2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Winters in Ohio are not created equal. If U are in Columbus or Cincy area and think that’s “winter” 😂. Cleveland experiences Lake Effect snow and Alberta/Canadian Clippers: sharp temperature drops, arctic air, lake effect snow and high winds/blizzards. Central and Southern Ohio winters are Fall compared to being from Cleveland. My wife went to OU in Athens, Ohio. Winters were 40-55 degrees with 1-2 inches, maybe a 5 inch day once, the entire winter. She wore flats 🥿 all winter. If you aren’t by the Great Lakes you ain’t really been through nothing too bad, trust me.
Definitely agree with this

I live in the suburbs of Cleveland, winter up here is a different animal than most places due to the lake

Her freshman year she moved in with 3 other freshmen who were all white females. No lie and no exaggeration…2 of them were from towns where there were zero black people. They told her that they had never seen nor met a black person in real life, face to face before. They had only seen black people on television so she was their first 🤯🤯. That arrangement didn’t last long.
Had that same experience a bunch of time..... SMH

Had that same experience a bunch of time..... SMH
Alot of these "pocket towns" still exist in middle america and the bible belts states. Where white people would probably run into an alien from another galaxy before ever running into a black person in their town. Have no idea why a black athlete would want to play for a school where probably 50% of the kids there have their first experience interacting with black kids when they hit college. (SEC schools mostly but some Big 12 schools too)

Looks like with USC and Miami starting to shake things up and actually care about football again.. these kids now have options to avoid places like that now.

Advertisement
Winters in Ohio are not created equal. If U are in Columbus or Cincy area and think that’s “winter” 😂. Cleveland experiences Lake Effect snow and Alberta/Canadian Clippers: sharp temperature drops, arctic air, lake effect snow and high winds/blizzards. Central and Southern Ohio winters are Fall compared to being from Cleveland. My wife went to OU in Athens, Ohio. Winters were 40-55 degrees with 1-2 inches, maybe a 5 inch day once, the entire winter. She wore flats 🥿 all winter. If you aren’t by the Great Lakes you ain’t really been through nothing too bad, trust me.
OU grad here. Athens is an incredible place to attend college. The fall in Athens is one of the most beautiful landscapes I’ve had the privilege of living in to this day. Tucked away in the hills/valleys that span from SE Ohio to Kentucky, Pennsylvania and West Virginia it really is a gem. It’s a smaller campus that you can walk across in 15 minutes but somehow houses around 20k kids. Not huge on fraternities although they exist. All housing around campus is college kids so weekends you could literally just walk up to houses and people would hand you a beer, with the expectation that you’d return the favor. Entire streets filled of college kids hanging on the porch partying shooting the **** and bumping music. It’s a very chill down home Midwest vibe without really no pretentiousness. I think OU students think of themselves as a little more blue collar than OSU, even though 3 of my buddies are now doctors and 4 are accountants lol

The locals around don’t have it nice. Joe Burrow talked about the poverty level in his heisman speech. Heroin and painkillers and poor education plague the county, whose main economy is driven by the university. I believe Athens county is the poorest in Ohio or one of them. Many locals are offspring of coal miners and hill folk.

That being said, I met great friends that are still my boys to this day and haven’t once regretted going to school there. There is a reason alumni are very proud of going there. It’s such a random school with so much to offer. We used to call it Disney land without parents so we want to share it with everyone hahaha. Also because Ohio State thinks it’s our big brother, but their students would come visit us for the big party weekends. Don’t get me wrong, Columbus during football season is a great time too, but Athens in the spring/street fest season is undefeated.

Weather wise, we definitely got spring earlier and was probably warmer in the fall/summer than Cleveland but we still had our fair share of snow and cold days off from school. One time we had a week off. Of course that turned into a drinking escapade for everyone lol.

If any of you randomly find yourself driving through southeast Ohio I can’t recommend Athens enough. Go checkout the hocking hills, old man’s cave and have a beer on court st and enjoy the vibe. Also miller’s chicken is a must

Apologies for the ramble but I never imagined OU would be brought up on this forum so I had to chime in. Thanks for letting me reminisce.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not as close to the lakes as Cleveland but my old company had an office in lansing that I’d visit occasionally. First off, depressing city. Second, in the winter, that arctic wind off the lakes is absolutely brutal.
I’m 15 minutes east of Lansing... not East Lansing. I love Michigan in the summer (lakes) fall (colors/leaves changing) and even winters now that my son started snowboarding and I ski now. I don’t like winter when we get a snowstorm and I have to drive to work though.

I’m 15 minutes east of Lansing... not East Lansing. I love Michigan in the summer (lakes) fall (colors/leaves changing) and even winters now that my son started snowboarding and I ski now. I don’t like winter when we get a snowstorm and I have to drive to work though.

My company had an office a bit north of Lansing - near the airport.

Advertisement
He was dug in that it's not Miami, so I assume he thinks FSU with his ex teammate Lb Omar Graham
Hd Pursed Lips GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back