HUGE news on the JUCO DT front

Pete,

whats the deal on the Cerenord front?

sounds like we cooled on him after getting the JUCO commit...

With National Signing Day looming, 3-Star Defensive Tackle Edgar Cerenord has scheduled three official visits for the month of January.

According to a text from his brother Ricardo this morning, Edgar will take trips to Duke on the 17th, Purdue on the 24th and Tulane on the 31st.

That Duke visit will coincide with the football team's banquet, when they will be hosting a number of other commits in the Class of 2014.

The Blue Devils hope to build off the momentum of their successful season and finish this class with some high profile targets at positions of need. Check here for a full list:

duke and purdue, at least he has the grades. smh

Advertisement
does anyone have video of either of these two guys?

interested in checking them out. i see some high school stuff but nothing too recent.

Whether or not these kids make it in and be contributors between being a dumpster fire or a decent team next year. Huge huge news, with out them it is a nightmare at the DT position.

Pete,

whats the deal on the Cerenord front?

sounds like we cooled on him after getting the JUCO commit...

With National Signing Day looming, 3-Star Defensive Tackle Edgar Cerenord has scheduled three official visits for the month of January.

According to a text from his brother Ricardo this morning, Edgar will take trips to Duke on the 17th, Purdue on the 24th and Tulane on the 31st.

That Duke visit will coincide with the football team's banquet, when they will be hosting a number of other commits in the Class of 2014.

The Blue Devils hope to build off the momentum of their successful season and finish this class with some high profile targets at positions of need. Check here for a full list:

duke and purdue, at least he has the grades. smh

how much would watching him ball out at Duke suck..?

does anyone have video of either of these two guys?

interested in checking them out. i see some high school stuff but nothing too recent.

Here are 2014 DT Edgar Cerenod Highlights from (SR Year)
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/167777/highlights/116411375?autoplay=1[/video]

Here is footage from the FL High School State semi-finals, Cerenod is #11

[video=youtube;ohzDEEj0Bx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohzDEEj0Bx0[/video]

Cerenod vs Miami Central
[video=youtube;4pZ01mNmyJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pZ01mNmyJ8[/video]

Advertisement
Dont mean to be a debbie downer, but FWIW, Bakas said a while back that he had run into a JUCO OL coach that had coached against Wyche once, and the guy said Wyche was "just ok", not a double team guy or someone that they felt was a huge impact player on the DL.

Not to say that he cant be solid here, but I dont think we should be setting up sky high expectations, especially if he cant be here for Spring ball. I suspect he's going to be more a Renfrow type guy for us.

Because Bakas, a guy who almost never travels out of his 4000 person central florida town, ran into a Juco coach (there is no juco football in Florida btw), who SAYS he coached one game against Wyche, said he was just ok, we should take that as our lead evaluation? We should ignore that USC was all over him, had him committed, and kept fighting for him after Kiffin was gone? That Miami traveled across the US to get him?

I can't speak to his future here. But that evaluation means nothing to me.

LOL, I wrote "FWIW", and most people that follow recruiting know enough about Bakas to take it however they will. I get the skepticism, and I take it all with a grain of salt, but the way I read it, it just had a legit feel about it. Think he said he had gone somewhere and just was introduced to the guy and he turned out to be a JUCO OL coach and he happed to ask him about Wyche. I mean if you are going to cook up a story, one would think it would be a **** of a lot better than that. Bakas didnt even really give any major evaluation, just said what the guy told him, and that was that Wyche was "ok" but not a dominant guy that they had to double team or really worried them when they game planned and saw film on him. It was one JUCO OL coache's opinion. It wasnt some article he wrote or anything, it was just an "aside" he mentioned in a thread. I took it for what its worth, but lets not kid ourselves either, he wasnt demolishing everything in his path in JUCO either. Kid has potential, and I think can be a solid contributor, but its not the first time Ive read tidbits of people being less than blown away by Wyche.

All Im saying is, lets temper the sky high expectations a bit, before this turns into another "Kid was the next Cortez Kennedy, and AG and MD totally ruined him".

I hear you. I was just telling you what I thought it was worth.:)

And while you are telling us FWIW, you're also telling us we should temper our expectations because of it. No thanks!

Someone Get JapanCane in here to ***** about lack of long snappers in this class.

Wow you know whats FUNNY IS i just had a dumb *** argument on here with some negative ****ers who swore both of these guys weren't coming and the "sky was falling" yeah...........

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back