Off-Topic Hurricane Season

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes @Rickd @JD08 @Empirical Cane @423Hurricane
Coming home from Sarasota I stopped in Northport at that site I found 4 Spearpoints last week. And this time nobody was there (Sunday) and the site wasn't fenced in yet. I got out of my truck, and walked maybe 50yds and BAM.....a 9,000 yr old Bolen Bevel. What sucks, is the base has a broken piece on one side. If it had no break, we're talking $300....with break, $50....It be's like that sometimes....LolView attachment 227172
1000000404.jpg

Advertisement
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes @Rickd @JD08 @Empirical Cane @423Hurricane
Coming home from Sarasota I stopped in Northport at that site I found 4 Spearpoints last week. And this time nobody was there (Sunday) and the site wasn't fenced in yet. I got out of my truck, and walked maybe 50yds and BAM.....a 9,000 yr old Bolen Bevel. What sucks, is the base has a broken piece on one side. If it had no break, we're talking $300....with break, $50....It be's like that sometimes....LolView attachment 227172
**** ... I should be able to find SOMETHING around Hontoon Island.

**** ... I should be able to find SOMETHING around Hontoon Island.
If you Google Fl Bolen Bevel Projectile Point...you'll see the age at 8,000-9,000yrs old (Early Archaic) this being a side notch variant, and not Corner notched, makes it the 9,000yr old type.

Advertisement
Every time you post one of those, I think to myself man this place was full of people 10, 20, 30,000 years ago or longer. What’s the oldest human artifact you have?
The Mammoth Tusk is 15,000-20,000yrs old. That's probably the oldest thing "I've" found. But 7yrs ago I bought a Tyrannosaurus Rex Tooth from Montana that I paid $3,000 for (came with Letter of Authenticity) That's 75 Million yrs old. I keep it in a Safety Deposit Box, but later this week I'll post a pic if it. I could easily sell it for $4,500 today.

@OriginalCanesCanesCanes @JD08 @SpikeUM @Rickd ....little story about these.....
15yrs ago I went on a 3 day Artifact/Camping trip with 2 friends near Lake George, close to the St John's River. The 1st day I was hunting a washout near the riverbank, and found 2 of these Deer Bone pins, not realizing what they were. Over the course of 3 days, I ended up finding all of these within a few feet of each other. Come to find out, they all were from a necklace worn by an indian. They are approx. 3,500yrs old, and made of Deer Bone. You can see in the pic, that the fat end is were they connected it to the necklace. I had an UCF archeologist look at them, and he was absolutely floored. I didn't disclose where I found them. But he agreed they were all part of a necklace. I even arranged them in the case to show it was an actual necklace.
20230206_124820.jpg

Advertisement
so a mammoth is different than a woolly?
Same thing, different type of Mammoth....Woolly, Columbian, Steppe..etc are different types of Mammoths. Florida had the Columbian variety...and of course Mastadons, which were alittle smaller, with smaller tusks as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I usually dont ask men size questions, but how big was a Mastodon vs. a Mammoth?
@SpikeUM ....this is a piece of Artwork from renowned Indian/Artifact/Paleo Indian Artist Dean Quigley....I've met him at Artifact shows, and his Artwork is pure insanity. He has Originals, and reproductions for Sale. This is Paleo Indians Hunting a Mastodon around 10,000yrs ago in Florida.
numbered-dean-quigley-print-paleo-man_1_89f4bbad5ce604eb5f2edcad980877ef.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back