Off-Topic Hurricane Ida

Advertisement
That Gulf of Mexico is like steroids for these storms. Unreal. Stay safe.

Advertisement
Yea it’s over 90 degrees in spots…we’ve been pretty lucky for 16 years but it looks like our luck has run out..
Exactly. Unfortunately, temperatures are continuing to get higher. Sucks, man. God bless.

Time to clear Louisiana and Haiti of people to make them wildlife preserves at this point.

Louisiana could be a bass fishing/duck hunting mecca...no idea about Haiti.

Advertisement
I rode out Michael here in Panama City and I won’t do it again. Stay safe and let’s us know all is well when it clears. 🙏

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Cajuncane where are you exactly? And of course stay safe!!!!
I am in Covington which is on the north side of the lake.If you follow the line in the middle of the lake when they show the map I am about 5 miles north of the north end of the lake.
I am just now getting the outer bands and the bad thing for us on the north shore the worst of it will hit after dark.I am one of the lucky ones that has a generator that runs most of my house except the A/C and water heater but a lot of people don’t.

I’ve heard rumors from the news outlets and friends on FB that Grand Isle and Houma have been flattened.The bad thing is this monster has slowed down to less than 9 mph so it’s dropping a ton of rain and winds of cat 2-3 are being felt inland as far as New Orleans for long periods of time.Good news for NO is they built the pumping system up over the years but they can only handle one inch the first hour and 1/2 inch each additional hour..Bad. News this thing is dropping 4-5-6 inches per hour.

it’s gonna be a loooooong night guys.I’ll keep you guys abreast of what’s going on as long as I can.Just keep this area in your prayers cause this thing is far from over and the destruction is only started cause it really hasn’t the populated areas like NO and Baton Rouge with her full fury yet.

oh and today is my wife’s and my stepsons birthdays…I told them they need to get a new one cause these massive storms keep showing up on theirs.

I am in Covington which is on the north side of the lake.If you follow the line in the middle of the lake when they show the map I am about 5 miles north of the north end of the lake.
I am just now getting the outer bands and the bad thing for us on the north shore the worst of it will hit after dark.I am one of the lucky ones that has a generator that runs most of my house except the A/C and water heater but a lot of people don’t.

I’ve heard rumors from the news outlets and friends on FB that Grand Isle and Houma have been flattened.The bad thing is this monster has slowed down to less than 9 mph so it’s dropping a ton of rain and winds of cat 2-3 are being felt inland as far as New Orleans for long periods of time.Good news for NO is they built the pumping system up over the years but they can only handle one inch the first hour and 1/2 inch each additional hour..Bad. News this thing is dropping 4-5-6 inches per hour.

it’s gonna be a loooooong night guys.I’ll keep you guys abreast of what’s going on as long as I can.Just keep this area in your prayers cause this thing is far from over and the destruction is only started cause it really hasn’t the populated areas like NO and Baton Rouge with her full fury yet.

oh and today is my wife’s and my stepsons birthdays…I told them they need to get a new one cause these massive storms keep showing up on theirs.
Prayers for you and the rest. I went to school in New Orleans during Katrina, and lived there after things reopened. Still have a LOT of friends in the city and region. Hoping for the best but this thing is a monster and seemingly won’t gtfo of the area. Will have you in thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there. After Michael came through here I had a new appreciation for these storms.

Advertisement
Back