2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Good for him if he gets 2mill from TAMU…. Jumbo better win 11 games this season because the boosters aren’t going to keep showing up with blank check books to see them losing 4/5 games a year with that budget

Advertisement
Good for him if he gets 2mill from TAMU…. Jumbo better win 11 games this season because the boosters aren’t going to keep showing up with blank check books to see them losing 4/5 games a year with that budget

I feel like UGA winning it all this past year set up the blue print which is to have a little patience for the boosters/NIL. UGA did have the benefit of being in the SEC East so they could hang their hat on being in the SECCG.

A&M is in the position of anything less than 11-1 is considered a failure but the $ will still be there for at least another class or 2.

And this is why I’ve gotten to the point I don’t even follow recruiting like I used to. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen how the hot dogs are made, or maybe I’m just too old and over it lol. For the most part it’s all smoke and mirrors. So many updates and content for something that can change multiple times in a day and thats normally late in the players recruitment / decision day.

Part of the problem though is that these are still kids.

They're people pleasers and literally have people calling and texting them all day, nevermind social media. That stuff would be tough for an adult to handle, let alone a teenager.

Sure, some feed into it and get lost in themselves with a big head. Nobody likes to hear **** talked about them, so they'll go for the likes with fan bases telling them what they want to hear.

The funniest part of it to me is how the fan bases hear what they want to hear and outright dismiss the other stuff. That's where we get the playing games stuff.

People need to consider the person, they aren't prepared or mature enough to handle the ride. When they do pick, some are shocked when in reality, there's no reason to be. You played yourself.

Part of the problem though is that these are still kids.

They're people pleasers and literally have people calling and texting them all day, nevermind social media. That stuff would be tough for an adult to handle, let alone a teenager.

Sure, some feed into it and get lost in themselves with a big head. Nobody likes to hear **** talked about them, so they'll go for the likes with fan bases telling them what they want to hear.

The funniest part of it to me is how the fan bases hear what they want to hear and outright dismiss the other stuff. That's where we get the playing games stuff.

People need to consider the person, they aren't prepared or mature enough to handle the ride. When they do pick, some are shocked when in reality, there's no reason to be. You played yourself.
Reading recruits interviews is the biggest waste of time lol. The new trend by recruits is to try to throw people off as much as possible. Btw I don’t blame the kids for being this way , adults created this.

Advertisement
I feel like UGA winning it all this past year set up the blue print which is to have a little patience for the boosters/NIL. UGA did have the benefit of being in the SEC East so they could hang their hat on being in the SECCG.

A&M is in the position of anything less than 11-1 is considered a failure but the $ will still be there for at least another class or 2.
I would say yes… but if Mario and Riley find quick success I’m sure folks will begin to wonder if they have the right man in charge to spend their blank checks

Gerard Martinez, USC 247 writer spoke to Hykeem over the weekend at the QB Retreat event. His impression, and some other writers at the event who also spoke to Williams , is UGA and TAMU are leading in his recruitment. He is saying he may not take any OVs until later in the season .

"There are people close to him that don't think his recruitment will last until signing day. Williams is talking about committing in September"

Rumors out in Cali is there is a $2 mill NIL deal on the table for him from TAMU. That comes from one of the USC posters
That’s not only stupid, but obviously false. Ain’t nobody buying that lol. A kid who hasn’t touched the field getting 2 mil?!?! Come on son! And if that’s the case, bless the dummy that offers the deal.

Advertisement
Going to be interesting to see how these NIL deals play out in the next few years. Hopefully, they are all incentive based otherwise you are going to see tons of busts.... 18 years old kid with lots of money.... What could go wrong?

If he's truly being offered $2mil... Wow...he better take that and run.
What about the 5 star wide receiver that they signed in the 2022 class. Certainly he didn’t get $2M. Time for contract renegotiations, right?

Advertisement
I could maybe see 2 million over 4 years he would be there. No way per year

When the Crystal Balls and momentum out of nowhere for Texas 8&4 came about, you knew it was heavy bag related. Not saying it’s $2 mil but I assume it’s more than anyone else has proposed by a wide margin.

That Oil money is going to be a problem.

Following high school recruiting right now is basically a waste of time. Even players who commit to whomever, can move around. Take Travis Hunter's recruitment has an indicator of what may come. Locked in player, no such thing anymore because come December when every school start making that push and unaffiliated boosters etc get involved, which kid gonna turn down a big bag? You been warned. These early commits are more dangerous than ever.

That's not to say some kids wont stick with what they got, what im saying is some will move. Crystal balls are gonna be way off and wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back