Hunchbacks @ Hurricanes Game 2 May 20th 7:00 p.m.

Advertisement
Nice cherry on top for an impressive offensive performance. 1st and 3rd no outs and can't scratch a single run across for the 1st shut out of the year. Nice work lol

Predictably Pittifultelli to end it... well, at least it wasnt 1-0 ND when he struck out and left 3.

*He might do well in golf with that swing he has lately... maybe he can switch majors.

Advertisement
Based on Gino’s postgame answer, I think TBD had more to do with him being annoyed at ND not announcing a starter than it actually being TBD. They’re almost certainly starting Jack Findlay.

If they don’t win tomorrow let the winds take them. They’ve absolutely fallen down a flight of stairs down the stretch.
Quite the timing for our worst offensive performance of the season
Yep, worst possible time of year for the top and middle of the order to be slumping. Sorry, but true freshman aren't going to carry you in the post-season.

Advertisement
I’ve come around to @ewcanes argument that we’re good as far as hosting already. I also think a win still puts us in solid position a Top 8. This is why:
1 Tennessee Top 8
2 Oregon State Top 8
3 Vanderbilt No Below .500 in the SEC.
4 Maryland Top 8
5 Auburn Potential Top 8. 16-12 SEC
6 Virginia Tech Top 8
7 Georgia Southern No. Doesn’t lead a mid major conference
8 Stanford Top 8
9 Miami Potential Top 8
10 Dallas Baptist No. Barely above .500 in MVC
11 Louisville Potential Top 8
12 Notre Dame Potential Top 8
13 Virginia Potential Top 8?
14 Georgia No. Below .500 in SEC
15 Wake No. .500 in ACC
16 Florida No. Just above .500 in SEC

There are so many teams in the Top 16 with hideous resume flaws in the conference standings department. I don’t see UVA in the Top 8 over us given conference record gap (assuming we win tomorrow) and head to head. Tomorrow with ND is honestly probably a one game playoff for a Top 8 spot. I suppose I could see OK State (RPI 18) if they make a run in the Big 12 Tournament.

On a semi related note, is it crazy to think Florida could host a regional if they beat South Carolina to finish 16-14 in the SEC with a deep run in the SEC Tournament? FSU meanwhile has the same conference record as Florida with an RPI of 27 after losing a pair to UNC.

Last edited:
This is definitely in the rearranging deck chairs category, but either DH Villegas 2nd or push Dorian in that spot and get the lineup closer to what it was when we were having success
But seriously, stop batting Yoyo second….

Pathetic. I may just skip watching tomorrows game and check the score about 4.

This team is done. We are losing home games at a regular now. I agree with others. 1-2 in the regional and good night. I was going to fly down for the regional but I’ve decided not to do that to myself.

I’ve come around to @ewcanes argument that we’re good as far as hosting already. I also think a win still puts us in solid position a Top 8. This is why:
1 Tennessee Top 8
2 Oregon State Top 8
4 Maryland Top 8
6 Virginia Tech Top 8
8 Stanford Top 8
9 Miami Potential Top 8
15 Wake No. .500 in ACC

There are so many teams in the Top 16 with hideous resume flaws in the conference standings department. I don’t see UVA in the Top 8 over us given conference record gap (assuming we win tomorrow) and head to head. Tomorrow with ND is honestly probably a one game playoff for a Top 8 spot. I suppose I could see OK State (RPI 18) if they make a run in the Big 12 Tournament.

On a semi related note, is it crazy to think Florida could host a regional if they beat South Carolina to finish 16-14 in the SEC with a decent run in the SEC Tournament? FSU meanwhile has the same conference record as Florida with an RPI of 27 after losing a pair to UNC.
Is it okay, then, to root for Florida to win the sec tournament, just so the proverbial boogeyman doesn’t become the 2 seed in our regional? (Not that it matters, because, per the board, we have no chance of winning three games in a weekend either way)

Advertisement
Is it okay, then, to root for Florida to win the sec tournament, just so the proverbial boogeyman doesn’t become the 2 seed in our regional? (Not that it matters, because, per the board, we have no chance of winning three games in a weekend either way)
I won’t not root for them? That’s as far as I can bring myself.

1 Tennessee Top 8
2 Oregon State Top 8
4 Maryland Top 8
6 Virginia Tech Top 8
8 Stanford Top 8
9 Miami Potential Top 8
15 Wake No. .500 in ACC

On a semi related note, is it crazy to think Florida could host a regional if they beat South Carolina to finish 16-14 in the SEC with a deep run in the SEC Tournament? FSU meanwhile has the same conference record as Florida with an RPI of 27 after losing a pair to UNC.
I’d also throw in there some long shots with good conference records. If A&M wins the SEC tourney they get a top 8. I also would not be shocked if Arkansas got the same if they won it. But both are highly unlikely to win IMO

As you said there are so many average teams in the top RPI group, so somebody who wins their conference tourney, with a top 20 could steal one.

Advertisement
1 Tennessee Top 8
2 Oregon State Top 8
4 Maryland Top 8
6 Virginia Tech Top 8
8 Stanford Top 8
9 Miami Potential Top 8
15 Wake No. .500 in ACC

Yep, hosting the regional is already a lock. Win this series and top 8 is probably 90% a lock, even if we finish 2nd to VT in conference record. I don’t think the ACC tourney will matter enough to change anything for us.

We will root for Florida, they will end up hosting, and then the committee will send Vanderbilt to us as the 2. And Mike Martin’s buddies will place FSU with high school teams

Is it impossible for this program to get hot at a seasons end? It seems as though we do this every year…it’s baffling.
Both football and baseball have had this problem for 2 decades now. Both teams sign top 15 (football) and top 5 (baseball) classes each year…. So what’s the common denominator in both teams getting worse as season progresses year after year: COACHING and EVALUATING

thankfully it appears it may be behind us in football…. Baseball is likely stuck in mediocre land with Nepotism Dimare

Advertisement
Back