Off-Topic Hurricane Season

Advertisement
The models have a southerly shift. The red line is the NHC official forecast.

1667996093158.png

@SpikeUM @Rickd @JD08 @OriginalCanesCanesCanes @TheOriginalCane .....
This might be my most incredible find...
Around 25yrs ago, I was Artifact hunting in the Apalachicola River in North FL in about 3' of water when I saw this skull (upper Cranium) sticking out of the Sand. I pulled it out and it happens to be an Extinct Florida Panther approx. 5-6 thousand yrs old. An incredible find just in itself. When I investigated the upper cranium I noticed a hole in the upper skull. A minute later I found the black Arrowhead laying less than a foot away....so just for giggles & grins, I inserted the Arrowhead into the hole in the skull, and the fit was perfect. The type of Projectile Point also happens to be around the same age. Truly an amazing find...and too much of a coincidence for the two finds not to be correlated. I was offered $5,000 multiple times...but refused to sell. Hope you enjoy...
20221110_143214.jpg
20221110_143245.jpg
20221110_143314.jpg
20221110_143343.jpg

Advertisement
What do you plan on doing with your collection?
One of my My Son's (biological) lives in Pennsylvania has pretty much no interest. My Stepson (The UM Grad) does however...so whatever is left will go to him. The collection as it stands now is worth about $150,000....at one time it was around $250,000...but I sold off around $100,000 a few yrs ago.

One of my My Son's (biological) lives in Pennsylvania has pretty much no interest. My Stepson (The UM Grad) does however...so whatever is left will go to him. The collection as it stands now is worth about $150,000....at one time it was around $250,000...but I sold off around $100,000 a few yrs ago.

Its a wonderful collection, kudos to you for amassing it.

Advertisement
Now all you need to find to complete the display is the arrow shaft and bow!! Oh, and the shooter's skeleton. Pretty impressive ... extinct panther skull and the arrowhead that took him down. You are to be applauded!!

Now all you need to find to complete the display is the arrow shaft and bow!! Oh, and the shooter's skeleton. Pretty impressive ... extinct panther skull and the arrowhead that took him down. You are to be applauded!!
Bow and Arrow didn't get to North America until about 4,500yrs ago....before that the Projectile points were used on an Atl- Atl (Throwing stick) Atl-Atl's were used from 5,000yrs ago until 9,000yrs ago...before that Clovis and other Paleo points were used on a Spear and were used for thrusting into a Mammoth or Mastodon...after one was diverted, enabling an Indian to sneak up and thrust into the underbelly. Their hopes were to hit a vital organ...and then follow the animal till it dropped.

Advertisement
Bow and Arrow didn't get to North America until about 4,500yrs ago....before that the Projectile points were used on an Atl- Atl (Throwing stick) Atl-Atl's were used from 5,000yrs ago until 9,000yrs ago...before that Clovis and other Paleo points were used on a Spear and were used for thrusting into a Mammoth or Mastodon...after one was diverted, enabling an Indian to sneak up and thrust into the underbelly. Their hopes were to hit a vital organ...and then follow the animal till it dropped.

Also, whether they’re ATL ATL‘s or just bow and arrow, most of those things will deteriorate in hundreds of years because they’re made mostly from organic type material. Am I right?

Also, whether they’re ATL ATL‘s or just bow and arrow, most of those things will deteriorate in hundreds of years because they’re made mostly from organic type material. Am I right?
Except for the high tech bows introduced to the native Americans 8,000 years ago by Extra Terrestrials, I hear they were superior to carbon fiber.

Correct...only in dry caves, and midwest, have the bows been found intact...although, some wood objects have been found in florida where there is an abundance of Peat, that gives off Carbon Dioxide that'll preserve the wood. Hence Wooden Canoes (Dugouts) that are found in Central Fl in Heavy Peat areas (notably North Side of Lake Apopka)

Advertisement
Correct...only in dry caves, and midwest, have the bows been found intact...although, some wood objects have been found in florida where there is an abundance of Peat, that gives off Carbon Dioxide that'll preserve the wood. Hence Wooden Canoes (Dugouts) that are found in Central Fl in Heavy Peat areas (notably North Side of Lake Apopka)

Yeah thanks for that comment. I have heard of what you said, and actually it’s great that happens, but I mean I don’t have a number because I’m not an expert on this, but it must be just the tiny infinitesimally small percentage of “soft tissue“ or organic materials get preserved

Yeah thanks for that comment. I have heard of what you said, and actually it’s great that happens, but I mean I don’t have a number because I’m not an expert on this, but it must be just the tiny infinitesimally small percentage of “soft tissue“ or organic materials get preserved
The Peat Moss gives off Carbon Dioxide which in turn keeps wooden artifacts from decaying. I have a friend in Tennessee who found an entire 1860''s Winchester rifle in a cave, that looks like it was put there yesterday...even had a leather satchel with flints in it. The dry conditions in the cave kept it in pristine condition.

The Peat Moss gives off Carbon Dioxide which in turn keeps wooden artifacts from decaying. I have a friend in Tennessee who found an entire 1860''s Winchester rifle in a cave, that looks like it was put there yesterday...even had a leather satchel with flints in it. The dry conditions in the cave kept it in pristine condition.

In that condition, that Winchester has got to be worth a pretty penny.

In that condition, that Winchester has got to be worth a pretty penny.
Ridiculous $$$$...Alot of my closest friends in Florida are Foreman and Superintendents of Site Developments companies. They're the ones who have given me heads ups on ground breaking jobs...Root raking...Ground clearing etc...especially around "Natural" bodies of water...Rivers, Lakes, Creeks...etc...that's enabled me to find alot of stuff surface hunting especially after rain...This is a pic of an abandoned Phosphate Mine Dragline in Bartow...My Megaladon teeth and some Arrowheads were found here.
20200616_131936(1).jpg

Advertisement
Back