2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two highest scoring offenses Miami has had since 2002 are 2020 and 2021.

That’s not really saying much considering how bad we have been on offense most years. We had little to no running game under Lashlee and he mostly padded those numbers against bad teams.

Look at last year before TVD started lighting it up. It was garbage, and TVD started saving his ***. Still couldn’t run the ball and made plenty of questionable play calls.

Again, the revisionist history is hilarious to me. Nobody was praising him until TVD started lighting it up.

Advertisement
Also, if you think the playcalling was the primary issue against A&M, you’re casual as ****. We didn’t outgain A&M by 130 yards and 11 first downs by accident. We were out gaining them at the half as well so I don’t want to hear excuses about trying to come back from behind.

I’ll give you some questionable play calls in the redzone, but when your QB can’t throw and your WRs mostly aren’t catching, your options are heavily limited. Only completed FOUR passes of FIVE yards or more. Guys were open. That’s not on playcalling 😂

In any case, this has already been debated ad nauseum but feel free to actually watch the game again instead of speaking emotionally.

Am I tripping for thinking he’s not that good?
All I seen this dude is blow up his profile from measurements. Guy makes no plays and never has. Guess he’ll be first to magically turn it on in college.

He’s good though. He doesn’t suck. He may not be as further along as the guys you listed but he doesn’t suck now. He’s still a p5 talent.

That’s not really saying much considering how bad we have been on offense most years. We had little to no running game under Lashlee and he mostly padded those numbers against bad teams.

Look at last year before TVD started lighting it up. It was garbage, and TVD started saving his ***. Still couldn’t run the ball and made plenty of questionable play calls.

Again, the revisionist history is hilarious to me. Nobody was praising him until TVD started lighting it up.
Lol. The revisionist history? We had a very solid run game in 2020 and halfway through 2021 before every running back besides knighton got hurt. 34 points per game and 450 yards per game in 2020 with no TVD.

And his offense never went an entire game without scoring a single touchdown. It took Gattis sorry *** only three games to hit that low point.

You want to trash our best coordinator since the 90’s? Go for it but don’t tell me the garbage we have now is better.

Also, if you think the playcalling was the primary issue against A&M, you’re casual as ****. We didn’t outgain A&M by 130 yards and 11 first downs by accident. We were out gaining them at the half as well so I don’t want to hear excuses about trying to come back from behind.

I’ll give you some questionable play calls in the redzone, but when your QB can’t throw and your WRs mostly aren’t catching, your options are heavily limited. Only completed FOUR passes of FIVE yards or more. Guys were open. That’s not on playcalling 😂

In any case, this has already been debated ad nauseum but feel free to actually watch the game again instead of speaking emotionally.
Typical sorry coach slurper. Blame all the players. Even guys who have proven it on the field already. No, it’s not the new coach’s fault this offense went from over 30 points per game to 19 with a majority of the same players. It’s the players who just decided to get worse.

Advertisement
And even though we have sucked we still have recruited well. They will also. Like it or not kids wanna go there as do kids with Miami. I swear this board sounds like Gators board sometimes.

Exactly! I swear we are still getting top WRs every year. You would think fsu is racking in top 5 recruiting classes every year but we are in the 90’s. No, even for bad classes we are pulling in top 20 classes

Typical sorry coach slurper. Blame all the players. Even guys who have proven it on the field already. No, it’s not the new coach’s fault this offense went from over 30 points per game to 19 with a majority of the same players. It’s the players who just decided to get worse.

Which of these wide receivers have proven it on the field yet outside of a few decent catches? Lmao what are you talking about

I understand TVD, maybe, but just because he’s missing open throws doesn’t mean it’s because of playcalling. Could he be struggling to adjust to a new system? Sure, but that excuse only gets you so far.

Before this new staff got here, he didn’t even have these WRs’ PHONE NUMBERS.

So only the coaches are the ones who can be bad, right? Everyone complaining about how desperate we are for WRs, yet it’s all on playcalling.

There are already several videos out there demonstrating how many plays failed due to lack of execution. It’s literally plain as day, but blaming playcalling is just the easiest thing to do without digging into what actually happened. The numbers don’t support the notion that it’s all on playcalling.

Advertisement
Lol. The revisionist history? We had a very solid run game in 2020 and halfway through 2021 before every running back besides knighton got hurt. 34 points per game and 450 yards per game in 2020 with no TVD.

And his offense never went an entire game without scoring a single touchdown. It took Gattis sorry *** only three games to hit that low point.

