Off-Topic Hurricane Season

Advertisement
In the grand scheme of things I came out very fortunate. No flooding and minimal damage. Most of my damage came from my neighbors roof shingles slamming through my pool cage and trashing my pool. I have to replace my screens and drain my pool. Other than that, only small little things. No power of course.

I can now cross being in the eye of a CAT 4 pretty much CAT 5 off my bucket list.

One of the scariest hours of my life though was when the left rear eye wall hit. 0 to at least 130 in a matter of seconds. Some of my hurricane shutters actually flew off and I was worried about a breech.

But compared to many of the people in Punta Gorda, I am extremely lucky.

I am at my in laws now in Venice. The flooding here is incredible but they have a generator. Almost couldn't get here though with all the roads blocked with flooding. They had about 8 hours of straight heavy wind and rain with no eye break. They were in the eye wall for hours non stop.

Just feel fortunate right now. I have friends who lost a lot.

Advertisement
In the grand scheme of things I came out very fortunate. No flooding and minimal damage. Most of my damage came from my neighbors roof shingles slamming through my pool cage and trashing my pool. I have to replace my screens and drain my pool. Other than that, only small little things. No power of course.

I can now cross being in the eye of a CAT 4 pretty much CAT 5 off my bucket list.

One of the scariest hours of my life though was when the left rear eye wall hit. 0 to at least 130 in a matter of seconds. Some of my hurricane shutters actually flew off and I was worried about a breech.

I am at my in laws now in Venice. The flooding here is incredible but they have a generator. Almost couldn't get here though with all the roads blocked with flooding. They had about 8 hours of straight heavy wind and rain with no eye break. They were in the eye wall for hours non stop.

Officials are calling it the Worst natural disaster in Florida's History.

Advertisement

Evolution Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Thanks....leaving Orlando tomorrow to actually see the carnage at home. I didn't get it real bad. All the ornamental stuff is completely gone. The downstairs couple have some flooding issues. But being almost 2miles inland saved our azzes.

Really glad to hear it.

The most important thing is you and your girlfriend are safe. After that, I hope the damage wasn’t too bad, it’s pretty amazing what a difference being a little bit inland makes. Still, I’m sure there’s a lot of people even past you that got hammered. Being on the second floor really makes a difference in terms of the water.

Bottom line you’re still here and breathing, in the end that’s all that counts.

Really glad you made it out OK too, and that you didn’t get too much damage.

Really glad to hear it.

The most important thing is you and your girlfriend are safe. After that, I hope the damage wasn’t too bad, it’s pretty amazing what a difference being a little bit inland makes. Still, I’m sure there’s a lot of people even past you that got hammered. Being on the second floor really makes a difference in terms of the water.

Bottom line you’re still here and breathing, in the end that’s all that counts.
Leaving Orlando in an hour...

Advertisement
Advertisement
I spoke to some friends (Home owners) in Cape Coral....one of them is as Hardcore (former Decorated Marine) I'm talking the Baddest MFer you can imagine. He was in tears on the phone last night. He said you simply cannot imagine the Devastation. I'll be home around 1pm....was going to be earlier, but decided there really was no rush.

Estero flooding damage is extensive.

Wish everyone and their families affected the best

Thank God for good neighbors.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back