can chime in more but is what it is.
What part of MS? If she’s on the coast (Biloxi, Gulfport, Pass Christian..) that’s LSU territory.

Advertisement
She's lives in Mississippi and property down here right now is not easy. But that's giving us and her an excuse. I only know the side of it from our perspective. I'm sure people that know him and them can chime in more but is what it is.
Yeah, my sister and brother in law just moved down there in the Pascagoula area and some of the houses, which were absolutely gorgeous and beautiful, came with hefty price tags, sure it’s because they were closer to the waterfront. Every house he sent us pictures of was gone within a day or 2, even before he could go see them in person.

No argument out of me. Bigger picture it's not even close. One thing that may have something to do with it(just my opinion) is where is he needed more at the position he wants to play? Reciever down here are dime a dozen and now with a staff that can close it makes that more obvious. If he's not super confident in himself as a elite reciever he may have seen that writing on the wall. I don't know. But what matters more from the schools perspective. Us landing a kid from our own backyard we're not in desperate need of OR LSU getting what's percieved as an elite recruit out of MIAMI that we wanted. I'd argue LSU needed this ALOT more than us.
Man. We value the intel and the perspective, Brooklyndee.

I think I remember hearing something went down between Brown and the Washington Brothers. Please do not take my word for it though.

My understanding is that it all went down during a game of blackjack. J. Brown decided to hit on 17 and it ****ed up the whole table. Washington twins had been looking to split the pot.

fr, seems odd that a little squabble could send a kid to a completely different college but not everyone handles conflict and drama in the same fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back