You want to trash our best coordinator since the 90’s? Go for it but don’t tell me the garbage we have now is better.

Again, there were several plays that likely would have either scored or been within yards if not for drops or missed throws. If you can find some way to still blame that on playcalling, then I’m not sure there’s much real discussion to be had here. If you want to hold Gattis accountable for not having these guys catch better or run sharper routes, I am all for that. In fact I would agree with you on that.

Anyway, I guess this isn’t really the thread/board to discuss this. Some people clearly are going to argue whatever fits their narrative so I’ll let y’all have it. 😂 On the other hand, I’ll keep watching our WRs drop balls and QB miss throws.. but hopefully that improves.

For the record, my favorite WR in this class is ****ey.

He’s big and can separate from most corners. He also has an insane amount of acceleration for a guy that big. Not sure he’s a top-end speed guy.

Too bad he seems sold on Oregon
Idk man, we'll see when they lose outright to Wazzu today :sideeyes:

I think you're right but i'll hold out hope...we definitely have to outbid them to even have a sniff of a chance.

Last edited:
Again, there were several plays that likely would have either scored or been within yards if not for drops or missed throws. If you can find some way to still blame that on playcalling, then I’m not sure there’s much real discussion to be had here. If you want to hold Gattis accountable for not having these guys catch better or run sharper routes, I am all for that. In fact I would agree with you on that.

Anyway, I guess this isn’t really the thread/board to discuss this. Some people clearly are going to argue whatever fits their narrative so I’ll let y’all have it. 😂 On the other hand, I’ll keep watching our WRs drop balls and QB miss throws.. but hopefully that improves.
There’s more to being an offensive coordinator than play calling. It’s your job to make sure your players can execute the plays you call. You tailor your offense to the strength of your team. Also since the receivers can’t catch, maybe we should question the WR coach’s abilities? Oh wait.

Idk man, we'll see when they lose outright to Wazzu today :sideeyes:

I think you're right but i'll hold out hope...we definitely have to outbid them to even have a sniff of a chance.
they just smoked a ranked BYU. they'll be fine and Lanning is recruiting well out there

Advertisement
There’s more to being an offensive coordinator than play calling. It’s your job to make sure your players can execute the plays you call. You tailor your offense to the strength of your team. Also since the receivers can’t catch, maybe we should question the WR coach’s abilities? Oh wait.
I think Armstrong is gong through the same stuff. he looks nowhere close to the guy from last year

Reactions: DTP

you know if it keeps happening, eventually the problem isnt the players but it falls on the coaches for not correcting the issues (whether mechanical for a QB or fundamental for receivers)

He’s good though. He doesn’t suck. He may not be as further along as the guys you listed but he doesn’t suck now. He’s still a p5 talent.
I like the people saying ah I didnt want him anyways lol. we would've crowned him if he committed.

Advertisement
they just smoked a ranked BYU. they'll be fine and Lanning is recruiting well out there
I honestly don't think BYU is very good, they were also missing their top two receivers. Baylor wasn't a top 10 team, they struggle to push the ball downfield and are one of the worst teams thus far in 2022 in terms of explosive plays.

Bo Nix in his career has good numbers at home, and yet has a 16:16 TD:INT ratio on the road. Maybe it's the SEC defenses, but Cam Ward is filth, the Wazzu D-line ain't too shabby...just watch out. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they win this one.

1-2 would not sit well in Eugene, especially running 2nd fiddle to their little brothers in Corvallis currently.

I honestly don't think BYU is very good, they were also missing their top two receivers. Baylor wasn't a top 10 team, they struggle to push the ball downfield and are one of the worst teams thus far in 2022 in terms of explosive plays.

Bo Nix in his career has good numbers at home, and yet has a 16:16 TD:INT ratio on the road. Cam Ward is filth, the Wazzu D-line ain't too shabby...just watch out. Wouldn't be shocked at all if they win this one.
I dont disagree. im just saying perception wise, they beat a ranked BYU team. no one on the outside will hyper analyze it

this kid is going to FSU to play WR...

We can trash Mario/Gattis and their offense all we want but this kid chose FSU, Norvell, and that offense with no QB...

He may not like our offense but he's dumb if he thinks he's going to have great success in FSU's offense.

this kid is going to FSU to play WR...

We can trash Mario/Gattis and their offense all we want but this kid chose FSU, Norvell, and that offense with no QB...

He may not like our offense but he's dumb if he thinks he's going to have great success in FSU's offense.
no one said he made a smart move. recruiting is selling. FSU so far has sold him better than we have. results are the only thing that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back