Off-Topic Hurricane Season

B6534F29-95CB-477A-ADAD-60D37A83676D.jpeg

Most of the spaghetti models, each one is a different and individual forecast track, have it heading out straight into the Gulf, the two that are of concern are the two ones to the far right, the orange and green ones, which look like they veer east and not west

Advertisement
View attachment 209092

Most of the spaghetti models, each one is a different and individual forecast track, have it heading out straight into the Gulf, the two that are of concern are the two ones to the far right, the orange and green ones, which look like they veer east and not west
If that goes over Cuba, it won't be very strong when it gets here.

Really hope it doesn’t come to the panhandle. Having an addition added on to the back of the house and it won’t be complete by the time it gets here if it does. Wonder what my insurance company will have to say about it if damage is done.

Advertisement
Really hope it doesn’t come to the panhandle. Having an addition added on to the back of the house and it won’t be complete by the time it gets here if it does. Wonder what my insurance company will have to say about it if damage is done.

Call the insurance company to clarify, if there are no watches or warnings, you should be able to amend the policy, if needed.

TD9 has taken a shift to the east. Looks like Fort Myers is in for some weather next week.

1663937523004.png

Actually, this is more the Euro model, still in the Tampa area

1663942758872.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Usually the mountains weaken it significantly.

That could happen, but I’ve seen them intensify very quickly once they get out into that warm open water. All they need is enough time over the warm water and they can bloom – BOOM – from one day to the next. Looks like that’s what may be happening with this one.

But of course that cone could be changing over the next few days and trending either further east or west, which then might put South Florida in the crosshairs.

At this point, it’s not even close to making that right hand turn, it’s not even near Cuba yet. Just have to keep following it.

I think sometime on Monday we will have a much better idea.

Advertisement
Not a Cuban terrain expert, but I thought the big rugged mountains were on the east coast, near Guantanamo.
Google maps agrees. I'm going off the Hebert boxes. The theory was the mountains of Cuba and Hispaniola weaken the storms. But as @OriginalCanesCanesCanes points out, a little time in the warm gulf waters will help strengthen it.

1663945132992.png

That could happen, but I’ve seen them intensify very quickly once they get out into that warm open water. All they need is enough time over the warm water and they can bloom – BOOM – from one day to the next. Looks like that’s what may be happening with this one.

But of course that cone could be changing over the next few days and trending either further east or west, which then might put South Florida in the crosshairs.

At this point, it’s not even close to making that right hand turn, it’s not even near Cuba yet. Just have to keep following it.

I think sometime on Monday we will have a much better idea.

Amateur meteorologist?

Advertisement
Back