Huell Back

1527352970838.png

Advertisement
Great news. Hopefully he got valuable feedback from the teams he worked out with that will improve his game next year.

Advertisement
Great stuff, really like our team next year. Having a veteran dominated group is so important if you're not recruiting like Duke or Kentucky.

Lineup imo:

F/C: Huell, Izundu, Miller
F: Waardenburg, Gak
G/F: Lawrence, Mack
G: Johnson, Wilson
G: Lykes, DJ

We could go big and start Izundu with Huell, we could also go small and start Lawrence at the 4 with Wilson in the lineup too. Definitely some potential to mix things up based on matchups.

Great stuff, really like our team next year. Having a veteran dominated group is so important if you're not recruiting like Duke or Kentucky.

Lineup imo:

We could go big and start Izundu with Huell, we could also go small and start Lawrence at the 4 with Wilson in the lineup too. Definitely some potential to mix things up based on matchups.

Did Mack get the waiver to allow him to play next year?

Lineup imo:

I see a small guard heavy lineup

Huell
Amp
Wilson
Johnson
Lykes

The floor will be spread , shooters 1-4. Huell should eat with all that space.

Advertisement
That's big for us. Also wouldn't be surprised if they go:

Lykes
Johnson
Amp
Waardenburg
Huell

Waardenburg was getting important minutes at the end of last year and L loves his stretch fours

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good!

1. Lykes, DJ, Johnson
2. Johnson, DJ, Wilson
3. Wilson, Amp
4. Amp, Sam, Gak
5. Huell, Izundu, Miller

I think DJ is ready to have a big year. He's made improvement every year so far and I think he puts it together this year.

No matter the lineup, coach L has enough clay to make a top 7 ACC team this year.

Do we have a reliable backup PG?

Lykes is the only true PG, so we obviously can't lose him and need him for 30-35 min a game, but we have other guys that can handle the ball: Wilson, Johnson, Lawrence, DJ, hopefully Mack.

It's not much different from 2012-13, where Larkin was the only real PG. My hope is now that there is no question whop the PG is (no sharing of duties like the last 2 years), Coach L goes back to the PnR offense.

We've got bigs that can either shoot off the PnR (Sam, Gak) or attack the Rim (Huell, Izundu), and wings that can spread the court (Johnson, DJ, Wilson, Lawrence)

If Huell develops a shot he will have a chance in the pros. His speed fits the game perfectly as a modern big.

In the meantime, he makes next year’s team pretty interesting.

Advertisement
Back