2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like UGA winning it all this past year set up the blue print which is to have a little patience for the boosters/NIL. UGA did have the benefit of being in the SEC East so they could hang their hat on being in the SECCG.

A&M is in the position of anything less than 11-1 is considered a failure but the $ will still be there for at least another class or 2.
True. Ga was lucky Williams blew his acl otherwise :rolleyes:. Ga been stacking talent, but replacing those DL will be a tough task for them.

Advertisement
That’s still too much money for an uproven player at a position with an insane bust rate going from HS to CFB.

I’d pay that all day for a portal player. But not for a high school WR recruit.

I can see the NIL market shaking out the sam way as the NFL salary hierarchy.

QB
Pass rush or big MF’er
DB
OL
…everyone else.

That’s still too much money for an uproven player at a position with an insane bust rate going from HS to CFB.

QB
Pass rush or big MF’er
DB
OL
…everyone else.
That's not the NFL hierarchy but ok lmao

QB
Pass rush or big MF’er
DB
OL
…everyone else.

Advertisement
Macho, your avatar has great potential.

View attachment 186906
Yo I just died.

Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

"Ain't no read shirtin' me!"

The new era of Football on offense, is mainly centered around having a great QB & giving him weapons on the outside.

Having a big time QB with a 3-4 big play WR’s has become imperative & this year’s Portal season was reflective of that.
Guys who can pass...

And guys who can get after the passer!

A casual fan might think GM's would spend the most money on the guys who defend the big money WR's (DB's)...but instead they're spending it on the guys who get after the QB. (because a good pass rush makes any DB unit looks better)

That salary list speaks volumes.

Going to be interesting to see how these NIL deals play out in the next few years. Hopefully, they are all incentive based otherwise you are going to see tons of busts.... 18 years old kid with lots of money.... What could go wrong?
You mean achieving certain performance bonuses. That implies pay-for-play.

I had thought ...

Advertisement
We’ll keep recruiting him but it’s almost pointless at this point

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who was the last TAMU receiver who got more than a cup of coffee in the league besides Evans?

Has Jimbo put a single dude in the league at the position who wasn’t a total bust?

OSU, Bama, these places make sense for a WR. Going to TAMU with Jimbo’s “so slow it breaks the SP+” offense is literally saying “I’ll believe any lie so long as it’s told by Andrew Jackson.” It’s possibly the worst offense in college football for a wide receiver since Paul Johnson got canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back