Off-Topic Hurricane Season

Advertisement
Section of Sanibel Causeway gone

I haven't heard a lot about Captiva & Sanibel

Hopefully everyone evacuated the island
I was in Sanibel 2 months ago for vacation. Enjoyed a beautiful sunrise with my 2 year old granddaughter on Sanibel with Fort Myers Beach in the distance. My thoughts are with everyone impacted by this storm.

Section of Sanibel Causeway gone

I haven't heard a lot about Captiva & Sanibel

Hopefully everyone evacuated the island
Our friend lives there and didn't evacuate. Haven't seen an update from her in a while.

Lee County Sheriff is saying the death toll is in the 100's.

Yea I heard that this morning…. If true that would be insane and tragic. I only lost power here in Tampa. I’m hoping the the best for everyone, but hearing some awful things in the aftermath

Advertisement
1664466962887.png

Advertisement
There is No bridge connecting Sanibel & Captiva Islands. Cape Coral looks like 2 Nuclear Bombs went off...same with Ft Myers Bch. Thank God my place is 1 1/2 miles from the coast.
I grew up on a canal behind where Wendy's and Perkins now sit on Del Prado. I imagine that might have weathered better than some areas, but I'm sure it flooded. It was almost across the Caloosahatchee from the Edison home. I wonder how that fared.

I grew up on a canal behind where Wendy's and Perkins now sit on Del Prado. I imagine that might have weathered better than some areas, but I'm sure it flooded. It was almost across the Caloosahatchee from the Edison home. I wonder how that fared.
I have a lifelong friend who grew up on Savonna Pkwy...and another on Palaco Grande. My bus stop in 9th grade was on Coronado and S.E 46 lane...

Advertisement
I have a lifelong friend who grew up on Savonna Pkwy...and another on Palaco Grande. My bus stop in 9th grade was on Coronado and S.E 46 lane...
My parents owned a rental property on Tarpon Dr. We stayed there for a year and rented out our house. I was pretty young, but I clearly remember the best part was walking to 7-11 and getting a Slurpee in a collectible baseball cup. I got Lou Brock about 17 straight times.

My parents owned a rental property on Tarpon Dr. We stayed there for a year and rented out our house. I was pretty young, but I clearly remember the best part was walking to 7-11 and getting a Slurpee in a collectible baseball cup. I got Lou Brock about 17 straight times.
When I first moved to the Cape in 74....there was a 7-11 close to Cape Elementary, we'd walk to 7-11 on Del Prado to get Slurpees after playing Hoops at the school.

Advertisement
I’m just wondering how many people stayed to ride it out in Sanibel and Captiva, and for that matter Cayo Costa, I can’t even imagine what those areas look like. I was just there a few weeks ago for a quick weekend getaway.

Also, I’m wondering how long it’s going to take to rebuild the bridge. The only way to get to Sanibel and Captiva was that causeway bridge.

I’m just wondering how many people stayed to ride it out in Sanibel and Captiva, and for that matter Cayo Costa, I can’t even imagine what those areas look like. I was just there a few weeks ago for a quick weekend getaway.

Also, I’m wondering how long it’s going to take to rebuild the bridge. The only way to get to Sanibel and Captiva was that causeway bridge.
Absolute suicide to not evacuate. When I lived on Captiva from 81-83 that large concrete bridge was made of wood. It wasn't rickety....but nothing like the concrete bridge crossing the pass. I'm sure it'll cost a pretty penny.

Advertisement
Back