Off-Topic Hurricane Ida

Naw been through so many of these growing up in Key West and then moving to La.You learn to respect them but not to panic.The people around the coast are the brave ones though.They pretty much lose half / all their belongings everytime these things come this way.I can’t imagine having to go through that.So I’m VERY fortunate.
We’ve been VERY lucky around here for 16 years to the day.We haven’t really had anything much hit this immediate area since Katrina even though the one last year tore up the Lake Charles /Texas Border area.We’ve seen every one of them turn toward the Fla. panhandle or the Rexas coast so it was just our turn.

Bad thing about this one was it happened so quickly the people like on Grand Isle and in Houma etc didn’t have much time to prepare as they normally would.But people around here are pretty resilient so they’ll rebuild.Did it after Katrina and they will again.

Funny thing is my wife’s and my stepsons birthday’s are both on the 29th.I told them they need to change it to another day so these massive storms would quit rolling through here..lol

But I really do appreciate the thoughts and well wishes from people I only know through a football site.It’s incredible the feeling of extended family you get when bad things happen to one of us.I am glad to have been a Cane fan going on 64 years now.There’s no other fan base/extended family I’d rather be a part of and anytime any of you are ever in the New Orleans please give me a call I’d love to buy you a drink and meet the people on the other end of typewriter.
If I’m ever down there, I’ll hit you up, so long as it isn’t around August 29th.

Advertisement
Naw been through so many of these growing up in Key West and then moving to La.You learn to respect them but not to panic.The people around the coast are the brave ones though.They pretty much lose half / all their belongings everytime these things come this way.I can’t imagine having to go through that.So I’m VERY fortunate.
We’ve been VERY lucky around here for 16 years to the day.We haven’t really had anything much hit this immediate area since Katrina even though the one last year tore up the Lake Charles /Texas Border area.We’ve seen every one of them turn toward the Fla. panhandle or the Rexas coast so it was just our turn.

Bad thing about this one was it happened so quickly the people like on Grand Isle and in Houma etc didn’t have much time to prepare as they normally would.But people around here are pretty resilient so they’ll rebuild.Did it after Katrina and they will again.

Funny thing is my wife’s and my stepsons birthday’s are both on the 29th.I told them they need to change it to another day so these massive storms would quit rolling through here..lol

But I really do appreciate the thoughts and well wishes from people I only know through a football site.It’s incredible the feeling of extended family you get when bad things happen to one of us.I am glad to have been a Cane fan going on 64 years now.There’s no other fan base/extended family I’d rather be a part of and anytime any of you are ever in the New Orleans please give me a call I’d love to buy you a drink and meet the people on the other end of typewriter.
I’m in Lafayette and feel the same way. Just very lucky in regards to hurricanes. I’ve lived in New Orleans and have family there, feel terrible for them

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back