2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I mean….you have to admit, it’s the experience of a life time for a young kid. I love the U but, we should allow him this reward for all of the hard work that he put in to get to this point.

By all means, encourage him to enjoy the fruits of his labor, etc. But don't say that and then watch the kid take a bag and go to either a college in the middle of nowhere or a college that's filled with closet (and not) racists and descendants of Klansmen. That just wreaks of hypocrisy and bag chasing (and others NOT looking out for his best interests) - something that has plagued big time sofla recruits for decades now.

Is the coach a douche? Everyone likes Mario from what I've heard.
step brothers wtf GIF
Everyone does not like Mario. Far from that. However mario commands respect in every room he walks in.

Advertisement
Issue with Bain seems to be within the Central program. Apparently the HC ain't really vibin' with Mario's recruiting.
Just what I heard.

I would guess it’s good thing we have someone like Roland Smith in staff

Advertisement
Maannnn....F-him....I know it's the same cliche, "if he doesn't want to be here then get to steppin"....but it's true. If he doesn't want to be part of what Mario is diligently building, with a plethora of Grade A assistant coaches to learn from. Not to mention an incredible influx of $$$$$$ to the program, enabling us to upgrade facilities, then do everyone a favor and haul ***.
Not Gona be easy getting elite WR here until they see what the offense looks like here. (If it is indeed balanced enough) Programs are easily scaring recruits saying we’re just going to pound the ball.
That’s not a valid argument. Brian Kelly just landed Jalen Brown from the crib, and his offense is pound the rock, and then pound the rock some more.

Jean is seriously considering Jawja and Sun Belt Billy’s gayta, both teams rely heavily on the running game.

That excuse is played out.

Lol that’s going on with the current staff too. Which is why I completely shut the **** up

I always said coaches, players and parents check these boards.

That’s why some stuff needs to be clamped down on by maudes when ppl start talking negatively about kids/parents/moms etc… CIS is known and it’s FREE. Anyone can come read these threads. We should be working to help the program not derail the staffs efforts.

I live in Biloxi and I hate LSU. Just a bunch of bandwagoners down here. Most kids from the coast go to Ole Miss or Mississippi State. A small minority go to LSU.

My daughter lives in Biloxi and she went to LSU and married an Ole Miss Grad….crazy households over there…lol..even though her husband is great and I have two lovely granddaughters

Advertisement
Yall have to realize the ego-driven landscape of high school coaching in South Florida. There's not one single HC we've ever had who appeased all of the coaches down here.

There's always going to be some High School coaches who are upset that Mario didn't recruit all of their kids. 🙄

However...
Mario will make sure that the kids he really wants are at "UM friendly" high schools.

Mario is playing chess.

Yall have to realize the ego-driven landscape of high school coaching in South Florida. There's not one single HC we've ever had who appeased all of the coaches down here.

There's always going to be some High School coaches who are upset that Mario didn't recruit all of their kids. 🙄

However...
Mario will make sure that the kids he really wants are at "UM friendly" high schools.

Mario is playing chess.
Without first hand knowledge, I imagine that over the past 15 years some in the community have personally benefitted in some way from sending their kids away. If that dynamic changes there will naturally be pushback and some unhappy campers

However...

Mario is playing chess.
This is the type of stuff that makes Mario the right guy here. This is an insane attention to detail and extremely meticulous.

Advertisement
We’re in the “Miami sucks” part of the cycle. This gives the locals who offer “discreet and focused” recruiting services cover.

In a few years, when they’re still sending their clients top shelf South FL talent, the excuse will be “Miami does t recruit the local kids as hard as National kids”. Still getting air cover for their business model.

When Miami is back on top (2025/2026), the new excuse will be “Miami doesn’t respect the local coaches and talent, and that’s racist” or whatever fits at that time.

Watch it play out. Like any industry or business who’s time has come and gone (in this case because of NIL); they will fight hard to keep their income flowing.

Being able to recruit nationally at this level is the antidote to all that BS.

However...

Mario is playing chess.
This shines a new light on the sofla free agency thread. Might have to keep a closer eye on that one from now on.

However...

Mario is playing chess.
Yup and i see him doing work on SFE as well. People dont understand how many high schools are just in Dade, add Broward, and Palm Beach. Thats why i tell people Miami job cannot go to G5 coach and inexperience coaches. No other school has this challenge. You need an alpha with a clear effective plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back