Husker fan seeking home team guidance

LITSOR

Recruit
Hi all,

Looking forward to our matchup in your parts this season, all the Canes fans I interacted with in Lincoln last season were awesome. Anyway, seeking some resident advice/expertise; my girlfriend and I are planning on going to the game, and were wondering if you had any recommendations on how to get around, best channels for getting tickets, etc.

We fly in Friday to Ft Lauderdale. I know that Uber was recently nixed in Broward. How is the public transit in the area? We would like to try and do the weekend without renting a vehicle, if possible. We are staying at the Diplomat in Hollywood.

Any insider tips/recommendations to assist us while we are in the area would be greatly appreciated.

Heres to a great game!

Advertisement
The thing that really helps the 2016 class is the early commitment of Jack Allison.

Advertisement
Take a taxi, public transit is terrible in South Florida in general. The tough part will be getting a taxi out after the game.
You'll like the Diplomat, if renting a car is an option go with it, you're an easy drive to the stadium from there and it'll remove any hassles trying to leave the game. Parking is plentiful on site for $30.

Take a taxi, public transit is terrible in South Florida in general. The tough part will be getting a taxi out after the game.
You'll like the Diplomat, if renting a car is an option go with it, you're an easy drive to the stadium from there and it'll remove any hassles trying to leave the game. Parking is plentiful on site for $30.

If you bring your rented car to the game (probably the better option for you) familiarize yourself with a car-finding app on your smart phone. While parking is plentiful around the stadium, for a fist timer, finding were the car is after the game could be a challenge.

If you bring your rented car to the game (probably the better option for you) familiarize yourself with a car-finding app on your smart phone. While parking is plentiful around the stadium, for a fist timer, finding were the car is after the game could be a challenge.

Why are you insulting him, because he's from Nebraska? Not all people from Nebraska are morans.

Advertisement

Why are you insulting him, because he's from Nebraska? Not all people from Nebraska are morans.

Nebraska fans are some of the best in the country, from my experience. Mind your own business pal.

Nebraska fans are some of the best in the country, from my experience. Mind your own business pal.

You basically told him he's too dumb to remember where he parked. All you have to remember is a color and a number.

Advertisement

You basically told him he's too dumb to remember where he parked. All you have to remember is a color and a number.

I think he is giving honest advice. I think he himself got lost in the color coded and numbered parking lot.

Advertisement
Welcome to Greater Fort Lauderdale and enjoy your victory over UM.

Edit: As far as your initial questions, you would be well served to rent a car as public transportation in South Florida is not very good.

As far as places to go, try the Bimini Boatyard on SE 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale for at least one meal. Also check out Las Olas Boulevard at night.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back