2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the last TAMU receiver who got more than a cup of coffee in the league besides Evans?

Has Jimbo put a single dude in the league at the position who wasn’t a total bust?

OSU, Bama, these places make sense for a WR. Going to TAMU with Jimbo’s “so slow it breaks the SP+” offense is literally saying “I’ll believe any lie so long as it’s told by Andrew Jackson.” It’s possibly the worst offense in college football for a wide receiver since Paul Johnson got canned.
Ryan Tannehill

Bernie Sanders Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Who was the last TAMU receiver who got more than a cup of coffee in the league besides Evans?

Has Jimbo put a single dude in the league at the position who wasn’t a total bust?

OSU, Bama, these places make sense for a WR. Going to TAMU with Jimbo’s “so slow it breaks the SP+” offense is literally saying “I’ll believe any lie so long as it’s told by Andrew Jackson.” It’s possibly the worst offense in college football for a wide receiver since Paul Johnson got canned.
Christian Kirk…….sorry, I had to be “ that guy”

Advertisement
Forgot about him, expect him to have a big year in Jax. He is a FFB target for me in a late round.

Completely forgot about him as well, but even that was a different high volume passing attack he played in.

Fisher last produced Kelvin Benjamin who had what, 2 good seasons before he ate himself out of the league? Rashard Greene got drafted 2nd round but was a complete bust, actually surprised me. But since then?? No one, that was almost 10 years ago.

Advertisement

To play devils advocate, what has a Cristobal or Gattis offense done receiver wise? I haven't looked, but I don't remember either having a crazy passing attack.

Reactions: jsy
To play devils advocate, what has a Cristobal or Gattis offense done receiver wise? I haven't looked, but I don't remember either having a crazy passing attack.
My comparison was solely based on the other suitors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fair enough, but if you're going to eliminate those teams as the others show out more at the position, wouldn't that eliminate us as well?
If Williams lived less than an hour from TAMU’s campus, I would say that it would be surprising if he was considering us. That being said Miami just had two record breakers at the WR position last year, neither of whom is as talented as Williams.

Generally speaking, with every possible variable removed, I still don’t agree that Mario and Gattis are the equivalent of Jimbo in terms of WR production. We really don’t know what they will be, whereas Jimbo is known commodity.

If Williams lived less than an hour from TAMU’s campus, I would say that it would be surprising if he was considering us. That being said Miami just had two record breakers at the WR position last year, neither of whom is as talented as Williams.

Generally speaking, with every possible variable removed, I still don’t agree that Mario and Gattis are the equivalent of Jimbo in terms of WR production. We really don’t know what they will be, whereas Jimbo is known commodity.

All good Inday. Was just trying to play the other side there or at least throw it out there. Tired as **** tonight and the last two weeks, difficult. I'm nowhere near into recruiting like I used to be. Same with college football. I'll take those who come and hope for the best, but my days of hanging on where someone goes is long gone. **** the last decade and half. Hope all is well.

All good Inday. Was just trying to play the other side there or at least throw it out there. Tired as **** tonight and the last two weeks, difficult. I'm nowhere near into recruiting like I used to be. Same with college football. I'll take those who come and hope for the best, but my days of hanging on where someone goes is long gone. **** the last decade and half. Hope all is well.
Same to you bud. I’m barely checking in here and there, I don’t have the gusto or time like I used to. I don’t think your question was unfair, either. We really have no idea if Gattis and Mario will utilize WRs effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back