Huell Back

Advertisement
If Huell develops a shot he will have a chance in the pros. His speed fits the game perfectly as a modern big.

In the meantime, he makes next year’s team pretty interesting.

He also needs to get physically tough. That is what he needs to improve first/most. That play against Loyola was a common occurrence for him last year.

Huell needs to do so much more than develop a shot (which in itself is a tall task) to have a chance to be an NBA player.

Advertisement
Huell made a huge jump from year 1 to year 2. Middle of ACC play he struggled but figured out a way to push through. Expect another huge jump this year. Huell has so much potential because of the combination of his athleticism and his skill. The man has touch and when a big man has touch that means he has the ability to develop a jump shot. Coming out of high school he was so raw that his development would take years to put together.

After year 1 he worked on his interior moves where he improved drastically. The interior moves were more hook shots and finishing at the rim in multiple ways. He lacked the back to the basket post moves where he settled for the hook shot instead of making a move an going up strong. This is where I believe you will see big time improvement this upcoming year. He also obviously needs to work on his shot this off season which you will see decent improvement for the upcoming year. He needs to come back again his senior year where I believe during that offseason he can really take the next step which would be his jump shot. During all this time if he continues to get stronger and can develop all of these skills I think he will be an NBA player. Obviously lots of ifs in there but he has the talent to get there.

Advertisement
Back