2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Dude, when could you ever say we did that prime time vs a sec opponent? Give it time
My statement was generally speaking. I just used Saturday’s game as an example right there. Scoring points behind bad O lines is more common than not, in college football.

Advertisement
My statement was generally speaking. I just used Saturday’s game as an example right there. Scoring points behind bad O lines is more common than not, in college football.
We both love UM, but any 1st year coach can't fix everything. He is starting with the foundation and then moving forward. We be okay bro.

Facts. I agree.
Kid should do well where ever he goes. His measurables are off the charts and you’d have to be an idiot not see that.
Regardless, good football players make plays.
Innes, ****ey, Joseph, Washington, Jean etc. are producing. He’s not, and really never has. He must be injured this year because he has done nothing, but he didn’t do much last year either, not sure why.
I’ll always side with ball player than measurable.
In order I would take ****ey, Innes and Jean over Williams. That’s my opinion, unfortunately we are probably not getting any of them, unless we flip Jean. And I would take Jean over Williams.

I like all those prospects a little more too. But 6’4, fast, and athletic makes him a great prospect. However, you are right. You have to produce at some point

Last edited:
Advertisement
Am I tripping for thinking he’s not that good?
All I seen this dude is blow up his profile from measurements. Guy makes no plays and never has. Guess he’ll be first to magically turn it on in college.

I’m not sold on a win bc the O line would not have improved and we wouldn’t have been able to run the ball. Would’ve been a much different game.
After TVD had a a talk last year with Lashlee (right before the NC State game), and told him what plays he preferred to run, he lit up every defense that he faced. 6 straight lights out performances to end the season, and that was also without a dominant running game.

Also, who says that Lashlee and Mario couldn’t have merged their specialties (Mario and Mirabal their physical running game) to go along with Lashlee’s explosive passing game.

Last year’s team scored more points than any Miami offense in years. TVD did not play versus Alabaga or Michigan State, so you can’t blame him for those losses.

Again, last year’s offense lit teams up without a running game. This season we have a good running game, you pair that up with Lashlee’s passing concepts, and we would have been cooking with oil, instead of the crap that we’re being subjected to.

Last edited:
We could barely run the ball last year with the same players and we out ran one of the most highly recruited dlines in the nation last week.
We’ve been bashing a guy (Flag) and saying that he has no business being at the power five level but yet he graded out better than almost anyone on the field against an SEC offense.
And then you have Steed who has overcome several catastrophic knee injuries and out there playing like he belongs on the field. Doom and gloom at this point almost seems like it’s on purpose. Like I’ve said many times before there are people on here who are not real fans.

The doom and gloomers seem to be just running out of excuses and latching on to any negativity they can. If it wasn’t recruiting it was development, if it’s not development it’s the coordinator.
I’m not a doom and gloomer. I’m a realist.

Only a blind person, or bat **** crazy lunatic can’t see that this offense with its current passing concepts, spacing (or lack thereoff), and slow developing WR routes is a big problem.

You just made my point for me. Flagg and Steed (who most people on this board sharted on for the past few seasons) are now playing much better. Did they just magically get more talented? No, of course not. It’s called being put in a position to succeed by the defensive coaches.

Our D Is much improved, while our offense has greatly regressed. We couldn’t score a TD against a defense with a depleted secondary, and exhausted 3rd and 4th stringers. Our OC refused to attempt a pass into the end zone. That’s on him and Mario, not on the players.

I don’t know what games you’ve been watching so far this season, but it definitely are not the same games I’ve been watching.

Dude, when could you ever say we did that prime time vs a sec opponent? Give it time
What kind of an idiot are you? The name of the game is to score more points than the opponent, not to run the ball dominantly between the 20-yard lines.

It’s actually quite embarrassing that we out gained then by so many yards, and didn’t even manage to score a TD, against a depleted and exhausted aTm secondary. Our OC and HC refused to even attempt a pass into the end zone.

Reactions: DTP
Advertisement
I’m not a doom and gloomer. I’m a realist.

Only a blind person, or bat **** crazy lunatic can’t see that this offense with its current passing concepts, spacing (or lack thereoff), and slow developing WR routes is a big problem.

You just made my point for me. Flagg and Steed (who most people on this board sharted on for the past few seasons) are now playing much better. Did they just magically get more talented? No, of course not. It’s called being put in a position to succeed by the defensive coaches.

Our D Is much improved, while our offense has greatly regressed. We couldn’t score a TD against a defense with a depleted secondary, and exhausted 3rd and 4th stringers. Our OC refused to attempt a pass into the end zone. That’s on him and Mario, not on the players.

I don’t know what games you’ve been watching so far this season, but it definitely are not the same games I’ve been watching.
You need to rewatch the game several more times.

We left a lot on the field.

A LOT

Am I tripping for thinking he’s not that good?
All I seen this dude is blow up his profile from measurements. Guy makes no plays and never has. Guess he’ll be first to magically turn it on in college.
What’s this mean?

We would have waxed those ***kers with Lashlee here as OC. It would have been TVD’s 3rd season under his tutelage and running his scheme, which fits his style like a glove. Our WR’s would have also looked much better, as well as out TE’s.

Steele and Lashlee would have been a dynamite combo.
Huh? Did you watch the Bama game? That Lashlee game plan inspired you? Lashlee beating up on some weak ACC opponents 2 years into his tenure really has changed the narrative of what he was. He shrunk in the spotlight constantly.

Advertisement
Team has zero quarterbacks and zero o linemen. What do you expect him to do????

First of all, chill lol I’m not trying to trash the kid. Just think he’s pretty raw, potential is sky high.

But also, speaking of that.. I just have a hard time imagining FSU not ******** him up.. behind Travis they have nobody at QB, especially if Rodemaker is the back up. The OL is average at best, they’ve struggled against a couple awful defenses

These first few games notwithstanding, Gattis actually has done well developing some guys. Just seems like Hykeem hasn’t wanted to come here for a long time so idk

But again, not trying to trash the kid at all. It’s hard for me to wish him TOO well though because **** FSU 😂

Also have to laugh at all the new Lashlee slurping. You guys have the shortest **** memory I’ve ever seen. His offense couldn’t do **** until TVD started playing at the level he was last year. Y’all don’t remember how bad his playcalling was, running three straight times and punting? Passing on first down, running two straight and punting?

Might wanna go back and watch those games again 🤣

Also have to laugh at all the new Lashlee slurping. You guys have the shortest **** memory I’ve ever seen. His offense couldn’t do **** until TVD started playing at the level he was last year. Y’all don’t remember how bad his playcalling was, running three straight times and punting? Passing on first down, running two straight and punting?

Might wanna go back and watch those games again 🤣
I’m going to start bumping the Fire Lashlee threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back