2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSU? I'm sure Oberlin, Wooster, Kenyon, etc are even moreso.
Oberlin for sure! I actually brought that town and college up in my initial response but chose to keep it short. Oberlin was a part of the Underground Railroad, the town was staunch abolitionists. They look for “Black” Americans to give huge scholarships to and enroll there.

Advertisement
OU grad here. Athens is an incredible place to attend college. The fall in Athens is one of the most beautiful landscapes I’ve had the privilege of living in to this day. Tucked away in the hills/valleys that span from SE Ohio to Kentucky, Pennsylvania and West Virginia it really is a gem. It’s a smaller campus that you can walk across in 15 minutes but somehow houses around 20k kids. Not huge on fraternities although they exist. All housing around campus is college kids so weekends you could literally just walk up to houses and people would hand you a beer, with the expectation that you’d return the favor. Entire streets filled of college kids hanging on the porch partying shooting the **** and bumping music. It’s a very chill down home Midwest vibe without really no pretentiousness. I think OU students think of themselves as a little more blue collar than OSU, even though 3 of my buddies are now doctors and 4 are accountants lol

The locals around don’t have it nice. Joe Burrow talked about the poverty level in his heisman speech. Heroin and painkillers and poor education plague the county, whose main economy is driven by the university. I believe Athens county is the poorest in Ohio or one of them. Many locals are offspring of coal miners and hill folk.

That being said, I met great friends that are still my boys to this day and haven’t once regretted going to school there. There is a reason alumni are very proud of going there. It’s such a random school with so much to offer. We used to call it Disney land without parents so we want to share it with everyone hahaha. Also because Ohio State thinks it’s our big brother, but their students would come visit us for the big party weekends. Don’t get me wrong, Columbus during football season is a great time too, but Athens in the spring/street fest season is undefeated.

Weather wise, we definitely got spring earlier and was probably warmer in the fall/summer than Cleveland but we still had our fair share of snow and cold days off from school. One time we had a week off. Of course that turned into a drinking escapade for everyone lol.

If any of you randomly find yourself driving through southeast Ohio I can’t recommend Athens enough. Go checkout the hocking hills, old man’s cave and have a beer on court st and enjoy the vibe. Also miller’s chicken is a must

Apologies for the ramble but I never imagined OU would be brought up on this forum so I had to chime in. Thanks for letting me reminisce.
My wife loves OU! She speaks about it the same way U just did. She believes it’s very slept on, says the partying was fun times and the scenery is unforgettable. Much of the OU staff is comprised of former students. Many people attend there and never leave.

OU grad here. Athens is an incredible place to attend college. The fall in Athens is one of the most beautiful landscapes I’ve had the privilege of living in to this day. Tucked away in the hills/valleys that span from SE Ohio to Kentucky, Pennsylvania and West Virginia it really is a gem. It’s a smaller campus that you can walk across in 15 minutes but somehow houses around 20k kids. Not huge on fraternities although they exist. All housing around campus is college kids so weekends you could literally just walk up to houses and people would hand you a beer, with the expectation that you’d return the favor. Entire streets filled of college kids hanging on the porch partying shooting the **** and bumping music. It’s a very chill down home Midwest vibe without really no pretentiousness. I think OU students think of themselves as a little more blue collar than OSU, even though 3 of my buddies are now doctors and 4 are accountants lol

The locals around don’t have it nice. Joe Burrow talked about the poverty level in his heisman speech. Heroin and painkillers and poor education plague the county, whose main economy is driven by the university. I believe Athens county is the poorest in Ohio or one of them. Many locals are offspring of coal miners and hill folk.

That being said, I met great friends that are still my boys to this day and haven’t once regretted going to school there. There is a reason alumni are very proud of going there. It’s such a random school with so much to offer. We used to call it Disney land without parents so we want to share it with everyone hahaha. Also because Ohio State thinks it’s our big brother, but their students would come visit us for the big party weekends. Don’t get me wrong, Columbus during football season is a great time too, but Athens in the spring/street fest season is undefeated.

Weather wise, we definitely got spring earlier and was probably warmer in the fall/summer than Cleveland but we still had our fair share of snow and cold days off from school. One time we had a week off. Of course that turned into a drinking escapade for everyone lol.

If any of you randomly find yourself driving through southeast Ohio I can’t recommend Athens enough. Go checkout the hocking hills, old man’s cave and have a beer on court st and enjoy the vibe. Also miller’s chicken is a must

Apologies for the ramble but I never imagined OU would be brought up on this forum so I had to chime in. Thanks for letting me reminisce.
OU Grad here too. Your view of the place is a whole lot different than mine. It can be pretty in the fall but it’s the pits in the winter.

Advertisement
11A84D7F-107F-43C3-BB15-B9BD3307AC97.jpeg

I’m not sure Miami fans understand just how bad we need a couple big bodied X receivers. We’ve got the slot guys and the TEs. Just missing guys who can get off press coverage and win 1v1 battles. I personally don’t see that on the roster today. Some hoped it’d be Lawson, but doesn’t sound like it.
It will be interesting to see Horton and Colbie Young in fall camp. Heard some positive reports from summer workouts on them. They’re both physical, big bodied receivers that may help out. Also still hoping Ladson can live up to his high school rating.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would love to see the post at the end of that Sprinter Van ride… get me the **** out of this thing man. Oh wait, Teailerhassee! Get me back in that thing to go back home. Hopefully the kid comes to his senses and leaves as unceremoniously as Mimms did and never looks back. I don’t get what the draw is up there for someone like this. They have no future with the current coaching staff. The fans are delusional thinking that they win 8 games this season as their floor. They believe the portal brought them off-season riches…more like fools gold. And to consider committing to a coach that won’t be there in 2 years is suicide imo. Why has this kid not come to his sense if we are pushing as hard as it appears we are? Just crazy.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back